Why Did This Have to Happen?

Why did this have to happen to us Bills fans?

As a die-hard Bills fan, I can only say to other die-hard Bills fans that I'm sorry. . . I feel your pain.

Reading this board today I see real, true-life anguish out there. I concur with your sentiments. I wish this didn't have to happen to us.

Bills fans are the most fiercely loyal, live and die with their team, blood, sweat, and tears fans I can ever imagine. The town they live and play in is a testament to the gritty, blue-collar work ethic that they want from their sports teams. If they ever won a Super Bowl, it would be a day that time stood still for an entire city. The city virtually revolves around its teams. No other city (except maybe Green Bay) could possibly have its citizens lives so intertwined with the fate of its professional sports franchises.

But, it appears it just isn't meant to be. For that, I say sorry to all of those die-hard Buffalo Bills fans whose hopes and optimism are as crushed as mine are this day.

As a die-hard Bills fan, I can only say to other die-hard Bills fans that I'm sorry. . . I feel your pain.

Reading this board today I see real, true-life anguish out there. I concur with your sentiments. I wish this didn't have to happen to us.

Bills fans are the most fiercely loyal, live and die with their team, blood, sweat, and tears fans I can ever imagine. The town they live and play in is a testament to the gritty, blue-collar work ethic that they want from their sports teams. If they ever won a Super Bowl, it would be a day that time stood still for an entire city. The city virtually revolves around its teams. No other city (except maybe Green Bay) could possibly have its citizens lives so intertwined with the fate of its professional sports franchises.

But, it appears it just isn't meant to be. For that, I say sorry to all of those die-hard Buffalo Bills fans whose hopes and optimism are as crushed as mine are this day.

580889[/snapback]

And would hiring Sherman have prevented your true-life anguish as well as your hopes and optimism from being crushed? Just asking.

And would hiring Sherman have prevented your true-life anguish as well as your hopes and optimism from being crushed? Just asking.

580896[/snapback]

Yes, I would have been optimistic with Sherman, guarded, but optimistic. Especially since he likely would have brought Jim Bates with him. And feeling true-life anguish wasn't mine, it was a feeling sweeping over this entire board. I've become somewhat numb, so I'm not completely feeling it.

Cheer up bud.  It's really not that bad.  It is still only a game.  Nobody died.  The sun will still come up tomorrow, or at least be behind the dense overcast Buffalo sky. :devil: You just never know in this league.  Maybe the chemistry will be right for Jauron to surprise people.  He seems like a guy with thick skin, and maybe some of that will rub off on certain players that are in dire need of it.  I think when the players actually get to know the guy, they will bust their butts for him.  We shall see.

580889[/snapback]

No other city (except maybe Green Bay) could possibly have its citizens lives so intertwined with the fate of its professional sports franchises.

580889[/snapback]

Where do I start? First, give this a rest. There are many professional sports cities around the globe that exceed Buffalo in it's fandom. This is the most egocentric and least substantiated claim I have EVER heard. While it may make you feel mighty - you are off base.

Evidence is found in the "chicken little" tenor of the board the last 18 hours - like little toddlers...whine, whine,whine. Bills fans are nothing special.

Moreover, you are giving up on the season via your apology, no? Opening day is, what, 8 MONTHS away and this is the best you can do? Wring your hands in self pity because Buffalo deserved more/better? The 'man' keep WNY down again, huh?

Tiresome.....all this gloom.

Oh please. ENOUGH with the drama.

From a die-hard fan with a steelworker father who lost his job on Christmas Eve after Bethlehem Steel announced it was leaving Lackawanna (is that "gritty, blue-collar work ethic" enough for you?), I am NOT mourning today, nor am I feeling any pain.

Die-hard Bills fans know there are better days ahead. They may not come as fast as everyone in this "USA Today, just-add-water, instant scratch ticket" sports culture may want, but they are coming.

Oh yeah--Dad likes the Jauron choice, too.

GO BILLS!!

Oh please. ENOUGH with the drama.

From a die-hard fan with a steelworker father who lost his job on Christmas Eve after Bethlehem Steel announced it was leaving Lackawanna (is that "gritty, blue-collar work ethic" enough for you?), I am NOT mourning today, nor am I feeling any pain.

Die-hard Bills fans know there are better days ahead. They may not come as fast as everyone in this "USA Today, just-add-water, instant scratch ticket" sports culture may want, but they are coming.

Oh yeah--Dad likes the Jauron choice, too.

GO BILLS!!

As the Lackawanna-born grandson of one those steelworkers, I say great post!! Ask your Dad if he ever spent any time at Baich's Tavern or Copper John's in Lackawanna.

580889[/snapback]

didn't some great songwriter say 'love the one you're with'....yesterday I hated Juaron - today I, well, I almost love him....

Really, it's not that bad. I am optimistic that we'll hire the right coordinators, have a great draft and have a decent season next year. This is not the end of the world. We hired a guy with head coaching experience, give him a chance.

I'm with ya. 4 guys in the Top 100 of the draft coming up, 2 good coordinators, and a healthy Spikes, Everett, etc. Looking forward to it, actually.

580889[/snapback]

Kudos, man. This is an awesome parody.

didn't some great songwriter say 'love the one you're with'....yesterday I hated Juaron - today I, well, I almost love him....

581059[/snapback]

There is a lot to love - a coach who the players respect, press conferences with an intelligent, articulate coach who would not embarrass his 9th grade English teacher, a good working relationship with his GM. A welcome change.

Sherman may have been great. However, one claim to fame that was often cited was that he planned to draft JP if the Bills hadn't taken him first. Was that a plus? I see no evidence of it so far. (Hope I'm wrong.) :devil:

580889[/snapback]

Real true life anguish? Are you serious?

580889[/snapback]

going to take your ball and play some other team ???

580889[/snapback]

Well, there is always the river.

Real true life anguish?  Are you serious?

581087[/snapback]

:devil: And here I was thinking that being told I have cancer or that losing my mother and father within a couple of months of each other was tough...

But Jauron is the Bills' head coach? Oh, the horror. How will we ever recover? :devil:

Where do I start?  First, give this a rest.  There are many professional sports cities around the globe that exceed Buffalo in it's fandom.  This is the most egocentric and least substantiated claim I have EVER heard.  While it may make you feel mighty - you are off base.

Evidence is found in the "chicken little" tenor of the board the last 18 hours - like little toddlers...whine, whine,whine.  Bills fans are nothing special. 

Moreover, you are giving up on the season via your apology, no?  Opening day is, what, 8 MONTHS away and this is the best you can do?  Wring your hands in self pity because Buffalo deserved more/better?  The 'man' keep WNY down again, huh?

Tiresome.....all this gloom.

580916[/snapback]

Clearly, you are not a Buffalo resident or native. You don't have a clue about the way the community lives and dies with their teams. Bills fans are nothing special? Well, I'm surprised nobody else has ripped you for that comment. . . so I will. You're not a real fan. You're a cookie-cutter, dime a dozen out of towner pseudo-fan who probably started rooting for the Bills when they were going to four Super Bowls in a row. You give your f'in rhetoric a rest. That's all. I'm done with you

There are a percentage of people (probably not even Bills fans) that post negative, negative, negative no matter what. If Sherman was hired there would be a ton of posts on how that was a horrible decision. If ANYONE was hired, fired, cut, waived, signed or resigned there would be a page of negative posts. You just have to wade through the waist deep BS to get the real feelings of real Bills fans on a given topic. Some people just like to see their post count go up.