GM Mock draft (JinVA is on the clock)

One reason why the Chargers are proud to select...

Maurice Drew - RB - UCLA

Special Teams

Yes.  His size is questioned, but the Chargers Special Teams were one of it's weakest links in 2005.  Drew will immediately upgrade the position.  And if a late touchdown is needed, and you have Reggie Bush and Maurice Drew deep, just the mere presence of Bush will open up lanes for Drew.  Not to mention that Drew will be able to spell Bush at RB. 

He will surprise a lot of people.

594901[/snapback]

Doesn't San Diego have Darren Sproles, who is pretty damn good at Special Teams?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lemme get this straight.....

In Round 1, San Diego trades the #1 RB in the NFL, LaDanian Tomlinson; for Reggie Bush who hasn't played a down in the NFL at RB.

Then in Round 2, San Diego takes RB Maurice Drew?!  :lol:

595216[/snapback]

Back up RB, but primarly used on special teams. Difference makers get drafted early.

Man, I hate Pittsburgh but I love Cowher. Tough as nails. Also, have a lot of respect for the Rooney family for sticking by their man through Tom Danahoe and alot of other shortcomings. 14 seasons in a fickle society speaks volumes of his success. 6-10 was his worst season. Bill Cowher it what a football coach looks like. The intensity in that guy is immeasurable.

Congratulations Bill. Boo Pittsburgh.

T_R

With their second round pick, TB continues to improve thier pathetic offensive line and selects...

OG Taitusi "Deuce" Lutui, USC

596200[/snapback]

That was who I was going to take with my pick, which is 4 picks after you. Good pick.

So to recap what "2003' did for the Bills in this mock, as this is a Bills board, Buffalo traded Nate Clements and their third round picks -- and landed MARIO WILLIAMS, JIMMY WILLIAMS and ERIC WINSTON.

That would be a very good first day.

I noticed the free agency compensation picks were not factored in.

So to recap what "2003' did for the Bills in this mock, as this is a Bills board, Buffalo traded Nate Clements and their third round picks -- and landed MARIO WILLIAMS, JIMMY WILLIAMS and ERIC WINSTON.

That would be a very good first day.

I noticed the free agency compensation picks were not factored in.

596777[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment! You'll see me as the future Bills GM in about 10 yrs! :blush:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.