Cards re-sign Kurt Warner...

Ramius

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2330942

Why you sign Warner before McCown is beyond me. The cards have won 10 games the past 2 years, and mccown has started in 8 of those 10 wins. Warner is old, concussion and fumble prone, and close to being washed up. But i guess decisions like this are why they are the cardinals.

Anyway, since McCown will want to start, he'll likely be gone from arizona. what are the thoughts on tossing him into the Bills QB mix? (i doubt it will happen, someone will take a chance on him and pay him decent bucks, because he's shown promise and is still young)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2330942

Why you sign Warner before McCown is beyond me. The cards have won 10 games the past 2 years, and mccown has started in 8 of those 10 wins. Warner is old, concussion and fumble prone, and close to being washed up. But i guess decisions like this are why they are the cardinals.

Anyway, since McCown will want to start, he'll likely be gone from arizona. what are the thoughts on tossing him into the Bills QB mix? (i doubt it will happen, someone will take a chance on him and pay him decent bucks, because he's shown promise and is still young)

604004[/snapback]

maybe to teach him?

He was coming on REALLY strong at the tail end of the season. He was throwing for 300+ almost every week.

I didn't see Holcomb or Losman doing that at ALL.

604082[/snapback]

From Darftsharks:

This means Warner is off the market (sorry Detroit) and Josh

McCown will be leaving in free agency. Warner was extremely productive

in spurts last year, actually posting top-5 fantasy numbers over a

6-game stretch before he sprained his MCL in December. He developed a

perfect rapport with Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin (who became the most

dangerous WR duo in pro football) and topped 300 yards 5 times in only

8 full starts.

Fair enough. Holcomb did throw for over 300 yards against the Bengals. And the Bills don't have the Cards' talent at WR.

604150[/snapback]

The Cards have very good wrs and potentially great ones, but you're selling Moulds and Evans short. Boldin is very similar too Moulds but he's only done it for 2 years. And while Fitzgerald could be a superstar, Evans outplayed him as a rookie and has a bright future as well. Plus, the Bills are a run first type team where as the Cards have no running game. Thus, they are forced to throw and put up high receivng numbers. That being said, I think McCown is getting screwed and I think someone will get a very good (and fairly cheap) QB.

Bills and fellow bum AZ ended up with identical 5 -11 records. Throw no stones... :doh:

604199[/snapback]

Point taken. Actually, considering Kurt Warner threw for 300 yards five times in just eight starts, behind Arizona's trash OL, I have to give the guy credit. I mean, with numbers like those, he sounds a little like the real Kurt Warner. That's a scary thought.

Point taken. Actually, considering Kurt Warner threw for 300 yards five times in just eight starts, behind Arizona's trash OL, I have to give the guy credit. I mean, with numbers like those, he sounds a little like the real Kurt Warner. That's a scary thought.

604264[/snapback]

With today's "Hey ref, he gave me a dirty look and touched me with a pinky finger!!!" rules, a 300 yd. qb game isn't what it used to be.

The Cards have very good wrs and potentially great ones, but you're selling Moulds and Evans short.  Boldin is very similar too Moulds but he's only done it for 2 years.  And while Fitzgerald could be a superstar, Evans outplayed him as a rookie and has a bright future as well.  Plus, the Bills are a run first type team where as the Cards have no running game.  Thus, they are forced to throw and put up high receivng numbers.  That being said, I think McCown is getting screwed and I think someone will get a very good (and fairly cheap) QB.

604167[/snapback]

Moulds and Evans are a good tandem, but I am afraid to say, they are not in the Boldin/Fitzgerald neighborhood just yet. True Evans had a better rookie season than Fitzgerald, but Fitzgerald, if I recall, was injured part of his rookie season, and was second fiddle to the phenom that was Boldin. This year they both put up top receiver numbers, nearly every week, no matter what crappy QB was throwing them the ball...if you are using Fitzgerald's rookie season to offset his second year success, you have to use Evans second year stats (despite the circumstances) to offset his rookie stats....

If the Cards offered us Fitzgerald and Boldin for Moulds and Evans, I would take that deal in a split second...

All said, I think the Cards are foolish to give up on McCown so quick (he has been very productive), particularly in favor of Warner. McCown would be at least a great back-up for someone (maybe the Bills?), and would likely be an upgrade for about half the teams in the NFL right now (maybe the Bills?), as a starter. From what I have heard, it is more a case of McCown being in Denny Greenes dog-house, than for his production.

With today's "Hey ref, he gave me a dirty look and touched me with a pinky finger!!!" rules, a 300 yd. qb game isn't what it used to be.

604281[/snapback]

As in, a 300 yard game isn't what it used to be in Buffalo on any given Sunday by the home team?