Sabres/Sens

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great game. The Sabes, as if they hadn't already, really should have convinced folks they are for real. The Sens didnt have many good chances. Miller is a stud and comes up big. Vanek waits until this time to use his move with the fake, which was awesome. They really took it to them. If someone watched that game knowing nothing about either team, I would have to think they'd come away saying the Sabres were equivalent. The passing on this team is probably better than it has been since the French Connection. This is not a fluke team.

That was a great game. The Sabes, as if they hadn't already, really should have convinced folks they are for real. The Sens didnt have many good chances. Miller is a stud and comes up big. Vanek waits until this time to use his move with the fake, which was awesome. They really took it to them. If someone watched that game knowing nothing about either team, I would have to think they'd come away saying the Sabres were equivalent. The passing on this team is probably better than it has been since the French Connection. This is not a fluke team.

594636[/snapback]

This was a game where they really missed Connelly, but they still came through.

I thought the Roy-Dumont-Pommenville line held their own, and Pyatt played well which was good to see. I'm nit-picking, but Rory Fitzpatrick makes me very nervous.

This was a game where they really missed Connelly, but they still came through.

I thought the Roy-Dumont-Pommenville line held their own, and Pyatt played well which was good to see. I'm nit-picking, but Rory Fitzpatrick makes me very nervous.

594638[/snapback]

Roy is an amazing player. He probably wont ever be a star or score much but he is remarkable to watch. I wonder who exactly Esche was talking about. Pomminville, too. He's just good.

Roy is an amazing player. He probably wont ever be a star or score much but he is remarkable to watch. I wonder who exactly Esche was talking about. Pomminville, too. He's just good.

594643[/snapback]

Pominville actually cleared waivers this year his stock was so low, any team could have picked him up. He has turned out to be a gem. I just love to see the hustle from the young guys that take nothing for granted. Damn it feels good to have a winner in town.

Pominville is rapidly turning into my favorite player. Lindy has him out there in just about every key situation which is really telling.

Another stroke of genius was moving Vanek to the Drury line. Nothing like having CD whispering in your ear when you're floating.

Now if Max would quit driving me crazy.

Pominville actually cleared waivers this year his stock was so low, any team could have picked him up. He has turned out to be a gem.  I just love to see the hustle from the young guys that take nothing for granted. Damn it feels good to have a winner in town.

594645[/snapback]

The passing is what amazes me the most. I am so glad they got rid of all those players that could not put the puck on the stick of their teammate. And now guys that couldnt do it before are suddenly getting the puck out of their end, through center ice, and controlling it. It was amazing to watch for like six years most every other team able to control the puck and move it in a series of passes and we never did. Now, amazingly, as if by magic, the Sabres are full of guys who know how to skate and pass and stick-handle and fight and dig and control the action. It's rather remarkable.

Pominville is rapidly turning into my favorite player.  Lindy has him out there in just about every key situation which is really telling.

Another stroke of genius was moving Vanek to the Drury line.  Nothing like having CD whispering in your ear when you're floating.

Now if Max would quit driving me crazy.

594649[/snapback]

Max is great to watch, too. I am not sure he will ever be what we think he can be, but he is awesome nonetheless. It will take him eight more years to know what to do and by then he won't have his amazing skills, but i have never seen anything like it. At least he works his ass off. Sometimes guys with skills just wait for the moment. Max really hustles.

great game....I am so fuggin pumped for this team.....Peters beat that guy like a rented mule and we skated with the best team in hockey (in my opinion).....the Senators were scared to go head to head with us...that was obvious from the drop of the puck based on how many chances they took.....look out Eastern conference.....Sabres on the warpath...oh..ah...Sabres on the warpath..oh...ah!!!!!!!

Peters beat that guy like a rented mule

594659[/snapback]

He landed one punch. That's it. If people keep praising the guy for this, he's going to end up playing more. That's the last thing we want to see.

He landed one punch.  That's it.  If people keep praising the guy for this, he's going to end up playing more.  That's the last thing we want to see.

594665[/snapback]

yeah.....that one punch was like hitting a 500 ft homerun off their number one starter...it set the tone...enough said!!!!

He landed one punch.  That's it.  If people keep praising the guy for this, he's going to end up playing more.  That's the last thing we want to see.

594665[/snapback]

He's just on the roster to keep things polite. He is certainly no Larry Playfair. Don't worry, Lindy knows exactly what he has, he's not going to get a regular shift unless plague, pestilence, and insanity take over the team.

Damn it feels good to have a winner in town.

594645[/snapback]

helped ease the sting of Thurmans' snub

Seemed like the Refs didnt get involved to much and let them play the game.

He's just on the roster to keep things polite. He is certainly no Larry Playfair. Don't worry, Lindy knows exactly what he has, he's not going to get a regular shift unless plague, pestilence, and insanity take over the team.

594668[/snapback]

He's also not going to be on this team anymore if we ever have a completely healthy roster.

Buying Center Ice tomorrow - I've held out long enough.

594683[/snapback]

Reading threads like this were killing me. So, I finally bought the center ice package last week, right before we crushed the leafs...

Half season NHL Center Ice = $109

Watching the Sabres skate circles around the leafs, flyers and sens = priceless

Golden opportunity to regain the lead and Max completely misses a wide open net.  Figures.

594547[/snapback]

Afenigenov has to be one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Sabres uniform. You know he has tons of natural ability, but he can just never seem to put it all together. I used to think it was a case of being on a team where none of his teammates could keep up with him, but now I am starting to wonder....

Pyatt had a nice game tonight....

Very classy move. I'm betting broken nose, he must of felt the crunch, caught him perfect.

594624[/snapback]

Not sure about that. McGrattan turtled up and shook his head just as Peters was winding up for another shot; Peters noticed it and pointed at McGrattan to tell the refs he was hurt.

I'm betting orbital myself. The announcers said they saw him in the dressing room and he had a golf ball under his eye. Plus, you don't quit a fight over a busted nose. An orbital, that's a different story.

Great great win. Huge confidence builder for Miller, Vanek and the entire team.