BEST METAL VOCALIST OF ALL TIME

bbh10128

... WHO IS BEST HEAVY METAL VOCALIST EVER?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. ... WHO IS BEST HEAVY METAL VOCALIST EVER?

• RONNIE JAMES DIO
    • UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER
    • OZZIE OSBOURNE
    • AXEL ROSE
    • STEVEN TYLER
    • DAVID LEE ROTH
    • ROB HALFORD
    • BON SCOTT
    • ROBERT PLANT
    • JOE ELLIOTT
    • DAVID COVERDALE
    • OTHER (SPECIFY)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other... if we're talking singing ability, I'd have to go with someone like James LaBrie. That man's got a hell of a voice on him.

Out of the list you've provided, my vote would go to Ozz or Rose - more weight on "Front Man" than vocalist. When voting on that credential, James Hetfield rules all.

Edit.. speaking Lemmy, there's also the "Gimmick Guys" as I call 'em. Anselmo, Mustaine, and the Type-O dude. Not the best singing voices, but damn unique, which makes them good in their own right.

(Disclaimer: Gimmick in this sense is not a bad thing, nor is it a record company induced reason for sell out, it's just the name I've given it).

-Jeff

since this board has so much buffalo nostalgia how about the lead singer from Thalas!!!!

606354[/snapback]

sorry "Talas", you can still get the CD on amazon. lead singer was Paul Constantino. listened to some of the clips and it's very raw and poorly mixed -- pretty much sounds like a garage band with an over-active bassist.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000001CA...-5763105?n=5174

He's a Grammy-winning producer, most notably of the song "Don't Fear The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult.  Dummy. :doh:

:doh:

606361[/snapback]

ya i remember the cowbell skit i just didn't know who bruce was lol

all i knew was that he put his pants on one leg at a time like every one else, but when they were on, he produced gold records :P

He's a Grammy-winning producer, most notably of the song "Don't Fear The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult.  Dummy. :doh:

:doh:

606361[/snapback]

Where I live Brice Dickinson is/was the frontman for Iron Maiden.

Anybody else who's using the name is a thief and deserves to meet Bruce and his epee in a dark alley. :P

BRAD DELP FROM BOSTON? LOL, WHAT A WIMP. U MUST BE A PATRIOTS FAN TOO.

606364[/snapback]

- It's spelled "you".

- And I know where my caps lock key is located on my keyboard.

- And cookies are not things you take your computer apart, in order to eat.

Two pages. No Ian Gillan.

All righty then.

606384[/snapback]

Well, certainly if Zep, Aerosmith, Van Halen, and Whitesnake are considered "metal," then the Purple should as well, and I'd agree on Gillan being missing. However, I don't (I think they're all "hard rock") so I put my vote in for Dickinson. :P

MANY PEOPLE THINK THE SABBATH ALBUMS DIO MADE W/ OZZ WERE THAT BANDS BEST EFFORTS.

606331[/snapback]

Some people also think it's a good thing to type in all caps. It just goes to show you, some people are morons.

As far as your poll question: On the list: Plant or Ozzy

Not on the list:

Rod Evans, early vocalist for Deep Purple (Hush) and lead voacalist on the best hard rock album (but, not metal) of all time , Captain Beyond.

Eric Bloom, Blue Oyster Cult (when they were good...first 3 albums)

Janita "Jenny" Haan, vocalist of 70's band, Babe Ruth. B word could WAIL, I tells ya.

James Dewar, bassist and lead singer for Robin Trower's best efforts (including Bridge of Sighs). OK...that's not metal...it's too good to be metal. (See what I did there?) :P

Where I live Brice Dickinson is/was the frontman for Iron Maiden.

Anybody else who's using the name is a thief and deserves to meet Bruce and his epee in a dark alley.  :P

606377[/snapback]

Never question Bruce Dickinson! :doh:

anyways, i'd add Layne Staley to the list