If the Bills release Moulds... Who would you want?

If we let Moulds go I think we should bring in Joe Jurevicius. JJ had a great year and has proven that he can still play in this league. He has the speed to go after a long ball and is a warrior who can go across the middle.

He would work well with Evans and Could be brought in for about 2 mill.

What do ya think.

If we let Moulds go I think we should bring in Joe Jurevicius. JJ had a great year and has proven that he can still play in this league.  He has the speed to go after a long ball and is a warrior who can go across the middle.

What do ya think.

606656[/snapback]

You mean as a #3?

I think he'll have other options, and I believe that marv and dick have made it clear that they want Moulds here next year. While he would be a great addition, Seattle won't let him go, assuming they have enough to spend on him after Hutch, and adding a RB via Free agency. But I imagine other teams like the colts will show interest. And if I had to pick between the colt and the Bills right now. I think I'd take the colts. Buffalo's QB situation will make it tough to bring in top flight FAs.

I believe we'll be lucky to get any top Free agents. and if we do, we'll overpay for them. If Lecharles Bentley makes it past the tag, and we are interested in him at all, we better jump on him quickly and throw some major cash at him. 1 great FA with many average would be fine with me. We also have to look at Free agents as rookies and see their potential, i. e. Matt Schobel-who coming out of college was one of the quicker TEs, and who has good hands. I don't believe that Cinci has used him to his full potential, and we can play the relative card. Anything to make us better. But if we improve next year it is going to have to be from the draft.

If we let Moulds go I think we should bring in Joe Jurevicius. JJ had a great year and has proven that he can still play in this league.  He has the speed to go after a long ball and is a warrior who can go across the middle.

What do ya think.

606656[/snapback]

Some have mentioned Reggie Wayne. I wouldn't mind him. Joe Jurevicius is a hard working wide receiver but his chances of staying in Seattle are probably better than him coming to play in Buffalo.

What do ya think.

606656[/snapback]

I'm all for it!!! To Hell with 5' something" WR's.. I want some big bastages in here who can go after the high ball, and block downfield on the running plays.

Face it.. the only reasons Reed and Parrish were drafted by the last regime, was their (TD, but mostly MM) love for Slash-like players.. (Kordell, Randel-El and to a lesser extant, Ward.)

My Reed assessment is:

1. 1st year- quite impressive performance and not unreasonable to hope that he would continue to develop into a credible #2 (making good on the college production which got him theBiletnikoff award as the best WR in college) and thus tag and trade PP.

2. 2nd- Huge disappointment as his on field production actually digressed as he developed a bad case of the droppsies.

3. 3rd- Still showed no WR chops and a little ST performance in a season cut short by injury. Evans pick demonstrated the Bills were looking (and finding) elsewhere for current #2 and future #1.

4. 4th- Showed some good ST play and demonstrated he can even play a little #3 or 4 WR. However, drafting of Parrish and prescence of Aiken who is better on ST and is a #4 WR as well makes paying anything beyond the vet minimum and chump change too much for Reed.

If the market gives him more than that I say adios and wish him well.

JJ would be a good option IMO. We can look to the draft and see if we cant get Chad Jackson in the 2nd round, or Travis Wilson in the 3rd. Not many draft options..lets see, who are the FAs..

Some options here

David Givens

Reggie Wayne

Antonio Bryant

Nate Burleson

Kevin Curtis

Joe Jurivicious

(Peerless Price...)

I think any of the above (not in parenthesis) might be an adequate replacement for moulds. I'd still rather have EM than any of the above. But if it came down to it, I could live with Evans/Curtis/Parrish or Evans/Wayne/Parrish.

I'd like JJ a lot. He has the size for the jump ball, and could be a great redzone threat, and a good posession type wr. David Givens would offer the possesion type wr opposite evans, and has reliable hands. Antonio Bryant would be a good option as well. Although I'm not of the mindframe that we need another wr. A receiving threat at te would be nice though.

In many ways it is hard to say who the other WR should be as we have lil' true idea what type of O we are going to run. I do not think we will have the depth of personnel at WR to run the same type of O Fairchild ran in St. L so i suspect we will see a run first/pass second O here next year, rather than the high-flying we may go deep on any play (but we still have Faulk) O Fairchild learned under Martz and ran successfully there.

The players we have behind Evans for WR depth indicates to me that the run first mode will dictate getting a Jurevicious type possession guy as our #2. The first time I saw this specific suggestion of JJ here was from Simon a couple of weeks ago and it made sense to me then with my only concern being JJ being on the backside of his career. Watching him in the SB set that concern aside for me for next year as the threat he provides will remain until proven otherwise. The threat of Evans deep will force dts of him that will make JJ more effective. If JJ is also productive, then it will make the Fairchild job to utilize WM more as a pass catching threat with great RAC.

If this is the triple threat then watch out.

I wouild see Parrish being a great #3 providing a great speed threat that makes Evans and JJ very difficult to deal with in 3 WR sets.

Howecver, I would not agree to the central premise here because Moulds renegotiated to a doable contract is a far more dangerous threat than JJ and I think while Moulds is not a Marvin Harrison, he is close to being that type of WR than Wayne is.

The key to the Bills receiving game being dominating next year is not the question of who replaces Moulds but actually whether former RB coach Fairchild can utilize and squeeze more out of WM as a receiving threat and also get a credible back-up for WM if he is going to be so central to our O.

What do ya think.

606656[/snapback]

I would try to sign him even if Moulds stayed. He is a quailty WR that would be an upgrade to what we have behind Moulds and Evans now. I would not wait. Drop as many backup WR as you need too that are on this team now to be able to sign him and go to the draft and free agency to fill out the roster. This is not a big deal. JJ is looking for a home and unless he stays with Seattle this team has a good chance of getting him.

What do ya think.

606656[/snapback]

Nick - I dont think a 30 something receiver who missed considerable time in 03 and 04 is the answer. We need a strong #2 with Evans moving into the #1 role. Think about this for a second- He had his best season in years with Seatle last year (10 tds) and they did not resign him as of yet. Why is that?

What do ya think.

606656[/snapback]

The Bills need a TE, not a wr. Counting on Everett to fill that role is like expecting Sam Aiken to be a starting WR. We already know what we don't have in Euhus and Campbell. If the Bills had a guy like Dallas Clark or Heath Miller and a solid offensive line, Evans and Roscoe would actually be good enough.

We can't sign a 31-year-old who's coming off a career year who everyone saw play well in the playoffs. His value right now is higher than ever. We can never catch up to the Seattles of the NFL if we continuously sign for a lot of money whom they paid very little to get. And anytime someone on this board brings up and underachiever or someone who has been injured, he gets lambasted. But that is exactly who we need to focus on - those whose price tag is lower than their value. I'll be the first to admit I don't know who that is. I hope OBD has some better ideas than TBD.

i like JJ i just think he WILL get big money, i just think a lot of teams will go after him, but for us i think he'd be great, evans and parrish would have the opportunity to get the ball the whole length of the field and then JJ is our red zone threat. Hope we get him.