Who's the greatest Bills Rb of all-time?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cribbs, Cookie was mentioned, Braxton without question, even Henry.  Willis has a way to go.  Does he even crack the top 10 at this point?

Thurman

Cookie

Juice

KD

Braxton

Cribbs

Hooks

Henry

Bell

Harmon

597266[/snapback]

I think I would put Rob Riddick on your list over Hooks and Harmon. Best Omision is Terry Miller, even though he had a 1000 yd. season.

I think I would put Rob Riddick on your list over Hooks and Harmon. Best Omision is Terry Miller, even though he had a 1000 yd. season.

597414[/snapback]

I waffled on Miller, just couldn't do it though. Totally forgot about Riddick. Couple decent years out of him? Regardless of how great he feels, Willis still has a way to go. (hope he gets there)

Thorpe?  As in Jim?  Buffalo Bills?

597396[/snapback]

I was wondering that myself. Thorpe played against the Buffalo teams, but never for any Buffalo team. They also were not the Bills back then, but that is just a minor technicality.

Even though Thurman was a far better blocker and receiver, if you put OJ Simpson in his prime as the RB in the K Gun during the Super Bowl years (as Thurman was in his prime), I think we win four in a row instead of lose four in a row.

597422[/snapback]

I'm not sure you'd run the K-gun with the Juice. TT's receiveing abiilty were essential to that scheme. And, someone had to pick up the blitz...OJ? i don't think so.

With that said, we may have won a Super Bowl or two with that team and OJ...but, we'd be running a different offense, IMO.

Guest BackInDaDay
OJ is up there with Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Payton.  There has never been anyone even close before or since.  Awful human being but he is one of the top five running backs ever to play the game.

597265[/snapback]

What he said. :blush:

...and don't you guys forget my personal favorite, Mini-Max Anderson! :P

What he said.  :blush:

...and don't you guys forget my personal favorite, Mini-Max Anderson!  :P

597512[/snapback]

I loved Mini Max. He and Cookie would have made a hell of a tandem.

Willis certainly has the potential to break into the top ranks of Bills RBs. But, he isn't there yet.

Guest BackInDaDay
I loved Mini Max.  He and Cookie would have made a hell of a tandem.

597516[/snapback]

Could've run the 'Bone with Magic Marlin at QB. :blush:

Cribbs, Cookie was mentioned, Braxton without question, even Henry.  Willis has a way to go.  Does he even crack the top 10 at this point?

Thurman

Cookie

Juice

KD

Braxton

Cribbs

Hooks

Henry

Bell

Harmon

597266[/snapback]

I cannot comment on Braxton, but Cribbs is higher than Cotton in my book... I'd put Riddick above Harmon and Bell, too.

Thurman is a tough guy to rank. Is he the best RB the Bills have had? No. Not even second.

Is there another Bills RB I'd rather have in the backfield? No, because he was a football player before he was a running back. That made him a bigger offensive threat than anyone I've seen in a Bills uniform. He could line up as a WR and he could pick up the blitz.

I cannot comment on Braxton, but Cribbs is higher than Cotton in my book...  I'd put Riddick above Harmon and Bell, too.

Thurman is a tough guy to rank.  Is he the best RB the Bills have had?  No.  Not even second. 

Is there another Bills RB I'd rather have in the backfield?  No, because he was a football player before he was a running back.  That made him a bigger offensive threat than anyone I've seen in a Bills uniform.  He could line up as a WR and he could pick up the blitz.

597654[/snapback]

Who was "Cotton"???