Keep up the good work

TPS

B.S. I thought I read that was 3 hours later, correct me if I am wrong, they had secret service there and they waited!  Keep spewing you misinfo.

604050[/snapback]

You're wrong. Whittington was in the ER much quicker than three hours, the hospital staff is required to report any short of gunshot would to the police, the police would have been notified at the latest by the time Whittington got to the ER. By all appearances, they were notified by the Secret Service when Whittington's ambulance left FOR the hospital.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong.  Whittington was in the ER much quicker than three hours, the hospital staff is required to report any short of gunshot would to the police, the police would have been notified at the latest by the time Whittington got to the ER.  By all appearances, they were notified by the Secret Service when Whittington's ambulance left FOR the hospital.

604065[/snapback]

Damn, and this was just beginning to be a really good conspiracy!

:devil:

You're wrong.  Whittington was in the ER much quicker than three hours, the hospital staff is required to report any short of gunshot would to the police, the police would have been notified at the latest by the time Whittington got to the ER.  By all appearances, they were notified by the Secret Service when Whittington's ambulance left FOR the hospital.

604065[/snapback]

But, how does that play into the conspiracy theories?

Let's recap the fun:

1) Cheney was drunk off his ass.

2) Cheney is trying to hide the fact that there even was a hunting accident.

3) This was actually an assassination attempt.

4) Cheney did not immediately call the WH press corps together and hold a press conference to discuss the matter, therefore it is a conspiracy.

Did I miss anything? :devil:

604065[/snapback]

No, no, the Secret Service waited 3 hours before allowing Whittington to be transported to the hospital because that's how long it took to get him to sign secret papers in which he agreed that the "accident" was entirely his fault and that Dick Chaney had no involvement in the incident whatsoever. Heck, Chaney wasn't even there. Uh huh.

I thought some about how I would handle this, were it me. Were it me, I'd have waited a while to have a clearer picture before any press announcement. I would have immediately assumed that there would be absolutely no possible way that this wouldn't get to the media at some point - so what are my other considerations? I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to respond to the press at the same time I was trying to learn information myself as to the man's condition and prognosis. I would also consider keeping the press off the lawyer's family until they could get a handle on it themselves.

As for the being drunk part, as I recall Cheney has ongoing heart issues. Is it a good idea for people with chronic heart conditions to drink to excess?

When major members of government travel and do things in terms of their own personal business, I think it's kept pretty low key. I'm guessing one doesn't have the same level of security apparatus set up at a hunting ranch as one does on an advertised trip to a foreign capitol. Did anyone really know he was there? Were I responsible for security - I would have kept things from the press as best I could until the VPOTUS was out of the area, or under a level of security where I had full control and resources. Either case would take time to establish. As I understand it (haven't been keeping up like some) he spent time at the hospital with his friend and the family. Much easier to secure quietly, then having announced it to the media.

In short, I think there are other factors that need to be weighed in. Is this a "politically" significant event warranting immediate disclosure?

No.

So, don't.

But, how does that play into the conspiracy theories?

Let's recap the fun:

1) Cheney was drunk off his ass.

2) Cheney is trying to hide the fact that there even was a hunting accident.

3) This was actually an assassination attempt.

4) Cheney did not immediately call the WH press corps together and hold a press conference to discuss the matter, therefore it is a conspiracy.

Did I miss anything?  :devil:

604073[/snapback]

Yeah, motive. Whittington was just about to go to the grand jury to get an indictment against Halliburton for...well, for being Halliburton. Because we all know Halliburton's involved somehow.

So Whittington had to go...and Karl Rove decided the best way to do this was to have Cheney take him hunting, get drunk, and shoot him in the head, thereby maintaining "plausible deniability" allowing them to insist it really was an accident...while, in the meantime, delaying EVERYTHING in an attempt to cover up the fact that the VP was drunk as planned. All so the guy they DIDN'T kill could NOT die of a minor heart attack a couple days later.

Personally, I find it more likely that Bigfoot did it. The only reason this is even REMOTELY plausible is because it's no more convoluted and stupid than the pre-war Iraq justifications. 0:)

Yeah, motive.  Whittington was just about to go to the grand jury to get an indictment against Halliburton for...well, for being Halliburton.  Because we all know Halliburton's involved somehow. 

So Whittington had to go...and Karl Rove decided the best way to do this was to have Cheney take him hunting, get drunk, and shoot him in the head, thereby maintaining "plausible deniability" allowing them to insist it really was an accident...while, in the meantime, delaying EVERYTHING in an attempt to cover up the fact that the VP was drunk as planned.  All so the guy they DIDN'T kill could NOT die of a minor heart attack a couple days later. 

Personally, I find it more likely that Bigfoot did it.  The only reason this is even REMOTELY plausible is because it's no more convoluted and stupid than the pre-war Iraq justifications.  :devil:

604089[/snapback]

Why stage a "hunting accident?" Why not just have Karl Rove and his weather machine target where Whittington was going to be? It worked in New Orleans. That way, Cheney does not even have to get involved.

Why stage a "hunting accident?" Why not just have Karl Rove and his weather machine target where Whittington was going to be? It worked in New Orleans. That way, Cheney does not even have to get involved.

604111[/snapback]

Because it worked in New Orleans. So now it's no longer covert.

Plus, the Japanese Yakuza has the weather machine now. The Yakuza doesn't get nearly enough credit for their evil-doings.

Because it worked in New Orleans.  So now it's no longer covert.

Plus, the Japanese Yakuza has the weather machine now.  The Yakuza doesn't get nearly enough credit for their evil-doings.

604120[/snapback]

Rove could still branch out. His weather machine caused the tsunami and the Katrina. All stuff involving flooding. Why not throw everyone off with a freak snowstorm? It is winter, therefore it is the perfect cover. Snow...winter...nobody would ever suspect. Brilliant!! Get 'er done, Karl!!

Plus, the Japanese Yakuza has the weather machine now.  The Yakuza doesn't get nearly enough credit for their evil-doings.

604120[/snapback]

I know firsthand, and they keep the riff-raff out of the neighborhood at the same time, But so little thanks...

604120[/snapback]

Yakuza? Aren't they the dumplings you dip into a salty sauce?

Amazing what the Japanese can do these days. First, Hello Kitty, now weather altering dumplings.

Yakuza?  Aren't they the dumplings you dip into a salty sauce?

Amazing what the Japanese can do these days.  First, Hello Kitty, now weather altering dumplings.

604169[/snapback]

Hah! You think that's bad? Wait until they unleash their plague-carrying rabbits on the world!

Screw the space plane, I still don't have that nuclear stove to get the Presidential Retatta done in 12 seconds.

604246[/snapback]

Where the hell are we supposed to mount the laser without a space plane?