Who's the greatest Bills Rb of all-time?

I'm surprised at the disrespect for McGahee. He didn't get carries or blocking, and he often faced eight or nine men in the box. Yet he still finished with over 1000 yards.

599255[/snapback]

So true. I find it amazing how some people go out of their way to trash WM. The guy was the fastest RB in Bills history to reach 2,000 yards.

I cannot wait to see what this guy can do behind an o-line that will actually allow him to reach the line of scrimmage before first contact.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OJ is one of the worst human beings to play football, but as far as I know, he's the only man in NFL history to rush for over 2000 yards through 14 games. He's obviously the best pure runner the Bills have ever had.

I'm surprised at the disrespect for McGahee. He didn't get carries or blocking, and he often faced eight or nine men in the box. Yet he still finished with over 1000 yards.

599255[/snapback]

How has WM been "disrespected"?? The title of the thread is "Who's the greatest Bills RB of all time?". At this point in his career, WM doesn't even belong in this discussion, bad offensive line or not. :angry:

True, but Barry Sanders did also run for 2000 in a 14 game span, as he ran for 56 yards total in the first two games of 97 and busted out 2000 in the final 14 games.

599660[/snapback]

That's not the point. OJ gained 2,003 yards in a 14 game season and is the only player ever to do so. Had Sanders played 14 rather than 16 then he wouldn't have rushed for 2,000 now would he? You take his first 14 games, not his best 14. :(

How has WM been "disrespected"?? The title of the thread is "Who's the greatest Bills RB of all time?". At this point in his career, WM doesn't even belong in this discussion, bad offensive line or not.  :angry:

599911[/snapback]

Before you :( me, you might want to go back through some of the posts that have to do with McGahee:

Willis isnt even at Kenneth davis level yet

597187[/snapback]

Personally, I think he's hovering around the Ronnie Harmon/Greg TinkerBell level. He's got a chance to prove himself further, but his jury's out. Let's see if he stays in Buffalo for a few more years first before we try to think of him as belonging with the greats of the game.

597202[/snapback]

i can think of a few more that are ahead of Willis, namely Jim Braxton.  Others, Roland Hooks and Curtis Brown.

597252[/snapback]

I would say Willis isnt even ahead of Joe Cribbs at this point.

597257[/snapback]

Cribbs, Cookie was mentioned, Braxton without question, even Henry.  Willis has a way to go.  Does he even crack the top 10 at this point?

Thurman

Cookie

Juice

KD

Braxton

Cribbs

Hooks

Henry

Bell

Harmon

597266[/snapback]

I've seen them all. I am considering a bit of length of service here in naming the top ten.

OJ

Thurman

Cookie

Carlton

Cribbs

Burnett

Roland Hooks

KD

Braxton

Henry

597804[/snapback]

Hopefully I've made my point.

Even though Thurman was a far better blocker and receiver, if you put OJ Simpson in his prime as the RB in the K Gun during the Super Bowl years (as Thurman was in his prime), I think we win four in a row instead of lose four in a row.

597422[/snapback]

How amazing would that have been? Love TT, but come on, OJ by himself on the field would still give DCs fits.

That's not the point. OJ gained 2,003 yards in a 14 game season and is the only player ever to do so. Had Sanders played 14 rather than 16 then he wouldn't have rushed for 2,000 now would he? You take his first 14 games, not his best 14.  :doh:

599911[/snapback]

yeah, i got the point i was just bringing up the fact that only one other has broken 2000 yds. in a 14 game span in a season. I know that O.J. Still holds the record for most yds./game in a season as Dickerson Lewis and Sanders didn't quite get that number, as one would need to run for 2289 yds in a season to tie O.J.'s record.

Anyone remember #30 Wayne Patrick?

Not to say that there was any greatness about him -- just having a flashback moment here.

600924[/snapback]

So just what do the top three all have in common. Great offensive lines. Not good offensive lines, GREAT.

Hey, TD did you notice that?

Before you  :doh: me, you might want to go back through some of the posts that have to do with McGahee:

Hopefully I've made my point.

599934[/snapback]

The only point you've made is that you're probably too young to even know who many of the aforementioned RBs were. Most, if not all, of the previous posters' choices are valid. WM might one day be near the top of the list but for now he isn't, plain and simple. Try not to take others' opinions personally.

yeah, i got the point i was just bringing up the fact that only one other has broken 2000 yds. in a 14 game span in a season. I know that O.J. Still holds the record for most yds./game in a season as Dickerson Lewis and Sanders didn't quite get that number, as one would need to run for 2289 yds in a season to tie O.J.'s record.

600639[/snapback]

Wrong. Jim Brown holds the record.

Wrong. Jim Brown holds the record.

601172[/snapback]

Brown's best season was 1963, when he rushed for 1,863 yards. Simpson entered the final game of 1973 with 1,802 yards, and passed Brown's record on the first play of Buffalo's second drive.

Brown's best season was 1963, when he rushed for 1,863 yards. Simpson entered the final game of 1973 with 1,802 yards, and passed Brown's record on the first play of Buffalo's second drive.

601244[/snapback]

Thanx, Lori(Now I see why she is Ms. Information) to piggy-back on that Jim Brown also run 1863yds. in a 14 game season like that juice did. So, O.J. holds the record for most yds./gm. in a season

Jim Brown Pro-Football-Reference

I also did not find anything on NFL.com for such a statistical category as some members have suggested.

The only point you've made is that you're probably too young to even know who many of the aforementioned RBs were. Most, if not all, of the previous posters' choices are valid. WM might one day be near the top of the list but for now he isn't, plain and simple. Try not to take others' opinions personally.

601090[/snapback]

I didn't take the opinions personally, but I did notice two top-ten lists that included Travis Henry but not McGahee, including one list with several players ranked below Henry. Nothing against Henry, but McGahee is the better back.

I swear that Brown's 1863 was in a 12 game season. I usually have a photographic memory about things, and I have always said that when people complain about Dickerson's record being in 16 games that OJ's is in 14 and broke Brown's, which was in 12. I can't believe that I've been wrong all this time.

I swear that Brown's 1863 was in a 12 game season.  I usually have a photographic memory about things, and I have always said that when people complain about Dickerson's record being in 16 games that OJ's is in 14 and broke Brown's, which was in 12.  I can't believe that I've been wrong all this time.

601580[/snapback]

me too----its weird..I have been under this misconception for years.