Call me a flip flopper, but I'm supporting Drew.

PIZ

"Bill Parcells was the head coach, and he called me into his office," Bledsoe said. "He goes, "Hey, who's been the best quarterbacks over the last decade?' I said, "Probably Marino, Montana, maybe Elway.' And this is '95. Dan (Marino) still was going to play for a while.

"And (Parcells) slid an article across to me about the fact they were calling for Danny's head. That's the nature of the position. When we win I'm going to get more credit than I deserve. When we lose I'm going to take a lot of it. . . . I understand it. If I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't be here 12 years into a career still fighting to win football games."

I just checked our schedule and WHEN the Bills beat New England it is going to cause a snowball effect. All of the games on the schedule are winnable, especially WHEN the Bills (especially the o-line, TE, & RB blocking) get their heads out of their arses and start having the mindset that they are going to DOMINATE. Not "Do our best", not "Do the little things necessary", not "Execute better", not "minimize mistakes". Just one word "DOMINATE". You have to have that mentallity to win in the NFL. My guess is the Bills will start Dominating on October 3rd. I'm going on record as supporting Drew and the Bills.

I just checked our schedule and WHEN the Bills beat New England it is going to cause a snowball effect.  All of the games on the schedule are winnable, especially WHEN the Bills (especially the o-line, TE, & RB blocking) get their heads out of their arses and start having the mindset that they are going to DOMINATE.  Not "Do our best", not "Do the little things necessary", not "Execute better", not "minimize mistakes".  Just one word "DOMINATE".  You have to have that mentallity to win in the NFL.  My guess is the Bills will start Dominating on October 3rd.  I'm going on record as supporting Drew and the Bills.

42809[/snapback]

I'm with ya

Who ISN'T 'supporting' Drew? He's the QB, there isn't any debate and there isn't any practical alternative. Of course we want him to do well and will root for him on Sundays.

However, that doesn't change the fact that he is a mediocre (at best) QB who needs to go. Clearly he is no longer effective and the sooner the Bills replace him the sooner they can hope for a return to the playoffs. There isn't much that can be done for this year, so I hope the plan is to get JP into some late season games and turn it over to him in 2005.

Because I recognize the fact that Bledsoe sucks doesn't mean that a) I don't realize that TD, MM, the O-line, crappy play and attitude from various other members of the team has contributed to the Bills problems and B) that I don't still support the Bills or want them to do as well as possible this year.

Who ISN'T 'supporting' Drew?  He's the QB, there isn't any debate and there isn't any practical alternative.  Of course we want him to do well and will root for him on Sundays.

However, that doesn't change the fact that he is a mediocre (at best) QB who needs to go.  Clearly he is no longer effective and the sooner the Bills replace him the sooner they can hope for a return to the playoffs.  There isn't much that can be done for this year, so I hope the plan is to get JP into some late season games and turn it over to him in 2005.

Because I recognize the fact that Bledsoe sucks doesn't mean that a) I don't realize that TD, MM, the O-line, crappy play and attitude from various other members of the team has contributed to the Bills problems and B) that I don't still support the Bills or want them to do as well as possible this year.

42863[/snapback]

Umm, I'm pretty sure YOU'RE not 'supporting' Drew.

42863[/snapback]

You are a bad apple. :blink:

Who ISN'T 'supporting' Drew?  He's the QB, there isn't any debate and there isn't any practical alternative.  Of course we want him to do well and will root for him on Sundays.

However, that doesn't change the fact that he is a mediocre (at best) QB who needs to go.  Clearly he is no longer effective and the sooner the Bills replace him the sooner they can hope for a return to the playoffs.  There isn't much that can be done for this year, so I hope the plan is to get JP into some late season games and turn it over to him in 2005.

42863[/snapback]

well said....hey, it was an awesome q&a with the media if nothing else! doesn't do much to restore my faith in drew as a qb, because it has been so long since he's played well...HE TALKS A GOOD GAME FOR SURE, but i'm not sure he has it in him to lead us to more than a handful of wins. i think he needs to go.

BUT I HOPE I AM PROVEN WRONG OF COURSE :rolleyes: !

42863[/snapback]

Your sensible, balanced logic has no place on this board ! :rolleyes:

42863[/snapback]

Very well said. Other than the 1st 2 sentences, I agree 100%.

Guest BackInDaDay

From the paper...

Guard Chris Villarrial said that if the line does better, Bledsoe would do better.

"Believe me, Drew's in there screaming his head off and I feel bad for Drew right now," Villarrial said. "As a unit, we need to step our game up and protect him better."

Maybe the guys he goes to war with each weekend know more about the guy than we do. :rolleyes:

From the paper...

Guard Chris Villarrial said that if the line does better, Bledsoe would do better.

"Believe me, Drew's in there screaming his head off and I feel bad for Drew right now," Villarrial said. "As a unit, we need to step our game up and protect him better."

Maybe the guys he goes to war with each weekend know more about the guy than we do.  :rolleyes:

42966[/snapback]

Pretty much pisses on the parade of those who keep saying "Bledsoe has no fire in his belly...blah, blah, blah...we need a firey QB with emotion, like Kelly...blah, blah, blah..." :rolleyes: Gee, imagine that, a teammate knows him better than us.

Pretty much pisses on the parade of those who keep saying "Bledsoe has no fire in his belly...blah, blah, blah...we need a firey QB with emotion, like Kelly...blah, blah, blah..."  :rolleyes:  Gee, imagine that, a teammate knows him better than us.

43079[/snapback]

come on....he just said that to cover things up.