Would you make this trade?

1gap2gap

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

St Louis -  3 rd round pick this year and Ryan Fiztpatrick QB.

I would in a heartbeat.

Fairchild thinks Fitzpatrick can run his offense in the future. Holcomb can run it now.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

I like what I saw from him in spot duty last year. He's certainly smart enough, Harvard I believe. Add a 3rd in this particular draft you propose, and I could be swayed. Though, I'm not sure why St Louis would do this.

I like what I saw from him in spot duty last year. He's certainly smart enough, Harvard I believe. Add a 3rd in this particular draft you propose, and I could be swayed. Though, I'm not sure why St Louis would do this.

584330[/snapback]

Fight fiercely Hahvahd, Fight Fight Fight!

Demonstrate to them our will!

Albeit they possess the might,

Nonetheless, we have the will....

How shall we celebrate our victory?

We shall invite the whole team out for tea!

(How jolly!)

Throw that spheroid down the field

And fight, fight, fight!

RJ ('89)

Edit: Actually, I think it would be a stupid trade... but I like the song anyway.

Thats is the dumbest thing I ever heard. JP for Fitzpatrick who wasnt even drafted and a 3rd round pick? The Bills would be getting ripped off.

Don't let the Fitz's first appearance with the Rams deceive you. The following week he went out and threw 4 picks if my mind serves me right.

For one it wont happen because its a crazy idea. Two if they did do it. I would totally flip out. JP has all the tools. He just needs time. My goodness some of you people are on crack and are way too impatient.

584330[/snapback]

Anyone behidn that Rams line anchored by Orlando Pace will look good when

he gets 4 seconds to throw the ball....and so did Bulger.....Unless we fix the

line we will never know the true potential of Losman....Losman has to be

able to build confidence in his line to protect him for 4 seconds....Plus the

coaches need to keep their promise to Run the ball and the D needs to keep

its promise to play sound defense......2 thinks this team failed to day from

game 2 of last season.

584330[/snapback]

St Louis might do this because of the great talent and arm of the great JP and they would be trading for a former 1st round pick- and what they would consider -- their future franchise QB. B-)

Of course we know better. J P will take too long to mature before he is a franchise QB. Very much like Jake Plummer. :w00t:

St Louis -  3 rd round pick this year and Ryan Fiztpatrick QB.

I would in a heartbeat.

Fairchild thinks Fitzpatrick can run his offense in the future. Holcomb can run it now.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

Hell no. I mean if Fairchild can make a 7th Round pick like Fitzpatrick look "that good" he might do wonders for JP. Granted the Rams have a better O-line than the Bills are arguably better skilled players. Though I vivldly remembering Henry giving Fairchild a glowing endorsement as a coach for what it's worth. I don't find the choice of Fairchild as a bad one and prefer him to Caldwell in part even was just a title does have OC experience.

Look at it this way. Marv, Jauron, and Fitzpatrick can have weekly get-togethers to discuss the writing stylings of War and Peace and Ayn Rand. They can also breakdown Shakespear, and incorporate more of his "lesser known" quotes into the offensive playbook.

On second thought, Willis would be like, "What the f?", so nah. Not a good idea.

GAMEDATE  	Opp  	RESULT  	GS  	Att  	Comp  	Pct  	Yds  	TD  	Int  	Rate  	Sac  	Yds  	Att  	Yds  	Avg  	Lg  	TD  	Fum  	Rec
11/27	@HOU	W 33-27	No	30	19	63.3	310	3	1	117.4	5	22	3	23	7.7	12	0	1	0
12/04	WAS	L 9-24	Yes	36	21	58.3	163	0	1	58.0	3	21	5	22	4.4	7	1	1	0
12/11	@MIN	L 13-27	Yes	45	26	57.8	235	0	5	32.4	1	6	5	16	3.2	14	1	1	1
12/18	PHI	L 16-17	Yes	24	10	41.7	69	1	1	45.8	0	0	1	3	3.0	3	0	0	0

Perhaps everyone is forgetting that this kid sucked outside of his first game against Houston...

GAMEDATE  	Opp  	RESULT  	GS  	Att  	Comp  	Pct  	Yds  	TD  	Int  	Rate  	Sac  	Yds  	Att  	Yds  	Avg  	Lg  	TD  	Fum  	Rec
11/27	@HOU	W 33-27	No	30	19	63.3	310	3	1	117.4	5	22	3	23	7.7	12	0	1	0
12/04	WAS	L 9-24	Yes	36	21	58.3	163	0	1	58.0	3	21	5	22	4.4	7	1	1	0
12/11	@MIN	L 13-27	Yes	45	26	57.8	235	0	5	32.4	1	6	5	16	3.2	14	1	1	1
12/18	PHI	L 16-17	Yes	24	10	41.7	69	1	1	45.8	0	0	1	3	3.0	3	0	0	0

Perhaps everyone is forgetting that this kid sucked outside of his first game against Houston...

584384[/snapback]

I would not trade away JP that would be a bigger mistake than any QB we have traded for. IF the question is to win now and have the veterans support you go out and get another veteran. Holcomb and JP would rotate each week between second and third string qb and JP gets more practice time and could be ready as a starting QB without missing a beat on offense in two years or less.

Guest BackInDaDay

Let me preface this by stating that I'd like to see the Bills give Losman the opportunity to fight for the starting job because in a pinch, I think he could make plays that guys like Holcomb and Fitzpatrick can't.

That said, if DJ and Fairchild are leaning towards a ball-control, dink&dunk style O, Losman's athleticism is a luxury they can't afford. Why? Because JP can't recognise blitzes and read coverages on Holcomb's level. Not yet, anyway. If history has taught us anything, it's taught us that Ralph has no patience with his team, and little understanding of how to build a strong one.

As it stands now, Holcomb gives Marv and DJ their best chance of competing. I'd love to see JP get it done, but as of the end of '05, Kelly's the better NFL QB. He has a good enough arm to deliver the ball downfield when necessary. It's not as strong as Losman's, and it will limit what the O can do (similar to Kitna and Palmer in Cincy), but right now Kelly's greatest asset is between his ears.

I said 'ears', ladies. B-)

The Rams don't need JP. He fits their vertical game with his big arm, but it's too early on in Bulger's career to be looking for a replacement, unless he's in or approaching his FA year. But the prospect of Losman being traded shouldn't surprise anyone if it happens. Timing is everything, and JP's the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. As another poster decried, he deserves better, but such is life. I guess the last good thing that happened to him was getting out of Tulane before Katrina hit. It's been a tough 2 years.

We might as well trade JP for Sage Rosenthal (sp?) I mean he looked good in the one game he played too!

Sorry but I'm hard-pressed to believe that Fitz will be anything more than a career back-up. Yes he lit up Houston but come on. EVERYONE lit up Houston.

Lest we forget, JP torched Houston in his FIRST real start too.

This trade would be like trading a Ferrari with a flat tire for a Honda Civic that has good fuel effiency. Let's just fix the flat tire first...

My goodness some of you people are on crack and are way too impatient.

584338[/snapback]

Marv's teams were blown out of 2 superbowls buy a bunch of crack heads, stop putting down crack heads.Crack and impatient go hand in hand ,speed kills , crack=superbowls....

crackheads=win superbowl

drunk=lose superbowl

Marv's teams were blown out of 2 superbowls buy a bunch of crack heads, stop putting down crack heads.Crack and impatient go hand in hand ,speed kills , crack=superbowls....

crackheads=win superbowl

drunk=lose superbowl

584408[/snapback]

I agree...let's trade JP for his weight in crack. Then the Bills will finally win the Super Bowl.

I can't wait for the press conference where Marv says he was getting rid of the pipe found in his car, for his friend.

Thats is the dumbest thing I ever heard. JP for Fitzpatrick who wasnt even drafted and a 3rd round pick? The Bills would be getting ripped off.

Don't let the Fitz's first appearance with the Rams deceive you. The following week he went out and threw 4 picks if my mind serves me right.

For one it wont happen because its a crazy idea. Two if they did do it. I would totally flip out. JP has all the tools. He just needs time. My goodness some of you people are on crack and are way too impatient.

584338[/snapback]

Oh right, he wasn't drafted so he couldn't possibly get any better. Considering this kid had virtually no preperation time, I'm not so sure he couldn't be adequate with the right OL and a coach already familiar with him. You don't have to like the proposal, but don't discount it because the kid wasn't drafted. Unless you see some unsubstantiated upside with JP, I would CONSIDER it. I'm not one that thinks JP is the "end-all" with or without the proper OL. All I know is that with the way this team sits, another #3 this year would look awfully good.

Let me preface this by stating that I'd like to see the Bills give Losman the opportunity to fight for the starting job because in a pinch, I think he could make plays that guys like Holcomb and Fitzpatrick can't.

That said, if DJ and Fairchild are leaning towards a ball-control, dink&dunk style O, Losman's athleticism is a luxury they can't afford.  Why? Because JP can't recognise blitzes and read coverages on Holcomb's level.  Not yet, anyway.  If history has taught us anything, it's taught us that Ralph has no patience with his team, and little understanding of how to build a strong one.

As it stands now, Holcomb gives Marv and DJ  their best chance of competing.  I'd love to see JP get it done, but as of the end of '05, Kelly's the better NFL QB.  He has a good enough arm to deliver the ball downfield when necessary.  It's not as strong as Losman's, and it will limit what the O can do (similar to Kitna and Palmer in Cincy), but right now Kelly's greatest asset is between his ears. 

I said 'ears', ladies.  B-)

The Rams don't need JP.  He fits their vertical game with his big arm, but it's too early on in Bulger's career to be looking for a replacement, unless he's in or approaching his FA year.  But the prospect of Losman being traded shouldn't surprise anyone if it happens.  Timing is everything, and JP's the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.  As another poster decried, he deserves better, but such is life.  I guess the last good thing that happened to him was getting out of Tulane before Katrina hit.  It's been a tough 2 years.

584403[/snapback]

A post that manages to be pro-JP without trashing Holcomb. That's a rare thing on these boards. Keep up the good work!