Ted Washington on 103.3?

Billsjunkie

They made you sit on the floor while taking your tests in math class, didn't they?

582367[/snapback]

Actually, quick story...I did actually spell my name wrong on not one but TWO finals in the same day back when I was an undergrad. But I was hung over, so I consider it a wash.

And just think, the government is paying ME to go to grad school. Heh heh heh...suckers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

given the chance to get washington back for 1 more year, and drafting ngata and having a dt rotational system or Adams/Washington/Ngata/Anderson or Edwards I'd jump all over that. Big Ted may be long in the tooth, but he's still an immovable object, and imo the best runstopping dt to ever play. Well at least that I'd ever seen play. I'd take him for a year, and like someone else said if nothing else it just goes to show that jauron will get respect from his players.

:ph34r:

OK, I'll be borrowing that.

And he's not Fat Ted or Fa-Ted or even Fat Head.

He's just TED.

582312[/snapback]

I prefer Mount Washington, myself.

And I don't give a flying fig HOW old he is - anyone remember what Buffalo's inside running game looked like in the game against Oakland? Here's a couple of hints...

1-10-BUF 18 (14:56) 21-W.McGahee right tackle to BUF 20 for 2 yards (92-T.Washington, 52-K.Morrison).

1-10-OAK 30 (10:40) 21-W.McGahee right end to OAK 29 for 1 yard (92-T.Washington, 52-K.Morrison).

1-10-OAK 40 (11:32) 21-W.McGahee up the middle to OAK 38 for 2 yards (92-T.Washington).

3-2-OAK 2 (7:20) 21-W.McGahee up the middle to OAK 1 for 1 yard (92-T.Washington).

*NOTE: this was the play right before the 4th-and-goal Shelton dive...

23-84 yards overall, and 14 of those yards came on a 3rd-and-28 draw play to Shaud Williams.

Not to piss in anyone's oatmeal, but didn't Ted have a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him by the Raider towel boy or something?

Whatever. If he could come back to Buffalo to do more than eat a few buckets of wings, we might be saying "Pat who?" I think the DLine is a quicker fix than the OLine is.

Not to piss in anyone's oatmeal, but didn't Ted have a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him by the Raider towel boy or something?

Whatever. If he could come back to Buffalo to do more than eat a few buckets of wings, we might be saying "Pat who?" I think the DLine is a quicker fix than the OLine is.

582822[/snapback]

No it was a locker room incident with I believe one of the 49ers coaches I think their dline coach. Suppousedly he pretended to rape him. This was many many years ago.

For the right money I would do it.....

I still wouldn\'t stop bringing in talent for the defensive line......

582443[/snapback]

I would still bring in Ngata. Sam and Ted on Running downs, Sam and Ngata on Passing downs. Whoo....that would be hell on O-lines. Schobel would love it too!

I just said I'd pass on Ted Washington, I never said anything about ignoring the lines.  In fact, I've said in a bunch of posts I want to see most of our FA attention be spent on signing one solid DT (coupled with drafting Ngata) and bringing in at least two new starters for the O-Line.

I'm just not a fan of bringing in Ted Washington at his age.

582114[/snapback]

Actually, Big Ted, I believe, can still give a defense some valuable snaps, if not for any other reason than he is huge and takes up tremendous space, and multiple blockers.

If he could be signed reasonably cheap, and whether Oakland will be able to cut him, contract considerations and all. We'll see what happens. Nice to hear he'd like to come back though.

One problem with Ted besides his age and health regarding coming back - his agent Wright who has been nothing but trouble for Bills. Ralph is like an elephant - long memory and a nose to long with a tendancy for getting into things - and unless he has a personal relationship with him like some of the players may say no.

One problem with Ted besides his age and health regarding coming back - his agent Wright who has been nothing but trouble for Bills.  Ralph is like an elephant - long memory and a nose to long with a tendancy for getting into things - and unless he has a personal relationship with him like some of the players may say no.

583034[/snapback]

The agent thing is a good point...

I had a word with my buddy who was on the Raiders training camp roster as a DT. He said that Ted can still play for at least 2 or 3 more years... I wouldn't be concerned at ALL about his age.