RW sends notes during games

Dan III

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, the only time I have heard about is since they cleaned house. Seems " the inside sources" have a lot of gripes since they get canned. I hope TD has free national long distance cause it sounds like he is bad mouthing us to anybody that will listen.....

596757[/snapback]

Actually, it sounds more like someone reported it once, and lots of other outlets took the story and made it their own. Journalism in generally has been getting pretty shoddy lately, and this sort of thing is common now :doh:

If their contiunual interruptions make it so you can't do your job you call them out on it.  I don't care if they are named partners.  Grow a sack, unless of course you're the mail boy...then you pretty much do what everyone tells you to do.

596718[/snapback]

I took your advice. I told them to f**k themselves. I feel so much better.

By the way, Chef Jim, do you happen to have any openings in your restaurant? :doh:

If I owned the Buffalo Bills, I would have had plenty of questions for Mike Mularkey and Tom Donahoe. If you are not able to answer those questions, you should either "grow a sack" (to use your phrase) or get out of the kitchen.

Yeah, that was my thought too.  :doh:  I wonder if most were sent after those dump passes to Shelton?

For all we know, RW sent notes during the Levy years as well.  But I'm sure the media wouldn't have made out of it a negative back then.  More like, "wow RW's really got it on."

Winning changes all perspectives.

596746[/snapback]

You got it! If the team sucks Ralph has every right to send notes. But I bet he wasn't sending very many notes when they were winning. All the team has to do is start winning and the notes become irrelevant.

What, the owner isn't allowed to talk to the GM or coach?  During the game, it may be uneeded or even detrimental, but having to talk to the your boss for "hours" during the week isn't really that far fetched...  How many of you don't talk to your boss at least a few hours during a week?

CW

596705[/snapback]

It really depends on which hours are being taken up and what's happening during the conversation. Ralph is well within his right to get updates on the team. We have absolutely no idea why Wilson would call and pass notes. But, this is the continuation of GW's kvetch that Wilson would be disruptive with his calls during the week.

Since we're having a good time acknowledging Wilson's to be informed, we should try to put ourselves in the employee's spot. If I had a boss who did not have the technical knowledge of the work that I did, but insisted on wasting 3 hours each week for me to explain what I did this week and why, and it was the same friggin conversation, week in and week out, you bet that I would be on the first elevator out of that job.

Who knows, maybe Mularkey was explaining that Monday comes after Sunday, and one day before Tuesday...

Damn owner, trying to run a team he has put so much money into. Why can't he just sit back and let the fans run the team like the way it is supposed to be. He has no buisness hiring or making suggestions let alone talking to his employees.

So now Mularky quit cause Ralph passed notes during the games and would not stop calling to talk to him and Donahoe? Now I'm really glad he walked out of here.

Unless Ralph called him to have discussions to ask him if he watched last nights Lost or if he should wear a sweater outside today, whats the problem with an owner wanting to know how his team is running.

If I was Ralph I would be sending notes down to Mularky during games all the time with the way his team was playing.

It really depends on which hours are being taken up and what's happening during the conversation.  Ralph is well within his right to get updates on the team.  We have absolutely no idea why Wilson would call and pass notes.  But, this is the continuation of GW's kvetch that Wilson would be disruptive with his calls during the week.

Since we're having a good time acknowledging Wilson's to be informed, we should try to put ourselves in the employee's spot.  If I had a boss who did not have the technical knowledge of the work that I did, but insisted on wasting 3 hours each week for me to explain what I did this week and why, and it was the same friggin conversation, week in and week out, you bet that I would be on the first elevator out of that job.

Who knows, maybe Mularkey was explaining that Monday comes after Sunday, and one day before Tuesday...

596798[/snapback]

i second this. the term "micromanager" comes to mind. the word describes a very real type of person and no, it's not positive.

If I had a boss who did not have the technical knowledge of the work that I did, but insisted on wasting 3 hours each week for me to explain what I did this week and why, and it was the same friggin conversation, week in and week out, you bet that I would be on the first elevator out of that job.

596798[/snapback]

So, if you were being paid 1 million dollars a year, you would still hold that belief? :lol::doh:

I did not think so. Bottom line, regardless if RW 'meddles' or not....it is HIS team. This ain't a public sector job, this is called private industry.

Let me announce if RW wants to pay me 1 million dollars a year to work for him he can call my !@#$in office every and I mean EVERY MINUTE of the day to ask me about a decision I just made. I have no problem whatsoever with that.

So, if you were being paid 1 million dollars a year, you would still hold that belief? :lol:  :doh:

I did not think so.  Bottom line, regardless if RW 'meddles' or not....it is HIS team.  This ain't a public sector job, this is called private industry.

Let me announce if RW wants to pay me 1 million dollars a year to work for him he can call my !@#$in office every and I mean EVERY MINUTE of the day to ask me about a decision I just made.  I have no problem whatsoever with that.

596847[/snapback]

And like your predecessors, you'll be unsuccessful, vilified, and bitter when you leave.

It's amazing how much you people think you can put up with because there's money involved. Too many of you sound like you'd be comfy with a porcupine living in your rectum as long as there a big cash payment when you finally take a dump.

Ahhhhhhh, who am I kidding? These are the same people that made shows like Fear Factor and Survivor hits.

And like your predecessors, you'll be unsuccessful, vilified, and bitter when you leave.

It's amazing how much you people think you can put up with because there's money involved.  Too many of you sound like you'd be comfy with a porcupine living in your rectum as long as there a big cash payment when you finally take a dump.

Ahhhhhhh, who am I kidding?  These are the same people that made shows like Fear Factor and Survivor hits.

596853[/snapback]

Let's play "what if." What if RW had sent notes to Marv from 1989-93 and TSW was in existence then. Would folks have bitched about it, or said it was a non-event, or even cool?

Let's play "what if."    What if RW had sent notes to Marv from 1989-93 and TSW was in existence then.  Would folks have bitched about it, or said it was a non-event, or even cool?

596867[/snapback]

Back then Ralph probably had enough motor function to have an assistant write down his concerns and address them later in the week. Now said assistant is too busy changing old boy's sack.

Really, the only time I have heard about is since they cleaned house. Seems " the inside sources" have a lot of gripes since they get canned. I hope TD has free national long distance cause it sounds like he is bad mouthing us to anybody that will listen.....

596757[/snapback]

Ironically, my source tells me that the reason that Mularkey took the playcalling away from Clements, was that TD was meddling too much, on game days, and tempers in the coaches box were getting bad. Mularkey took the responsibility on his own shoulders, because he was tired of the arguing between TD and TC!

Back then Ralph probably had enough motor function to have an assistant write down his concerns and address them later in the week.  Now said assistant is too busy changing old boy's sack.

596868[/snapback]

Well thought out answer. Thanks. :doh:

Ralph has every right to send notes, yell on a megsphone or try to invoke mental telepathy if he so chooses and require his employees to hold their temples to try to receive his advice if he wants to.

Its his money, he owns the team and if Marv or whomever decides not to receive big bucks from him for doing their job the way he wants they have every right to go work somewhere else.

However, just because Ralph has the right does not make it right.

Id as an owner he is interested in putting up Ws and going deep in the playoffs then the key for him is to be seen and not heard generally.

There appears to be too many cooks on this team and it strikes me as a likely major problem simply from his "pledge" to be a more active owner. If he truly is involved and shows the same football acumen which:

1. Totally miscalculated the assessment of how long Jimbo had left as a player leading to him to make a handshake aggreement to reward Kelly in his "next" FA contract, only to find there was no contract as a Jax hit and concussion made it clear (or foggy) that it was time to retire.

Ralph oversaw a situation where Butler waited at least a year too long to draft a replacement for JK, leading to him over-reaching to get TC and then rushing a long TC who needed more training on his happy feet (if it ever could have been trained out of him) before he was thrust into a starting role.

The buck stops with Ralph for all Bills things but the handshake agreement was an overt act by him which indicates that he more has rose colored fan glasses than football acumen in decision making.

2. He also created a dumb overt act in him coming out publicly to state how impressed he was by RJ beating up an Indy team that had already mailed it in once Bennett got hurt early in the game and it was clear to them that they could not improve their playoff position given results on the scoreboard and the Bennet t injury.

He certainly fed the fire if not made the decision to bench Flutie (who was also out of gas so it was unlikely he would win, but with a week off and the last second Flutie magic who knows) and went with RJ so that he would get something out of RJ who because Butler jumped the gun in resigning him RWS was paying him millions to sit.

3. Ckearkt RWS misread the whole Butler rehire situation, in a fit of spite fired and tried to collect from Wade (he lost before the NFL arbter) and it was these evnts which began the whole TD reign or error.

I think there are already too many folks in charge for this to work out so I hope as a Bills fan that RWS does not insert himseld into the on field stiuff. he has every right to do so if he chooses, but if he does so it is not the right thing to do if he wants Ws.

I just thank gosh we do not have former GM Sherman here as HC acting to reverse his ex-GM demons with no real power or Bates here for a drive-by visit as DC when his heart really yearns to be an HC.

Hiring an inexperienced GM in Marv may not work out at all, but the chances of this working strike me as so much higher than if we had added another two cooks to the recipe,

If all Ralph does is send notes I will be happy because note can be ignored.

So, if you were being paid 1 million dollars a year, you would still hold that belief? :lol:  :doh:

I did not think so.  Bottom line, regardless if RW 'meddles' or not....it is HIS team.  This ain't a public sector job, this is called private industry.

Let me announce if RW wants to pay me 1 million dollars a year to work for him he can call my !@#$in office every and I mean EVERY MINUTE of the day to ask me about a decision I just made.  I have no problem whatsoever with that.

596847[/snapback]

I'm guessing that the people who throw out this $1 million/yr reference have never had a job that paid $1 million.

Frankly, among the few people that I know, who earn in that range, they would be out the door much quicker than me. What you're ignoring is if that person has the skill that commands a $1 million salary, there are other mployers who will gladly pay him that salary, with a much better work environment thrown in.

I took your advice.  I told them to f**k themselves.  I feel so much better.

By the way, Chef Jim, do you happen to have any openings in your restaurant? :doh:

If I owned the Buffalo Bills, I would have had plenty of questions for Mike Mularkey and Tom Donahoe.  If you are not able to answer those questions, you should either "grow a sack" (to use your phrase) or get out of the kitchen.

596781[/snapback]

Actually I'm a retired chef doing financial planning. And oh by the way I'm a Partner with my firm and if any of my reps told me that if I left them alone they would be able to make more money (for me and them) I'd agree and monitor the progress to see if they improved. It's all how you say it. Telling them to f*ck off may have not been the best way....but that's just me. :lol: