Which reason do you think JP will attribute his

Tipster19

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's reasonable.  I think you'll be surprised, but you're entitled to your opinion.  Just hoping you don't go all "Holcomb's Arm" on us.

591834[/snapback]

I heard that! :D

For the Bills, the best possible JP failure scenario involves a bright young star like Jay Cutler emerging to take his place.

Guest BackInDaDay
So which reason do you think will undermine him and his career in Buffalo the most?

591661[/snapback]

The impatience of an old man trying to sell Bills football to a young and ignorant fan base who understand less about team sports, and football in particular, than the owner.

BTW, Arm, I'm beggin' ya!

Can you please stop with the Cutler posts, you've seen him less than Losman for Crissakes! :huh: Stay with Kelly, that's a valid argument, but enough about this kid that never even got his team to a bowl game. Start a Draft QB Ryan Hart (Rutgers) campaign - just for a change of pace - pleeeeeeease????.

I can see now when his career comes to an end in Buffalo. Right, wrong or indifferent I just don't see JP being able to be patient and experienced enough to overcome the turbulence that has endured in the couple of years that he has been there. So which reason do you think will undermine him and his career in Buffalo the most?

591661[/snapback]

I am curious...what attribute of JP has made you think that he is not patient ?

I don't think JP has opened his mouth yet during the entire season and beyond

regarding anything that happened during the season....

I can see now when his career comes to an end in Buffalo. Right, wrong or indifferent I just don't see JP being able to be patient and experienced enough to overcome the turbulence that has endured in the couple of years that he has been there. So which reason do you think will undermine him and his career in Buffalo the most?

a) The coaching/administration changes.

b) The pathetic O-Line.

c) The divided team atmosphere.

d) The indecision of making a committment to him.

e) His teammates' abilities and efforts.

f) His ability to play in the NFL this early in his career.

Bottom line, I don't see this guy having the intangibles to overcome this kind of start to his career. If you're relying on him to be THE MAN in the near future, or at all, then you better be prepared for some heartache.

591661[/snapback]

g) The undercurrent of doubt in his abilities to succeed in the NFL and the presupposition that he will fail, started by fans and picked up by the press, after only 8 starts.

After half a season of starts (and not even consecutive starts) bored and self-loathing fans are ready to declare him a bust. Soon the media will soon start referring to him as "underachieving" and before you know it he'll be compared to Ryan leaf. By the time the 2006 season starts people will be ready to run him out of town for failing to get the Bills to the playoffs in each of his first 2 seasons. You can see it happening unless someone steps in and gives him a vote of confidence rather than bashing him.

a) The coaching/administration changes.

b) The pathetic O-Line.

c) The divided team atmosphere.

d) The indecision of making a committment to him.

e) His teammates' abilities and efforts.

f) His ability to play in the NFL this early in his career.

Bottom line, I don't see this guy having the intangibles to overcome this kind of start to his career. If you're relying on him to be THE MAN in the near future, or at all, then you better be prepared for some heartache.

591661[/snapback]

Bottom line, Chicken Little, you need to learn how to be patient.

WHY do YOU want him to FAIL ????? that goes for all of you JP bashers a little positive thought could help .I

I want him to be the best and help the bills win it all . hartache , so payton manning is no good . you people are sick . why be a bills fan ???? :)

591797[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember all of the support that you gave to Bledsoe. :huh:

Look, there are only a handful of posters who have any idea of whether or not JP will be a successful qb in this league as far as I am concerned (btw, I do NOT count myself as one), and even they are guessing, except to a lesser degree.

If JP can play, the Bills will be able to focus on the problems that have been killing this team for more than a decade. If not, the qb chase will probably continue, but to no avail, because we will be sure to watch yet another qb lying on the turf bleeding and battered ala RJ.

Now.....right now in this offseason is the time to change the direction of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I remember all of the support that you gave to Bledsoe.  :huh:

Look, there are only a handful of posters who have any idea of whether or not JP will be a successful qb in this league as far as I am concerned (btw, I do NOT count myself as one), and even they are guessing, except to a lesser degree.

If JP can play, the Bills will be able to focus on the problems that have been killing this team for more than a decade. If not, the qb chase will probably continue, but to no avail, because we will be sure to watch yet another qb lying on the turf bleeding and battered ala RJ.

Now.....right now in this offseason is the time to change the direction of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

592508[/snapback]

So, are you saying we should draft Cutler?...or a small receiver?

:)

I heard that! :huh:

For the Bills, the best possible JP failure scenario involves a bright young star like Jay Cutler emerging to take his place.

592056[/snapback]

What a refreshing idea. I can't believe no one has brought this up already!

YES TECHNICALLY HE WILL BE A 3RD YEAR PLAYER................but he had a broken leg his 1st year and in his 2nd season he split his starts with kelly holcomb,so basically he is still a kid thats what i meant by rookie.not his years on the team more his actual football exp

591817[/snapback]

Wow, good thing you cleared that up. At this rate he will be a second year player in a about 3 seasons. :huh:

591661[/snapback]

Hey. :huh: I invited JP to check out our site. I don't want him seeing stuff like this.

Hey.  :huh:  I invited JP to check out our site. I don't want him seeing stuff like this.

592817[/snapback]

He gets it from his own players, trust me, he better be able to handle it or he had better start showing some ability on the field. His attitude came across to many fans as being a quitter and a locker room cancer. He started early in the year yelling at receivers for his perceived "bad route" running, yet he was the one benched. Then when he was healthy the whole story never really came out, but it sure sounded like he wasn't pushing (hence the quitter attitude perception) to get back on the field.

Hey.  :huh:  I invited JP to check out our site. I don't want him seeing stuff like this.

592817[/snapback]

So are you fixing him up with cablegirl...or, are you keeping him for yourself?

He gets it from his own players, trust me, he better be able to handle it or he had better start showing some ability on the field.  His attitude came across to many fans as being a quitter and a locker room cancer.  He started early in the year yelling at receivers for his perceived "bad route" running, yet he was the one benched.  Then when he was healthy the whole story never really came out, but it sure sounded like he wasn't pushing (hence the quitter attitude perception) to get back on the field.

592824[/snapback]

....and I'm going to tell him I don't know you. :huh: