Would you make this trade?

1gap2gap

We might as well trade JP for Sage Rosenthal (sp?)  I mean he looked good in the one game he played too!

Sorry but I'm hard-pressed to believe that Fitz will be anything more than a career back-up.  Yes he lit up Houston but come on.  EVERYONE lit up Houston.

Lest we forget, JP torched Houston in his FIRST real start too.

This trade would be like trading a Ferrari with a flat tire for a Honda Civic that has good fuel effiency.  Let's just fix the flat tire first...

584405[/snapback]

Who said Fitz had to replace JP as the starter? Grab a valuable extra 3rd rounder (or who knows...possibly 2nd is what I'd be asking) and play Holcomb, who I anticipate being better next year anyway. We've got options. The more I think of it, the more I like it. Guess I'm just not as sold on JP as many are.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

St Louis -  3 rd round pick this year and Ryan Fiztpatrick QB.

I would in a heartbeat.

Fairchild thinks Fitzpatrick can run his offense in the future. Holcomb can run it now.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

No. I saw Fitzpatrick play in Minnesota during week 15 in the Metrodome. I thought his intellegence is a strength, but I thought his arm was a weakness.

What about this trade?

To the Bills: Ryan Fitzpatrick

To the Rams: future considerations

Fitzpatrick was a 7th round pick, with a sub-60 rating, ending the season with games of 58, 32, and 45. His last game he went 10/24. These aren't even JP numbers, why would we want someone even more raw?

If Fairchild thinks he can be a miracle worker with Fitzpatrick, then bring him in for nothing. Or just wait and grab him after he gets cut in training camp.

I would in a heartbeat.

Fairchild thinks Fitzpatrick can run his offense in the future. Holcomb can run it now.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

If I am GM and I dont think JJP can do the job than the ONLY trade I make is for someone who can come in and immediately run the offense. Holcomb is a decent backup in my opinion and not the starter I want in 2006.

As much as I question JP's ability to achieve the level expected of a 1st round QB, I think that it'd be a mistake for Bflo to jettison him at this stage. Let him practice, get better, and only after you have a better idea of his ability do you decide what to do with him long-term.

Just my opinion...

What about this trade?

To the Bills: Ryan Fitzpatrick

To the Rams: future considerations

Fitzpatrick was a 7th round pick, with a sub-60 rating, ending the season with games of 58, 32, and 45.  His last game he went 10/24.  These aren't even JP numbers, why would we want someone even more raw?

If Fairchild thinks he can be a miracle worker with Fitzpatrick, then bring him in for nothing.  Or just wait and grab him after he gets cut in training camp.

584494[/snapback]

Who cares where he was drafted? I'll take Fitz and a 2nd rounder and go with Holcomb. We'll fortify ourselves elsewhere. Hell put the right OL in place and then go get me Collins. The Raiders are bound to part ways with him.

Yeah!

Let's trade our 1st round QB who's had 8 whole games of playing time, for a 3rd string QB with even less time and a 3 round pick.

Wait let's trade Evans and Mcgahee for thier 5th Reciever and 4th running back, and get thier 4th and 5th round picks.

:)

I would in a heartbeat.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

...........don't forget to wipe before flushing!!!!

We are a testy bunch today. :)

You see so many people are always saying on this board that JP is no good - but when you suggest a trade all of a sudden you have to get value or somebody in return who is as good or better then JP.

If you think JP is not going to be your QB of the future then this trade gets him off your payroll with something in return. Maybe Fitzpatrick is a one game wonder? But you are not bringing him in with pressure to be the savior of the franchise.

Maybe Fitzpatrick is another Brady! Who knows for shure at this point but I will say this much, he has a good arm and is a lot more mature and has better football instincts then JP does right now. JP has far better talent.

I do agree with most of you that say give JP another year but you do realise that if JP does what he did this year and gets benched again he will have no value to any other team. Everybody will just wait for us to cut him and then pick him up.

It's a hard decision. One that could make or break a GM and Coach unless JP becomes the franchise QB and does well.

I would make the trade and start from scratch. I would not want my job to depend on JP. He is too risky.

I would in a heartbeat.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

As much as I like ryan fitzpatrick, and I really think he could be a solid QB in a few years (remember Marc Bulger was a 3rd stringer for 3 years before getting a chance to shine) this is by far one the dumbest trade proposals I've read on this board...why on earth would you give up a 1st round QB with 2 years of NFL experience (albeit one was on the IR) for a 3rd round pick and an Undrafted QB with one season under his belt?

The hell with Kelly Holcomb...the longer he starts the longer the Bills will suffer. He is not a starting QB in the NFL...if he was he would have proved it by now. If Buffalo were to give up on JP, they need to get a solid choice at QB who can start now and is on the right side of 30.

...........don't forget to wipe before flushing!!!!

584560[/snapback]

While I think "in a heartbeat" is pushing it, I also think that calling this proposal "the dumbest idea" ever is uncalled for as well.

What do you think J.P. Losman would get us? If we were looking to deal him, the best we would get is a 2nd. Tell me ONE team that would even think about giving us a first.

That being said, Ryan Fitzpatrick and a 3rd sounds pretty fair. I wouldn't do it personally. But if Marv and Ralph really hate J.P. and don't want him, then it would make sense. Especially with Fairchild's history with him.

P.S. Ryan Fitzpatrick WAS drafted.

We are a testy bunch today.  :)

You see so many people are always saying on this board that JP is no good - but when you suggest a trade all of a sudden you have to get value or somebody in return who is as good or better then JP.

If you think JP is not going to be your QB of the future then this trade gets him off your payroll with something in return.  Maybe Fitzpatrick is a one game wonder? But you are not bringing him in with pressure to be the savior of the franchise.

Maybe Fitzpatrick is another Brady!  Who knows for shure at this point but I will say this much, he has a good arm and is a lot more mature and has better football instincts then JP does right now. JP has far better talent.

I do agree with most of you that say give JP another year but you do realise that if JP does what he did this year and gets benched again he will have no value to any other team. Everybody will just wait for us to cut him and then pick him up.

It's a hard decision. One that could make or break a GM and Coach unless JP becomes the franchise QB and does well.

I would make the trade and start from scratch. I would not want my job to depend on JP.  He is too risky.

584599[/snapback]

We're on the the same page. I'd love to fortify our OL and bring in a Billy Volek type. I don't care that JP was selected in the first round. That means nothing. IMO, I just don't get "that" good feeling about JP. Obviously, others do and that's fine.

We can, and I'm certain we will, throw him into a competition and he might win it. If it's possible, I'd rather go with someone more established so we can hit the ground running. Just a different philosophy. That's all.