THE NUMBER ONE ALBUM IN AMERICA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry #1 album...Stones biggest $$ makers...sounds about right.  The public has no taste.

But, this should make the consumer of all that is advertised and popluar, Rico, very happy.   :lol:

600884[/snapback]

Are you seriously comparing the Stones to Manilow, The Dean? :doh::D

I do believe though that Manilow has a lot more MILF fans. ;)

Barry #1 album...Stones biggest $$ makers...sounds about right.  The public has no taste.

But, this should make the consumer of all that is advertised and popluar, Rico, very happy.  :doh:

600884[/snapback]

The Dean, I am asking this question in all honesty, not in an attacking manner. My question is why do you feel so superior in your taste's and opinion's to pass judgment on the taste's and opinion's of other people ? I've noticed this superior tone in most of your posts and I was curious about why you think that you are superior to other people ? Are you rich ? Are you famous ? Are you in a position of authority ? Are you from Texas or Maryland ? (People from Texas or Maryland seem to be very opinionated from my experiences in meeting people)

Inquiring minds want to know ?

The Dean, I am asking this question in all honesty, not in an attacking manner. My question is why do you feel so superior in your taste's and opinion's to pass judgment on the taste's and opinion's of other people ? I've noticed this superior tone in most of your posts and I was curious about why you think that you are superior to other people ? Are you rich ? Are you famous ? Are you in a position of authority ? Are you from Texas or Maryland ? (People from Texas or Maryland seem to be very opinionated from my experiences in meeting people)

Inquiring minds want to know ?

600935[/snapback]

May I step to the plate for you Dean?

Notice the emoticon?

Just my $.02... He never comes off as "superior"... Even in the old days. I just don't read that in his posts... He comes off as confident and knowing what he likes, just that. Sure he has a jaded angle, who doesn't? Especially when it comes to the 'Stones and Barry "MingleLow" Mannilow.

I for one like his OPINIONS (then again, some might fault me with the same style).

You don't have to be anything to be confident. It isn't about elitism or anything else... It is about knowing what you like and saying it.

:doh:

That was Sonny Bono ! But they did kind of look alike.

600933[/snapback]

So Barry lives? It's not like some Tupac thing where he keeps making records from the afterlife?

May I step to the plate for you Dean?

Notice the emoticon?

Just my $.02... He never comes off as "superior"... Even in the old days.  I just don't read that in his posts... He comes off as confident and knowing what he likes, just that.  Sure he has a jaded angle, who doesn't?  Especially when it comes to the 'Stones and Barry "MingleLow" Mannilow.

I for one like his OPINIONS (then again, some might fault me with the same style).

You don't have to be anything to be confident.  It isn't about elitism or anything else... It is about knowing what you like and saying it.

:doh:

600940[/snapback]

I don't think he's ever funny, but I did notice the emoticon. ;):D;)

Must be a California thing... :lol:

Hey Rico, have you ever heard of Amos Lee? Supposedly he's been doing a bunch of gigs in Philly and NYC lately. The guy has got some sick talent if you like his style of music -folk/soulish. I know you've been hitting Stones concerts up there so wondered if you'd heard of him. I'm going to pick up his CD today.....it's good stuff.

Hey Rico, have you ever heard of Amos Lee? Supposedly he's been doing a bunch of gigs in Philly and NYC lately. The guy has got some sick talent if you like his style of music -folk/soulish. I know you've been hitting Stones concerts up there so wondered if you'd heard of him. I'm going to pick up his CD today.....it's good stuff.

600954[/snapback]

He opened for Dylan within the past year or so (I think on the Dylan/Merle Haggard run) ... I missed those shows, word was that his music was good but his show was not (ie. no stage presence)... don't know any more about him.

I don't think he's ever funny, but I did notice the emoticon. ;)  :P  :lol:

600949[/snapback]

:D

And I would think he would say he isn't that funny too... Yet, I did pick up the humor... You probably like the 'Stones? And was poking fun at that. God, I hope it wasn't Barry Manilow? :lol:;) Even I got to admit that the 'Stones are better than BM. :D I was always partial to: "Waiting On A Friend"... I even think that Dean, in all his Donald Fagen/Steely Dan loving ways would agree too... :doh:;)

Sorry again for speaking out of turn, but I find it enjoyable that Dean has returned and resumed posting.

Boy... I USE TOO MANY EMOTICONS (and caps, and varying styles)... Hope I don't get accused of being BF or what not.

One thing that this board has always needed is reading comprehension and the need to LOOK at the post and pick up the subtle nuances before going all "Richio" on people. I still think, threaded views would be great to bring back... But, I am rambling again...

;)

He opened for Dylan within the past year or so (I think on the Dylan/Merle Haggard run) ... I missed those shows, word was that his music was good but his show was not (ie. no stage presence)... don't know any more about him.

600957[/snapback]

Interesting....I think I did read some reviews that said his stuff was influenced by Dylan to a pretty large degree. I didn't know he was opening for him, though....pretty cool. I sort of just heard him by accident when I was 'entertaining' the other night and we were watching a chick flick ("Feels Like Heaven"). I checked out the credits and saw his name, so figured I'd pick up his CD and see what's up.

I think I'm also going to pick up either Zeppelin II or IV.....I'm leaning toward IV....any input?