Thurman Thomas HoF decision thread

SDS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local radio reporting the PC might be late, as there is some heated debate going on over a couple of players and the voting this morning. They didn't know how long it would be delayed but as of noon, debate, discussions and voting still happening.

Local radio reporting the PC might be late, as there is some heated debate going on over a couple of players and the voting this morning.  They didn't know how long it would be delayed but as of noon, debate, discussions and voting still happening.

594194[/snapback]

I would've thought they'd have everything wrapped up by now. Why vote on the same day as the announcement, are they that worried about leaks?

Oh yeah, GO THURMAL!!! :blink:

I would've thought they'd have everything wrapped up by now. Why vote on the same day as the announcement, are they that worried about leaks?

Oh yeah, GO THURMAL!!! :blink:

594218[/snapback]

I don't know. I thought the voting was done myself. But, if the sports radio guys reporting is accurrate then no it's was not done as of noon.

It's also on WGR

According to what I have heard on the radio, the general consensus among those in Detroit this AM seems to be that Troy Aikman, Reggie White, John Madden & Rayfield Wright are in. The debate is over Art Monk or Michael Irvin and then there would be one spot left which would go to Thurman or they would just induct five this year. Mark Gaughan from the Buffalo News who votes and presented Thurman Thomas to the committee said that Thurman is a guaranteed lock for the HOF but he is not sure if it will be this year or next year.

If it's not this year, then the HOF voting is just as much of a sham as the Baseball HOF voting.

It's also on WGR

According to what I have heard on the radio, the general consensus among those in Detroit this AM seems to be that Troy Aikman, Reggie White, John Madden & Rayfield Wright are in. The debate is over Art Monk or Michael Irvin and then there would be one spot left which would go to Thurman or they would just induct five this year. Mark Gaughan from the Buffalo News who votes and presented Thurman Thomas to the committee said that Thurman is a guaranteed lock for the HOF but he is not sure if it will be this year or next year.

If it's not this year, then the HOF voting is just as much of a sham as the Baseball HOF voting.

594223[/snapback]

Down here they are reporting White, Aikman, Moon and Thurman are locks. With Carson and Monk again not getting in. Nothing being said about Irvin or Derrick Thomas. They felt Madden might be the hold up, and is on the bubble for getting in.

It's also on WGR

594223[/snapback]

If that's honestly the case, I'd take Monk this year...Irvin will make it, eventually.

If that's the group, TT HAS to make it this year, IMO. He belongs as a first timer.

Down here they are reporting White, Aikman, Moon and Thurman are locks.  With Carson and Monk again not getting in.  Nothing being said about Irvin or Derrick Thomas.  They felt Madden might be the hold up, and is on the bubble for getting in.

594230[/snapback]

What about Kuech? :blink:

What about Kuech? :blink:

594238[/snapback]

Nothing. But to be honest they were being snobs and saying that the mandatory selection of players to the football HOF degrades them. That baseball is the only pure HOF as thet do not require anyone to make it each year. Therefore they truely only put great players in while football has too many "just good" guys selected because they had to vote someone in.