Wow, Ryan Leaf back for nowhere

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5331858

I saw this article on the net this morning and had a bit of a chuckle

He is now going to be coaching QB's at West Texas A&M

Now before everyone starts jumping on this and saying just cause he was a bust at playing in the NFL doesn't mean he won't be successful as a coach in college, remember the comments you make about the bills new coaching staff and their previous experiences and how you would feel if he was hired as the QB coach in Buffalo

This strikes me as very strange, because it's not like Leaf was a cerebral QB who failed in the NFL due to physical limitations. Who knows, maybe he's finally got his head screwed on straight.

He was just interviewed on the Dan Patrick show. Wow... It was a nice interview. He seems to have the maturity of a 50 year old man now as opposed to the 10 year old when he played. He was humble, he had perspective...

When asked what he thought about being the punch line of so many jokes he came back with a lyric:

"I think the world of myself. It's just that the world doesn't think much of me..."

He was just interviewed on the Dan Patrick show.  Wow... It was a nice interview.  He seems to have the maturity of a 50 year old man now as opposed to the 10 year old when he played.  He was humble, he had perspective...

When asked what he thought about being the punch line of so many jokes he came back with a lyric:

"I think the world of myself. It's just that the world doesn't think much of me..."

604153[/snapback]

Getting...what?...20 million bucks dropped in my lap for doing nothing - would make me pretty sanguine, too. My world would be very lovely and I would be O so pleasant...:devil:

Getting...what?...20 million bucks dropped in my lap for doing nothing -  would make me pretty sanguine, too. My world would be very lovely and I would be O so pleasant...:doh:

604157[/snapback]

FWIW, he claims not to have really spent any of it.

and I don't believe you. Despite what some people say, there aren't many people who want to sit around and do nothing for the the next 70 years and I'm pretty sure he has a lot of internal anguish over his missed opportunities no matter what his bank account says.

FWIW, he claims not to have really spent any of it.

and I don't believe you. Despite what some people say, there aren't many people who want to sit around and do nothing for the the next 70 years and I'm pretty sure he has a lot of internal anguish over his missed opportunities no matter what his bank account says.

604171[/snapback]

Well, if you say so. I don't know why you feel the need to insult us barflies, though...we are a most philisophical lot, peaceful in manner, poetic in word, always offering a fellow a second chance, concerned with the human condition, and fretting over the fate of our precious natural resources and bodily fluids. We believe we are marvelous people providing a calming influence in these times of tension and strife... :doh:

He was just interviewed on the Dan Patrick show.  Wow... It was a nice interview.  He seems to have the maturity of a 50 year old man now as opposed to the 10 year old when he played.  He was humble, he had perspective...

604153[/snapback]

Well, good for him, it's nice to see that someone can learn from his mistakes.

If he truely has his head screwed on straight, maybe he should try and make an NFL comeback.  He's just turning 30 in May.  :doh:

604603[/snapback]

Basically what he said was as soon as he learned how to handle himself and the media - he injured his wrist. The injury was bad enough that he couldn't throw the ball like he did in college and therefore his career had to end.