Is everyone satisfied with McNally so far?

Frez

I stressed multiple times that JM cannot turn garbage into gold. You have camp fodder at LG, an overweight/underachieving RT, a center who thought he signed here to be a tackle and a LT who can't wait to play out his contract and sign with Atlanta.

Give it time. I think they will be OK by the midpoint.

I stressed multiple times that JM cannot turn garbage into gold.  You have camp fodder at LG, an overweight/underachieving RT, a center who thought he signed here to be a tackle and a LT who can't wait to play out his contract and sign with Atlanta.

Give it time.  I think they will be OK by the midpoint.

42400[/snapback]

Blue, I think they are pretty decent right now. The QB needs to see the blitz coming and get rid of the !@#$ing ball! 7 sacks aint cutting it!

Yes... several things happened to JMac this year beyond his control.

(eg. Mike Williams lack of dedication).

If anyone can make something out of this mess, he can do it...

but it won't happen overnight.

That being said, it now is apparant the Mike Pucillo Experiment earlier this year could have & should have been avoided.

Our O-line is not garbage. We have a QB that could make just about any line look bad. Our line has some talent -- maybe not pro-bowl caliber talent, but they're not a bunch of nobodies, either. A mobile QB with leadership capabiliites and the smarts to change the play at the line of scrimmage would make our line look just fine.

Blue, I think they are pretty decent right now. The QB needs to see the blitz coming and get rid of the !@#$ing ball! 7 sacks aint cutting it!

42403[/snapback]

there is no OL in the league that is subjected to pressure and blitzes on every play like teh Bills are. Teams blitz specifically to stuff the run because they have no fear they will be burned if they guess wrong and it is a pass. They just continue throught the run gaps vbecause they know where to find Drew, know that he won't escape, and know that there is almost no chance that Drew will beat them with a big play.

Even teams with raw rookies aren't disrepected as much as the Bills O with Drew at QB.

Until drew makes a few big plays, the OL will continue to be pummelled and the run and pass games will suffer.

Drew may not block or run the ball, but he definitely has a big influence on how other teams play defense against the Bills.

call it the Bledsoe Factor

there is no OL in the league that is subjected to pressure and blitzes on every play like teh Bills are. Teams blitz specifically to stuff the run because they have no fear they will be burned if they guess wrong and it is a pass. They just continue throught the run gaps vbecause they know where to find Drew, know that he won't escape, and know that there is almost no chance that Drew will beat them with a big play.

Even teams with raw rookies aren't disrepected as much as the Bills O with Drew at QB.

Until drew makes a few big plays, the OL will continue to be pummelled and the run and pass games will suffer.

Drew may not block or run the ball, but he definitely has a big influence on how other teams play defense against the Bills.

call it the Bledsoe Factor

42695[/snapback]

great post. i'll add one thing - have the bills ever had a starting rb (henry) who blocked so poorly?

42403[/snapback]

And if you had people in the backfield who could actually lay a block on the blitzing linebackers, maybe the quarterback COULD have a second or two to AVOID the blitz.