Are positive Bills fans a thing of the past?

major

I remember in 1991, the day after Super Bowl 25, people were cheering for Scott Norwood at the downtown rally after he missed the biggest kick in Bills history. I remember thinking that day that "BILLS" fans were the most positive fans around. I'm sure the night before, most fans wanted to kill Norwood; however, the scene that next day was something I'll remember forever. It was a "BILLS" moment I'll never forget. It showed me how cool we really are.

What has happened to that positive attitude amongst Bills fans? Is it still around or has everyone become too negative?

I remember in 1991, the day after Super Bowl 25, people were cheering for Scott Norwood at the downtown rally after he missed the biggest kick in Bills history. I remember thinking that day that "BILLS" fans were the most positive fans around. I'm sure the night before, most fans wanted to kill Norwood; however, the scene that next day was something I'll remember forever. It was a "BILLS" moment I'll never forget. It showed me how cool we really are.

What has happened to that positive attitude amongst Bills fans? Is it still around or has everyone become too negative?

591892[/snapback]

10 years is a long time to wait for a playoff victory... It's been 6 since we've been in. To me we are great fans, but just frustrated. That's all. I remember the pep rally downtown and thinking to myself, why is everyone cheering this guy on, he just lost the biggest game in the Bills history. And Scotty crying. It was a sad day and we may never be that close again.

Positive Bills fans will always be around. Just wait, as the seaseon gets closer, us fans will get more and more positive.

Of course, us Bills fans would probably all live longer, healthier lives if we were more realists.

Oh well, all the way to the Super Bowl next year!

It seems that some bills fans want players to fail . they can never find good words to say about anyone . At one of the games this year a bills fan would scream sh-- at JP every time he would walk down the bench talking to players . JP was not even playing . the fan ended up in a fight with other bills fans . I just do not understand how anyone can call themselves a fan when all they do is bash the bills every time they speak .go find some other team to be a fan of .

You can be a positive fan and still be angry. Christ, I would say that if you weren't mad during last season you aren't that big of a fan to begin with. Should we be flipping and burning cars in the lots when the game doesn't go the Bills' way (well, I'd say yes, but that's just me), probably not.

But, if the product blows, and you're paying to see the product, you should be able to say "This product blows!"...and then run the sons-of-b!tches responsible out of town on a rail!

591892[/snapback]

I'm positive we're going to suck next year! :D

Nah, just kidding. I'm about as positive as they come. Every year I think it's going to be the year. Just wait until after the draft, and free agency, and the minicamps...Once training camp and the preseason start, you'll be seeing so many 12-4 predictions getting thrown around that you'll wonder where all these people get their acid from.

Seriously, Bills' fans true colors always shine through. Everyone wants to be positive, if the team would just give us something to get excited about. Look at Bledsoe's first year, they went 8-8 after a 3-13 season. The excitement was there. Then in '03 they trounce N.E. in the opener. Cover of Sports Illustrated. You would have been hard-pressed to find someone who was not positive after the first two games of that year. Same thing last year with the whole "I Billieve" push. It's tough to keep getting so excited and then have to go down with the ship. As loyal fans, we are supposed to go down with the ship. But we don't have to like it- and that's when the negative comments creep in.

I think for the most part fans are still positive, or at least loyal. But hey, someone has been farting in church and someone needs to be blamed. We can all laugh about it because church-farts are pretty doggone funny, but in the end, someone needs to be blamed. I'm glad we could share this moment.

To me its ok to be negative. Sometimes being negative or booing players shows that the fans care so much about the teams success. What is not ok is turning violent and affecting people's lives with their behavior.

Its embarassing to see how some of these Bills fans act at the games. What are these clowns thinking, yelling and cursing every second...starting fights etc....granted, there are out of town fans who accelerate incidents as well...but sometimes I just feel like going to Bills games JUST to tailgate and spend time with people on this site, forget actually going to the game, and going somewhere else and watching the game on TV.

Ive never felt that way until the last couple of years.

To me its ok to be negative. Sometimes being negative or booing players shows that the fans care so much about the teams success. What is not ok is turning violent and affecting people's lives with their behavior.

Its embarassing to see how some of these Bills fans act at the games.  What are these clowns thinking, yelling and cursing every second...starting fights etc....granted, there are out of town fans who accelerate incidents as well...but sometimes I just feel like going to Bills games JUST to tailgate and spend time with people on this site, forget actually going to the game, and going somewhere else and watching the game on TV. 

Ive never felt that way until the last couple of years.

591967[/snapback]

half the fun is watching the clowns that show up to the game and seeing how big of an ass they can be .

Times have changed. I used to subscribe to Shout Magazine, and it would tell me how great everything was. Now, there is WAY more information, and this board allows us to get the opinions of some that I consider to be actual experts.

I was at the Dolphin game this season. After the game, fans were shouting with glee, although I think that most of us secretly knew that the team wasn't going anywhere.

I wouldn't worry too much about Bills Fans being negative. Fans of other teams would have changed colors by now.

Jmo.

then why the lindros avatar?? :)

591929[/snapback]

I was expecting that. Although from Clements 22! :D

My point was more along the lines of not going to a parade for the losers.

Of course I support the team but I'll be damned if you ever see me outside cheering in a parade for a guy that missed a game winning superbowl or something similar.

I wholehearatedly support this statement from Angry Mob though,

"But, if the product blows, and you're paying to see the product, you should be able to say "This product blows!"...