BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYER: TIGER OR SHAQ?

WHO WOULD MAKE THE BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYER?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WOULD MAKE THE BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYER?

• TIGER WOODS
    • SHAQUILLE O'NEAL

Question: would you rather have Tiger Woods on your team or Shaquille O'Neal.

Tiger goes 6'2", 195, has super-fast hands and body speed, a vigorous workout shedule and he's a fierce competitor, perhaps the only equal of Michael Jordan of any competitor at this time. But he plays a non-contact sport and there's no one knows his time in the 40.

Shaq is 7'2", 330 lbs (but probably heavier at most times), he can run the court better than most other 7-footers and he is very physical. All things considered, Shaq may be the most powerful athlete in the world with the amount of force he can generate. But his hands are questionable and if he played in a sport where 300+ lb athletes were common how could he cope with his loss of power advantage?

Tiger goes 6'2", 195, has super-fast hands and body speed, a vigorous workout shedule and he's a fierce competitor, perhaps the only equal of Michael Jordan of any competitor at this time.  But he plays a non-contact sport and there's no one knows his time in the 40.

Shaq is 7'2", 330 lbs (but probably heavier at most times), he can run the court better than most other 7-footers and he is very physical.  All things considered, Shaq may be the most powerful athlete in the world with the amount of force he can generate.  But his hands are questionable and if he played in a sport where 300+ lb athletes were common how could he cope with his loss of power advantage?

587286[/snapback]

gimme tiger over ego-maniac shaq anyday. even if shaq could make it in the nfl (which there's almost no chance he could cuz he'd be just another big guy and couldnt bully people like he does in nba), it's all about him. he;s fat and lazy and hes not a team player. he's just a bigger TO.

at least w/ tiger u get a world class athlete that would out work everyone else in the league to be the best player

gimme tiger over ego-maniac shaq anyday. even if shaq could make it in the nfl (which there's almost no chance he could cuz he'd be just another big guy and couldnt bully people like he does in nba), it's all about him. he;s fat and lazy and hes not a team player.  he's just a bigger TO.

at least w/ tiger u get a world class athlete that would out work everyone else in the league to be the best player

587297[/snapback]

funny i voted for shaq because i could see him being even more dominant than gates as a TE. but your marv-levy type analysis shows the weakness of going for the supposed character-guy. no matter how much character the guy has what difference does it make if his 40 time is 6.7

uh..shaq

What exactly would tiger do on a football team?  kicker?

Shaq could probably be an excellent OT- quick, ridiculous wingspan, probably not fast enough for a TE.

587306[/snapback]

6'2" 195 and quick sounds like a DB to me, thats what Woods could try. with his height he couldnt be picked on by taller receivers on "jump ball" throws.

6'2" 195 and quick sounds like a DB to me, thats what Woods could try. with his height he couldnt be picked on by taller receivers on "jump ball" throws.

587309[/snapback]

Just think, if the Bills had Tiger they could trade him for TO!

Damn it I'm in another idiotic thread.

587309[/snapback]

And if he runs a 4.8 40? Then what?

Shaq would be the choice -- especially considering the help the Bills need on both lines.

Get 'er done Marv!!

And if he runs a 4.8  40?  Then what?

Shaq would be the choice -- especially considering the help the Bills need on both lines.

Get 'er done Marv!!

587316[/snapback]

the only real position shaq could try was TE. his height would be a disadvantage as a lineman -- his legs would get taken out every play. as a TE with strength, size, speed and (maybe)hands he would totally dominate any LB or SS that tried covering him.

the only real position shaq could try was TE. his height would be a disadvantage as a lineman -- his legs would get taken out every play.  as a TE with strength, size, speed and (maybe)hands he would totally dominate any LB or SS that tried covering him.

587319[/snapback]

I can't believe you're actually seriously arguing this... Are you first in line for the coaster? :blink:

who'd you vote for and why?

587323[/snapback]

Neither one of them. Tiger probably hasn't had a physical confrontation in his life so he wouldn't be able to take a hit or deliver one and Shaq doesn't have the coordination in my opinion to play any position in the NFL. Look at other "athletes" who've tried. Brock Lesner comes to mind with his ill fated attempt to leave the "hollywood wrestling" scene for the NFL. He's a superior athlete with a ton of coordination but couldn't hack it in the NFL. What makes you think either Tiger or Shaq could?

Neither one of them. Tiger probably hasn't had a physical confrontation in his life so he wouldn't be able to take a hit or deliver one and Shaq doesn't have the coordination in my opinion to play any position in the NFL. Look at other "athletes" who've tried. Brock Lesner comes to mind with his ill fated attempt to leave the "hollywood wrestling" scene for the NFL. He's a superior athlete with a ton of coordination but couldn't hack it in the NFL. What makes you think either Tiger or Shaq could?

587327[/snapback]

tiger is tough as nails and powerful -- did you see the drives he blew 70 yards past dimarco at the masters and the putts he poured in under pressure time after time? there isn't a player in the nfl that has performed under pressure consistently like tiger. not even brady who coughed up the big INT to champ. tiger could play on my team any time

tiger is tough as nails and powerful -- did you see the drives he blew 70 yards past dimarco at the masters and the putts he poured in under pressure time after time?  there isn't a player in the nfl that has performed under pressure consistently like tiger. not even brady who coughed up the big INT to champ.  tiger could play on my team any time

587333[/snapback]

And this was your first post? Welcome but I seriously hope that you can recognize the difference between getting hit by a 200+ lb football player and holding a stick and hitting a little white ball?

Nobody mentioned that Shaq has his own movie and raps.

Tiger doesn't.

Advantage Shaq.

587339[/snapback]

shaq is almost 4 years older, he'll be 40 in march whereas tiger just turned 30. how many years could u possibly hope to get out of shaq? at best takes a season to convert him, then at 35 he plays till what 37? that means he's only worth 2 years.

Tiger goes 6'2", 195, has super-fast hands and body speed, a vigorous workout shedule and he's a fierce competitor, perhaps the only equal of Michael Jordan of any competitor at this time.  But he plays a non-contact sport and there's no one knows his time in the 40.

Shaq is 7'2", 330 lbs (but probably heavier at most times), he can run the court better than most other 7-footers and he is very physical.  All things considered, Shaq may be the most powerful athlete in the world with the amount of force he can generate.  But his hands are questionable and if he played in a sport where 300+ lb athletes were common how could he cope with his loss of power advantage?

587286[/snapback]

Have I mentioned how much I hate the offseason?

Personally, I'd rather have Superman. :blink:

Have I mentioned how much I hate the offseason?

Personally, I'd rather have Superman.  :blink:

587459[/snapback]

George Reeves or Christopher Reeve?

Lets see, George killed himself, but Christopher would have had a little trouble with a go

route towards the end.....

George killed himself

587463[/snapback]

Given the questionable cause of Mr. Besselo's early exit from Planet Beverly Hills, I'd have to argue that Toni Mannix proved to be the superior gridster on the Benedict Canyon squad.

If I'm correct in recognizing an affinity for the famously macabre, I should point out that merely a stone's throw from the location above are the arguably higher profile incidents concerning Paul Bern and of course the Kingpin of the genre in which Steven Parent made a fatally poor choice in his hawking of a clock radio.

I'll start watching and caring about golf when they allow body checking.  Golf is the equivalent of televised walking Monopoly. 

Golf.  For fug sakes.  :angry:

587864[/snapback]

I dunno. It would be kinda neat if Tiger lined up as a WR and brought along a 5 iron.

I'll bet he could do some damage in the secondary with that.