Which reason do you think JP will attribute his

Tipster19

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see now when his career comes to an end in Buffalo. Right, wrong or indifferent I just don't see JP being able to be patient and experienced enough to overcome the turbulence that has endured in the couple of years that he has been there. So which reason do you think will undermine him and his career in Buffalo the most?

a) The coaching/administration changes.

b) The pathetic O-Line.

c) The divided team atmosphere.

d) The indecision of making a committment to him.

e) His teammates' abilities and efforts.

f) His ability to play in the NFL this early in his career.

Bottom line, I don't see this guy having the intangibles to overcome this kind of start to his career. If you're relying on him to be THE MAN in the near future, or at all, then you better be prepared for some heartache.

591661[/snapback]

If his Bills career ends before he finds success here, it will be in no small part due to idiot fans and the knee-jerk reactions they tend to provoke.

And yes, you should be reading something into that.

If I have ANYTHING with the rise or fall of Losman or any other professional athlete, then I want to be paid accordingly. I'd much rather be compensated handsomely then to trade barbs with the "elite" posters on this message board. I'll respect the opinions on this board but I just don't believe in chastising people for having them.

If I have ANYTHING with the rise or fall of Losman or any other professional athlete, then I want to be paid accordingly. I'd much rather be compensated handsomely then to trade barbs with the "elite" posters on this message board. I'll respect the opinions on this board but I just don't believe in chastising people for having them.

591767[/snapback]

How many times do we have to hear, then, that this kid isn't going to make it?

He's either going to prove it on the field or he isn't. Period. Let's at least give him that chance. Hell, let's give him at least one whole season. The people forecasting his doom, the people advocating trading for Damon freaking Huard for crying out loud, all of this stuff is preposterous.

If my reaction was harsh, it's just that it's getting tough to even bother to read this stuff anymore.

I appreciate your stance on redundant posts but I promise you that this was not my intention. I go in and out on following this board. I have been active for just the last couple of weeks because of all the current controversies. The more developements I see the more ramifications I realize. The point is with no ill will intended for Losman is with all that he has endured in such a short, young career is that the odds are starting to stack up heavily against him. With all the disappointments that this organization and fanbase has been thru in the last few years this aspect should be considered. This, in my opinion, is not a longshot scenario. If people are tired and bored with this subject matter, then this post will just fade away. If there is interest in this subject, then I would like to hear if it's a pro or con opinion. I meant no offense to anybody. Thanks.

I can see now when his career comes to an end in Buffalo. Right, wrong or indifferent I just don't see JP being able to be patient and experienced enough to overcome the turbulence that has endured in the couple of years that he has been there. So which reason do you think will undermine him and his career in Buffalo the most?

a) The coaching/administration changes.

b) The pathetic O-Line.

c) The divided team atmosphere.

d) The indecision of making a committment to him.

e) His teammates' abilities and efforts.

f) His ability to play in the NFL this early in his career.

Bottom line, I don't see this guy having the intangibles to overcome this kind of start to his career. If you're relying on him to be THE MAN in the near future, or at all, then you better be prepared for some heartache.

591661[/snapback]

WHY do YOU want him to FAIL ????? that goes for all of you JP bashers a little positive thought could help .I

I want him to be the best and help the bills win it all . hartache , so payton manning is no good . you people are sick . why be a bills fan ???? :doh:

I'd much rather be compensated handsomely then to trade barbs with the "elite" posters on this message board. I'll respect the opinions on this board but I just don't believe in chastising people for having them.

591767[/snapback]

I'm sorry but when you post, "Which reason do you think JP will attribute his, failure for not succeeding in Buffalo?", you are begging to be ridiculed and barbed.

Your post implies that JP will blame someone other than himself for his inevitable downfall. This is outrageous 2 reasons:

1. JP has never blamed anyone except himself for any of his short comings.

2. Your statement implies/assumes that no matter what JPs failure is written in stone.

Now get off your high horse and deal with criticism of your post by making valid and compelling arguments. Just don't expect people not to call you on a post title like yours.

BTW I understand your logic when you mention that if people are sick of a topic they would simply stop reading, replying and ganging up against those who insist on crusading. However we live in the real world and some people just can't let go of a crusade, regardless of which side they are on, especially in the off season.

No he is going to be a 3rd year player.

591739[/snapback]

YES TECHNICALLY HE WILL BE A 3RD YEAR PLAYER................but he had a broken leg his 1st year and in his 2nd season he split his starts with kelly holcomb,so basically he is still a kid thats what i meant by rookie.not his years on the team more his actual football exp

YES TECHNICALLY HE WILL BE A 3RD YEAR PLAYER................but he had a broken leg his 1st year and in his 2nd season he split his starts with kelly holcomb,so basically he is still a kid thats what i meant by rookie.not his years on the team more his actual football exp

591817[/snapback]

Like Frank Reich. He was a good rookie for a lot of years here.

It's true that JP hasn't been a crybaby so far but it is still very early in his career. If he doesn't succeed in Buffalo then there will be a reason for it, not blame. I did offer a multiple choice. Choice f was making him accountable. There is alot going AGAINST him so far, if you, me or anybody else likes it or not. Can you or anybody else remember any young QB going thru so much in such a young, short career and rebounding successfully for their original team? I'm curious, ANYBODY? I'm not rooting against him, I'm a BIG Bills' fan, I just don't choose to look thru rose colored glasses.

When I post I'm looking for opinions, either for or against, that's all. The personal attacks are boorish. If that makes me on a high horse then giddy-up!

I appreciate your stance on redundant posts but I promise you that this was not my intention. I go in and out on following this board. I have been active for just the last couple of weeks because of all the current controversies. The more developements I see the more ramifications I realize. The point is with no ill will intended for Losman is with all that he has endured in such a short, young career is that the odds are starting to stack up heavily against him. With all the disappointments that this organization and fanbase has been thru in the last few years this aspect should be considered. This, in my opinion, is not a longshot scenario. If people are tired and bored with this subject matter, then this post will just fade away. If there is interest in this subject, then I would like to hear if it's a pro or con opinion. I meant no offense to anybody. Thanks.

591782[/snapback]

That's reasonable. I think you'll be surprised, but you're entitled to your opinion. Just hoping you don't go all "Holcomb's Arm" on us.

Can you or anybody else remember any young QB going thru so much in such a young, short career and rebounding successfully for their original team? I'm curious, ANYBODY? I'm not rooting against him, I'm a BIG Bills' fan, I just don't choose to look thru rose colored glasses.

When I post I'm looking for opinions, either for or against, that's all. The personal attacks are boorish. If that makes me on a high horse then giddy-up!

591826[/snapback]

I did a quick search of the QB ratings of 12 current QBs in the first year that they played in at least 4 games:

JP 64.9

Eli 55.4

Bledsoe 65

McNabb 60.1

Holcomb 44.3

Brad Johnson 68.5

Brees 76.9

Leftowich 73

Plummer 73.1

Hasselbeck 70.9

Peyton 71.2

Palmer 77.3

This tells me that not all QBs start out like Marino or Roethlisberger. They all had growing pains that only went away with real game experience.

Does this mean that I think JP is going to be good much less great? HELL NO! I would never claim that, just like I would never claim he is definitely going to be a bust. I will hold back from he must go until I do see him get to play more than 8 games however, especially since he did improve so much over the last 4 games compared to the first 4.

Whatever its more interesting than the daily let's assign JP to NFL europe thread.

591691[/snapback]

When did anyone post that we should sign him to NFL Europe?

I think it might be a way to get him a little more game time and experience before going into next season.

A little OT but - What are the requirements for going to NFL Europe?

this whole topic is tired. he's started 8 games for a pathetic coach behind a more pathetic o-line. the super bowl hasn't even been played yet for christ sakes. when do pitchers and catchers report?

591673[/snapback]

Agreed. Too much time on people's hands, apparently.