Fairchild

Mikie2times

I posted this a few weeks ago when Fairchild was getting consideration before Mularkey left. He's still drawing some intrest from Buffalo so I thought people might wan't to take a look at it again. (UPDATE-He Was Hired)

In the 11 games he called plays (Martz called the rest) the Rams averaged 21 Points, 245 Yards passing, and 101 yards rushing per game. He also showed good balance with his play calling averaging 35 passes per game, and 25 rushes per game. What’s even more impressive is he did all that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his starting QB's. He also has experience as a QB coach, and coached in Buffalo in the past.

I know people would like to see Willis get 30 carries everyweek, but let's face it, this Bills team got behind a lot and that makes it difficult to run. Despite that they still averaged 9th in the league in run/pass ratio, having a rushing attempt for every 1.57 passes. Fairchild averaged a 1.4 in that category which would have ranked him 7th had he called all the games. He is also a former RB's coach with the Bills when Williams was here, so theirs no doubt that the run oriented stradegy would still be in effect.

I still think Willis needs to "be the man" on offense. JP is still wet behind the years and we need to offer him something that will take the pressure off of him to win.

I'm one of a few who has NOT thrown him under the bus. We'll have to wait and see what he CAN do in this league.

The running game is still key. Just look at the past 10 SB teams and their running stats during those years.

I'm still very happy we have Willis McGahee in the backfield. Honestly, I'd like for him to just shut up and not talk so much smack next season because it always bites him in the ass, but I have to agree with him that some of the offensive play-calls last year were...how to put this nicely so Mularkey doesnt cry...questionable?

I'm confident that with a new offense, he has the potential to explode.

I think it was rather idiotic of Fairchild to pass the ball so much with a rookie QB from Harvard, and a 3rd string washout Jamie Martin....Fitzgerald threw 5 picks in one game, and Fairchild still kept calling for passes.

He had Steven Jackson and Marshall Faulk at his disposal, and he let the rookie QB throw away football games.

I remember one week, Faulk was having his best game of the year. The Rams got the ball with 4 minutes left, and they put in some dude named Arlen Harris instead of Faulk, and they went 3 and out and lost the game. The media and fans AND FAULK (on the sidelines) were livid.

I think it was rather idiotic of Fairchild to pass the ball so much with a rookie QB from Harvard, and a 3rd string washout Jamie Martin....Fitzgerald threw 5 picks in one game, and Fairchild still kept calling for passes.

He had Steven Jackson and Marshall Faulk at his disposal, and he let the rookie QB throw away football games.

I remember one week, Faulk was having his best game of the year. The Rams got the ball with 4 minutes left, and they put in some dude named Arlen Harris instead of Faulk, and they went 3 and out and lost the game. The media and fans AND FAULK (on the sidelines) were livid.

He averaged 35 passes per game with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as QBs!!! To me, if Ryan Fitzpatrick is your friggin QB, you give the ball to Steven Jackson & Faulk 35 times a game!!

Killdrive part 2????? FCCCCCUKKKKK!!!

He averaged 35 passes per game with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as QBs!!! To me, if Ryan Fitzpatrick is your friggin QB, you give the ball to Steven Jackson & Faulk 35 times a game!!

Killdrive part 2?????  FCCCCCUKKKKK!!!

583708[/snapback]

Okay. Which is it, people. Was he a yes man who did nothing or a guy who did everything wrong with a third-string quarterback he picked up at McDonalds University?

Killdrive part 2?????  FCCCCCUKKKKK!!!

583708[/snapback]

Brilliant deduction, could it be because the Rams were getting killed in most those games? I know three yards and a cloud of dust is a legitimate comeback strategy for some around here, but that's not the way the NFL works. His numbers/history show he is more then committed to running the football, especially when you look at the difference from when Martz was calling the plays.

LA, Fairchild called the plays when Martz was out.  Thus, last years Rams team offense was all on him.  The playcalling was on him.  So, he can be blamed for averaging 35 passing attempts per game with Martin/Fitzgerald as QBs.

583721[/snapback]

So it had nothing to do with the fact that maybe Martin and Fitzgerald SUCKED? I watched them play, man. A few times. Bellachick couldn't make the Rams win this past year. The team just sucked...especially on the road. When you suck, you are losing, when you are losing, you are playing from behind. When you are playing from behind, YOU THROW 35 !@#$ING TIMES A GAME!

LA, Fairchild called the plays when Martz was out.  Thus, last years Rams team offense was all on him.  The playcalling was on him.  So, he can be blamed for averaging 35 passing attempts per game with Martin/Fitzgerald as QBs.

583721[/snapback]

Of course it didn't help that their defense sucked and they were playing from behind most of the time. They gave up 38 pts to the Cards, 33 to the Texans, 27 to the Vikes, and 24 to the Niners, all of whom had less than stellar offenses.

Of course it didn't help that their defense sucked and they were playing from behind most of the time. They gave up 38 pts to the Cards, 33 to the Texans, 27 to the Vikes, and 24 to the Niners, all of whom had less than stellar offenses.

583738[/snapback]

They actually spotted the Colts 17 points and still lost by 14.

But hey, I guess that's as good a time to run the ball as any. Down by fourteen, give it to Marshall!

583738[/snapback]

THat's why we hired their D-Line coach, right?

583721[/snapback]

They were playing from behind in a major of those games. I know the game against the Texans, when was Fitzpatricks first start, they were down by 21 pts and came back to win.

I posted this a few weeks ago when Fairchild was getting consideration before Mularkey left. He's still drawing some intrest from Buffalo so I thought people might wan't to take a look at it again.  (UPDATE-He Was Hired)

In the 11 games he called plays (Martz called the rest)  the Rams averaged 21 Points, 245 Yards passing, and 101 yards rushing per game. He also showed good balance with his play calling averaging 35 passes per game, and 25 rushes per game. What’s even more impressive is he did all that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his starting QB's. He also has experience as a QB coach, and coached in Buffalo in the past.

I know people would like to see Willis get 30 carries everyweek, but let's face it, this Bills team got behind a lot and that makes it difficult to run. Despite that they still averaged 9th in the league in run/pass ratio, having a rushing attempt for every 1.57 passes. Fairchild averaged a 1.4 in that category which would have ranked him 7th had he called all the games. He is also a former RB's coach with the Bills when Williams was here, so theirs no doubt that the run oriented stradegy would still be in effect.

583648[/snapback]

Interesting stuff!

He also showed good balance with his play calling averaging 35 passes per game, and 25 rushes per game.

583648[/snapback]

Ok so on average the offense was on the field for 60 plays excluding kicks. Does someone know what our average was?