Fairchild

Mikie2times

Ok so on average the offense was on the field for 60 plays excluding kicks. Does someone know what our average was?

583870[/snapback]

428 total rushing attempts, 26.75 plays per game average. 459 total passing attempts, 28.69 plays per game.

you should be neutral and wait and see how it plays out...or you can do the TBD knee jerk reaction (either wicked bad or wicked good).

583903[/snapback]

Wicked boring response...but, right on the money.

Me thinks my main concern with this guy would be the amount of hits that his QB's have taken over the past few years. That is why Martin and Fitzpatrick were even in the game to begin with.

583926[/snapback]

You're saying Fairchild shows poor footwork when he's pass blocking? Perhaps he's not big enough to handle the bull rush?

In the 11 games he called plays (Martz called the rest)  the Rams averaged 21 Points, 245 Yards passing, and 101 yards rushing per game. He also showed good balance with his play calling averaging 35 passes per game, and 25 rushes per game. What’s even more impressive is he did all that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his starting QB's. He also has experience as a QB coach, and coached in Buffalo in the past.

so theirs no doubt that the run oriented stradegy would still be in effect.

583648[/snapback]

Well Kzoo, I must say if I knew there was better conversation on this board, as opposed to the Bills homepage mesasage board, I would, {and will have to} come here more.

The one thing I don't quite understand is what is Juron's connection to these two? Koller and Fairchild? it just seem skinda odd to me that out of the blue he hires two Rams coaches.

I read something earlier about Bates considering offers for the DC position; I htink that would be another solid assistant.

Well Kzoo, I must say if I knew there was better conversation on this board, as opposed to the Bills homepage mesasage board, I would, {and will have to} come here more.

The one thing I don't quite understand is what is Juron's connection to these two? Koller and Fairchild?  it just seem skinda odd to me that out of the blue he hires two Rams coaches.

I read something earlier about Bates considering offers for the DC position; I htink that would be another solid assistant.

584195[/snapback]

You should come by more often, every board has it's share of rejects but the wall has some great football discussion. As for your comments I don't think Jauron has any connection to Fairchild. If you recall the Bills expressed interest in him before Mularkey quit. Perhaps he was a guy Levy really wanted and Mularkey didn’t. That’s just some speculation but I think it’s safe to say at this point that Fairchild had Levy’s recommendation.

I posted this a few weeks ago when Fairchild was getting consideration before Mularkey left. He's still drawing some intrest from Buffalo so I thought people might wan't to take a look at it again.  (UPDATE-He Was Hired)

In the 11 games he called plays (Martz called the rest)  the Rams averaged 21 Points, 245 Yards passing, and 101 yards rushing per game. He also showed good balance with his play calling averaging 35 passes per game, and 25 rushes per game. What’s even more impressive is he did all that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his starting QB's. He also has experience as a QB coach, and coached in Buffalo in the past.

I know people would like to see Willis get 30 carries everyweek, but let's face it, this Bills team got behind a lot and that makes it difficult to run. Despite that they still averaged 9th in the league in run/pass ratio, having a rushing attempt for every 1.57 passes. Fairchild averaged a 1.4 in that category which would have ranked him 7th had he called all the games. He is also a former RB's coach with the Bills when Williams was here, so theirs no doubt that the run oriented stradegy would still be in effect.

583648[/snapback]

thanks kzoo

I still think Willis needs to "be the man" on offense.  JP is still wet behind the years and we need to offer him something that will take the pressure off of him to win. 

I'm one of a few who has NOT thrown him under the bus.  We'll have to wait and see what he CAN do in this league. 

The running game is still key.  Just look at the past 10 SB teams and their running stats during those years.

583678[/snapback]

When Losman is on the field, you typically see eight or nine men in the box. Whatever the running game can do to take the pressure off Losman's passing game, is already being done. It's about time Losman's passing attack started putting some fear in defenses, and started forcing some of those men out of the box.

One other thing that just occurred to me. If memory serves me correctly, the Packers were not the only team interested in drafting JP. The Rams were supposedly very interested in him too. Now, was it Martz that liked him or Fairchild? One would assume that Fairchild, the team's former QB Coach would have had a say, just as Wyche was a big proponent of our trading up to get JP.

Thus, for those who thought one of the advantages to bringing Sherman in was that he was high on JP -- well, maybe we are in the same situation with Fairchild.

Count me as one of those who is cautiously optimistic. He managed to get pretty good QB play out of a variety of different guys over the years -- and I don't think that it was all Martz.

I'm still not sold on Fairchild due to his lack of actual OC & play calling experience. But I just read the BNews article and I like the fact that he appears to want to be here. That can go a long way in someone performance of their duties.