Thin-skinned kid

silvermike

http://www.cnn.com/cnnsi/2006/football/nfl...n.ap/index.html

Living in New York, if the Bills were playing the Jets, and I came to work in a McGee jersey, I'd likely be fired for violating the dress code. But if I could wear a jersey, I'd be willing to take my lumps, I mean, that's half the fun of wearing a rival jersey, you get people riled up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought they teach tolerance in ethnicity class.

581669[/snapback]

Bronco's fans are an ethnic group? C'mon man, the kid got his balls busted and he crumbled like a little girl. Somebody needs to make this into an educational experience for him. He needs to realize that he and he alone is responsible for his emotions. Nobody made him upset, he allowed himself to get upset.

Thank goodness he didn't attend my rural WNY high school or he'd have been beaten for being a wuss.

Bronco's fans are an ethnic group?  C'mon man, the kid got his balls busted and he crumbled like a little girl.  Somebody needs to make this into an educational experience for him.  He needs to realize that he and he alone is responsible for his emotions.  Nobody made him upset, he allowed himself to get upset. 

Thank goodness he didn't attend my rural WNY high school or he'd have been beaten for being a wuss.

581685[/snapback]

Damn straight.

Agreed except he was taking a test at the time. Unless it was in a remedial basket weaving class that teacher was way out of line as far as the story goes. You just never know the extent of the harrassment/ abuse/ normal rough housing to read into these things. Never on test day . Period.

This would be a different story if it was another student doing this to the kid. But this was the teacher singling him out. Making him sit on the floor to take a test? Having students throw paper at him? That teacher is an idiot and deserves to be disciplined for his actions. What if the student threw stuff at the teacher or did stuff to belittle them? The student would have been sent to the office and probably suspended.

Making jokes or the ocasional jab at the kid about the team would have been okay, but when the teacher abuses his power and embarrasses the kid in public, that crosses the line.

Bronco's fans are an ethnic group?  C'mon man, the kid got his balls busted and he crumbled like a little girl.  Somebody needs to make this into an educational experience for him.  He needs to realize that he and he alone is responsible for his emotions.  Nobody made him upset, he allowed himself to get upset. 

581685[/snapback]

The kid should be able to wear any jersey he wants without being bullied. Seriously, if this was done in your office the bullies would be fired on the spot and the company would be preparing for a lawsuit. Not a very good lesson for the teacher to teach his students, ethnicity or being different has everything to do with tolerance. Got that WOP.

http://www.cnn.com/cnnsi/2006/football/nfl...n.ap/index.html

Living in New York, if the Bills were playing the Jets, and I came to work in a McGee jersey, I'd likely be fired for violating the dress code.  But if I could wear a jersey, I'd be willing to take my lumps, I mean, that's half the fun of wearing a rival jersey, you get people riled up.

581663[/snapback]

Settle this the old-fashioned way: no-holds barred cage match.

BTW, is that Sam Adams Utopias in your avatar?

We did the same thing in 5th grade.

Our teacher had a blue eyes/brown eyes "experiment" where he declared that all blue-eyed students were to be beholdent to the demands of the brown eyed students. We (I have blue eyes - girls take note :D) were to do as we were told - throw out their trash at lunch, sit quietly when told, etc... We were also treated (mistreated) by the teacher in the same way.

In fact, during class the teacher made some reference that no one could list all the teams in the American League (I assume this was a setup). I had my hand raised for about 15 minutes before he would even acknowledge me - at which point he belittled my intelligence for having blue-eyes, etc... Bottom line is that I won an ice cream at lunch for naming all the AL teams.

The whole point was to teach us about discrimination.

For all of you calling him a kitty, let's see how you'd react if your child failed a test because he had to take it sitting on the floor while the rest of the class threw sh-- at him.

It's one thing to joke on him and single him out (I'm fine with that), but you don't pull that nonsense when he is trying to take a test.

For all of you calling him a kitty, let's see how you'd react if your child failed a test because he had to take it sitting on the floor while the rest of the class threw sh-- at him.

It's one thing to joke on him and single him out (I'm fine with that), but you don't pull that nonsense when he is trying to take a test.

581763[/snapback]

my kid would have taken the belt if he walked out of our house with a dolphins or Pats jersey to school...

We did the same thing in 5th grade.

Our teacher had a blue eyes/brown eyes "experiment" where he declared that all blue-eyed students were to be beholdent to the demands of the brown eyed students.  We (I have blue eyes - girls take note :D) were to do as we were told - throw out their trash at lunch, sit quietly when told, etc...  We were also treated (mistreated) by the teacher in the same way.

In fact, during class the teacher made some reference that no one could list all the teams in the American League (I assume this was a setup).  I had my hand raised for about 15 minutes before he would even acknowledge me - at which point he belittled my intelligence for having blue-eyes, etc...  Bottom line is that I won an ice cream at lunch for naming all the AL teams.

The whole point was to teach us about discrimination.

581762[/snapback]

You’d make a great defense lawyer.