A QB we should consider

This is deal that could help us, I would consider this! But then again, it's not up to me now is it.

The Falcons are willing to part with backup QB Matt Schaub for a second-round pick. If the Bengals choose not to re-sign free agent Jon Kitna, Schaub could emerge as a candidate to bridge the gap until Carson Palmer's return from a left knee injury.

-- Dayton Daily News

Forget the Bengals, we should think about this.

This is deal that could help us, I would consider this!  But then again, it's not up to me now is it.

The Falcons are willing to part with backup QB Matt Schaub for a second-round pick. If the Bengals choose not to re-sign free agent Jon Kitna, Schaub could emerge as a candidate to bridge the gap until Carson Palmer's return from a left knee injury.

-- Dayton Daily News

588110[/snapback]

Why?

We could have had him in the 2nd if we wanted to. We went with J.P. in the 1st. I don't think Schaub has looked amazing and we still don't know what we have in J.P.

This is deal that could help us, I would consider this!  But then again, it's not up to me now is it.

-- Dayton Daily News

588110[/snapback]

See Feely, A.J.

-- Dayton Daily News

588110[/snapback]

This deal deosn't make sense at this point. As others have mentioned, the need for Lineman at this point is our top priority.

Hey, here's a great idea!  How about we put together some semblance of an offensive line and then let JP Losman play more than 3 games in a row?

Wouldn't that be swell!!

588194[/snapback]

that right there is crazy talk :angry:

i've got another QB we should consider

His name is JP Losman, he struggled a bit in his first year as a starter btu I think he might be a good pick up if we could get him. I hear his last team had a horrible offensive line and coaches that were more interested in trying to squeak into the playoffs with a journeyman backup to save their jobs then developing a young QB that they wanted to do in the offseason.

Maybe if we fix up our offensive lines and now that we have better coaching he might be able to thrive here if we can get him.

<Sarcasim mode off>

Seriously though, If the bills can get Shaub cheap, bring him in to compete for a spot during training camp. Hell, bring in anybody willing to sign and let them compete, The job should go to whomever is the best QB we have.

-- Dayton Daily News

588110[/snapback]

Shaub is the QB the Bills braintrust should have drafted.

However, altough Cinci has offered a 2nd, the Falcons do not want to part with Shaub due to the injury history of Vick.

All I was saying is it was worth a look. There are many stupid posts here (like the ________ for DC) I hardly see why this one is that laughable. I think its someone we should/could look at. That's all. I remember a few years back that many people thought we should draft this kid. Now he's got a few seasons under his belt, he's looked okay and he could compete with JP. I would like for the Bills to get rid of Holcomb, he is a waste of a roster spot, he should never be considered our starter.

I was just throwing out an idea. I apologize for wasting your precious time.

All I was saying is it was worth a look.  There are many stupid posts here (like the ________ for DC) I hardly see why this one is that laughable.  I think its someone we should/could look at.  That's all.  I remember a few years back that many people thought we should draft this kid.  Now he's got a few seasons under his belt, he's looked okay and he could compete with JP. I would like for the Bills to get rid of Holcomb, he is a waste of a roster spot, he should never be considered our starter. 

I was just throwing out an idea.  I apologize for wasting your precious time.

588254[/snapback]

Sorry, tuck. It's difficult to sort the "here's a legitimate thought I had to help the Bills" threads from the "JP sucks and hasn't proven anything so let's schitt-can him" threads. The latter is much more prevalent on this board, and (in my best Stephen A. Smith voice) quite frankly, most of us are tired of it.

However, altough Cinci has offered a 2nd, the Falcons do not want to part with Shaub due to the injury history of Vick.

588251[/snapback]

yup he's the guy after rivers and roethlisberger went off the board that I was hoping we'd draft. Instead we gave up 3 draft picks to draft losman. Schaub is gonna be a good qb in this league, and has a chance in atl like you said cause of vicks injury history. We pretty much have no choice other to wait on losman. I hope for the best

Actually, Jamie Martin seems like a good free agent possibility. He has some experience and Fairchild has worked with him.

Of course, without improving the OL, it's doesn't matter. They could clone Joe Montana and still be an atrocious offense.

All I was saying is it was worth a look.  There are many stupid posts here (like the ________ for DC) I hardly see why this one is that laughable.  I think its someone we should/could look at.  That's all.  I remember a few years back that many people thought we should draft this kid.  Now he's got a few seasons under his belt, he's looked okay and he could compete with JP. I would like for the Bills to get rid of Holcomb, he is a waste of a roster spot, he should never be considered our starter. 

I was just throwing out an idea.  I apologize for wasting your precious time.

588254[/snapback]

A couple of things. One, I agree with you whole-heartedly about bringing in Schaub. I think this kid can play. I said so in an earlier thread. Two, don't waste your time apologizing to the rude jacka$$es that take exception to the mere thought of someone else other than JP QBing this team. jeezus krist, people.

It's a different opinion than yours. Believe it or not, it's welcomed here. Isn't it?

588251[/snapback]

Exactly Obie. My choices for Qb in 04 ranked as follows:

Roethlisberger, Schaub, Losman, Frye, Harris

Schaub is a solid QB and I thought he would have been great learning under Bledsoe. (here come the Bledsoe haters)

That said, the Bills would be fools to partake in that trade this year. Quit blaming QB for the poor performance of this offense. The whole team stinks, the play calling stunk, WM looked like he was half assing it, the OL was non existant 80% of the time, and no one was on the same page at any point last year. Changing QBs is only going to further the problem. If we didnt waste 2 first round picks on JP, I would say go ahead and make the trade, but we have too much invested in JP to give up after 8 games.

I hear his last team had a horrible offensive line and coaches that were more interested in trying to squeak into the playoffs with a journeyman backup to save their jobs then developing a young QB that they wanted to do in the offseason.

588215[/snapback]

The team was 4-10 with no shot at the playoffs & Meathead still wouldn't play JP.

So he wins the Cincy game & costs us the 3rd pick in the draft & then bolts to Buffalo's biggest enemy. It's like the Dolphins planted him here to screw up the Bills & then brought him home like the Russians do with their spies.