Haloti Ngata is off the board at #8

firstngoal

It seems every Mock Draft that I view on the net has the Bills taking Ngata at number 8. What happens if the Raiders or Niners take him before we Draft?

Do you think the Bills would even consider QB Vince Young IF he's still available?

I don't!

But it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills considered Chad Greenway a OLB from Iowa because he would fit into the Bills new Cover 2 scheme because of his speed!

:D

It seems every Mock Draft that I view on the net has the Bills taking Ngata at number 8.  What happens if the Raiders or Niners take him before we Draft?

Do you think the Bills would even consider QB Vince Young IF he's still available?

I don't! 

But it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills considered Chad Greenway a OLB from Iowa because he would fit into the Bills new Cover 2 scheme because of his speed!

601800[/snapback]

If ferguson, mario williams, and ngata are not there:

i take Michael Huff in a second

i love this guy

If ferguson, mario williams, and ngata are not there:

i take Michael Huff in a second

i love this guy

601807[/snapback]

I like him but I think Vernon Davis (if Levy likes his intangibles) would be a great fit. No, I don't think the Bills go QB round 1 unless Leinhart falls - he won't. I do think they need a QB in rnd 3-7, though...

I think the Bills will have about four guys nailed down as sure picks. If these guys aren't there, then they should take their full time to trade out of the #8 spot. This is assuming Reggie Bush and A.J. Hawk are gone, and that the Bills resigned or taggeed Nate.

1. Mario Williams

2. Brick

3. Ngata

4. Vernon Davis

Guest BackInDaDay

Draft LBs, DE, DT, S.

Sign OG, OT, TE.

Fast, aggressive, instinctive college defenders can make an immediate impact on the proposed '06 Tampa c.2. I'd draft nothing but defensive players.

We don't need anymore O-line prospects and other club's subs. Sign mid to high level veteran talent. We've already got young linemen that can back up the vets.

Pick up an offensive TE to back up Euhus. Everett hasn't played an NFL down, and is gonna be a project (another Donahoe 'best available' pick :D ).

It seems every Mock Draft that I view on the net has the Bills taking Ngata at number 8.  What happens if the Raiders or Niners take him before we Draft?

I don't! 

601800[/snapback]

I like Chad Greenway but I'm not sure where he would fit, unless the Bills decide to cut Jeff Posey. Michael Huff is an option that was talked about, but the trade down scenerio seems to be the most logical for the Bills if we don't get one of the 3 guys we want.

I'm not worried if Ngata's gone.

I plan on Ferguson and Williams being gone. With those two gone, even if Ngata's there; i'd go with Vernon Davis or Michael Huff instead. I think both of them are far better at their positions than Ngata is.

We can get DT's in FA. But a prototype, Gates-like TE and the nations top DB? Not so much.

my personal fav draft has williams or d'brick there for us at 8.

while ngata looks solid, i think there will be a few guys just below him available for us in the 2nd, and we will have a shot at another decent DT in the 3rd, or more importantly a solid OL prospect or 2, or one and a safety in the 3rd.

I expect us to get 4 new starters (or VERY high on the rotation at DT) on our lines (2 each) in day one of the draft and FA.

if we can nab an LT like backus (moving gandy to LG) and bentley in FA, we can keep williams if he is cheap or just cut him and spend all of our picks on D.

i'd like

williams

watson

Safety

OL/MLB

in day one if we get our OL in FA.

this, along with decent coaching and JP coming into his own could set up a VERY solid core for our team

I like him but I think Vernon Davis (if Levy likes his intangibles) would be a great fit.  No, I don't think the Bills go QB round 1 unless Leinhart falls - he won't.  I do think they need a QB in rnd 3-7, though...

601839[/snapback]

yeah, davis would be good too

If he is gone by the number 8 spot, I think the bills should pack up and walk out of the draft and fold the franchise.

If he is not there, they go to the next best guy on their list and draft that person, or they trade the pick away if they get a good offer, or they walk down and punch the GM of whomever picked the player the fans wanted them to take.

Draft LBs, DE, DT, S.

Sign OG, OT, TE.

Fast, aggressive, instinctive college defenders can make an immediate impact on the proposed '06 Tampa c.2.  I'd draft nothing but defensive players.

We don't need anymore O-line prospects and other club's subs.  Sign mid to high level veteran talent.  We've already got young linemen that can back up the vets.

Pick up an offensive TE to back up Euhus.  Everett hasn't played an NFL down, and is gonna be a project (another Donahoe 'best available' pick  :wacko: ).

601880[/snapback]

Agreed on all counts...except maybe Kevin Everett...I have a friend who follows the Miami Hurricanes program very closely. He told me last year that Roscoe Parrish was not an NFL WR, but Kevin Everett has some "superstar" potential. He put Everett in the class of high caliber of TE's to come out of Miami. As you said though, he is a project...I was very anxious to see him play this past year. As it turned out, that was only the smallest of disappointments of the 2005 season.