BEST METAL VOCALIST OF ALL TIME

bbh10128

... WHO IS BEST HEAVY METAL VOCALIST EVER?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. ... WHO IS BEST HEAVY METAL VOCALIST EVER?

• RONNIE JAMES DIO
    • UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER
    • OZZIE OSBOURNE
    • AXEL ROSE
    • STEVEN TYLER
    • DAVID LEE ROTH
    • ROB HALFORD
    • BON SCOTT
    • ROBERT PLANT
    • JOE ELLIOTT
    • DAVID COVERDALE
    • OTHER (SPECIFY)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any list w/o Bruce Dickinson is a waste of time.

606303[/snapback]

SORRY BOUT NOT INCLUDING MAIDEN, ALWAYS MISS A FEW WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES. THATS WHY I PUT THE OTHER (SPECIFY) CHOICE FOR WRITE-INS. COULD HAVE PUT SCORPIONS AND IRON BUTTERFLY ON THERE TOO. DOUBTFUL ANY OF THEM WIN BUT GIVE EM THEIR SHOT.

All of those *ahem* "sticky substances" probably cemented his caps lock button. :P

Having to make a choice.... mehhh.... I go with Plant.

606323[/snapback]

GIVE ELLIOTT AND COVERDALE THEIR PROPS. TYLER AND ROTH NOT AS DESERVIGN IN MY MIND BUT HEY OTHERS MAY FEEL DIFFERENTLY.

GIVE ELLIOTT AND COVERDALE THEIR PROPS. TYLER AND ROTH NOT AS DESERVIGN IN MY MIND BUT HEY OTHERS MAY FEEL DIFFERENTLY.

606327[/snapback]

its down to plant or ozz for me. agree dio prolly has best voice and arguably longest productive career, but his pinnacle never reached as high as their's and he's not as closely associated with defining bands like zep and sabbath either.

it's kind of like a hall of fame vote, when you have one guy with no rings that you think was a better athlete going up against others flashing them rings!

its down to plant or ozz for me.  agree dio prolly has best voice and arguably longest productive career, but his pinnacle never reached as high as their's and he's not as closely associated with defining bands like zep and sabbath either. 

it's kind of like a hall of fame vote, when you have one guy with no rings that you think was a better athlete going up against others flashing them rings!

606328[/snapback]

DIO REPLACED OZZ IN SABBATH AFTER THE BAND HAD HAD ENOUGH OD OZZ'S DRUG ADDICTIONS. MANY PEOPLE THINK THE SABBATH ALBUMS DIO MADE W/ OZZ WERE THAT BANDS BEST EFFORTS. LISTEN TO TRACKS LIKE "HEAVEN AND HELL", "NEON KNIGHTS", "VOODOO" AND "DIE YOUNG" AND THEN TRY N TELL ME DIO ISNT ASSOCIATED W. SABBATH'S BEST

DIO REPLACED OZZ IN SABBATH AFTER THE BAND HAD HAD ENOUGH OD OZZ'S DRUG ADDICTIONS.  MANY PEOPLE THINK THE SABBATH ALBUMS DIO MADE W/ OZZ WERE THAT BANDS BEST EFFORTS. LISTEN TO TRACKS LIKE "HEAVEN AND HELL", "NEON KNIGHTS", "VOODOO" AND "DIE YOUNG" AND THEN TRY N TELL ME DIO ISNT ASSOCIATED W. SABBATH'S BEST

606331[/snapback]

agree those are great tracks. but how about ozz on "war pigs", "paranoid" and "iron man"? and what about ozz's solo projects that produced classics like "crazy train" and "mr. crowley?" i think they're about even on great tracks but ozz gets the nod because he has a stronger association w/ sabbath and more commercial solo career too.

fyi -- looks like from your pic you're a little biased for Dio!

agree those are great tracks. but how about ozz on "war pigs", "paranoid" and "iron man"?  and what about ozz's solo projects that produced classics like "crazy train" and "mr. crowley?"  i think they're about even on great tracks but ozz gets the nod because he has a stronger association w/ sabbath and more commercial solo career too.

fyi -- looks like from your pic you're a little biased for Dio!

606335[/snapback]

KEY PHRASE OZZ HAD "MORE COMMERCIAL SOLO CAREER" --- COULD MEAN "SELLOUT" TOO.

Any list w/o Bruce Dickinson is a waste of time.

606303[/snapback]

i listen to a lot of metal but i don't know many of the names of the artists

thats why i will probably get blasted but what the hell.. who is bruce dickinson?