Please don't take D'Brick if available

marck

D'Brick is not a fat ass. Mike Williams is/was a fat ass with a history of injuries to boot.

D'Brick is a Left Tackle. Mike Williams was a Right Tackle. As of late, he was a backup guard.

Left Tackles are drafted early because they are worth their weight in gold. Mike Williams is probably the highest paid RT in football history.

Can you see the difference, or no?

573037[/snapback]

Can I hold youto this statement 4 years from now?

PTR

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I hold youto this statement 4 years from now?

PTR

573044[/snapback]

You know that you can! <_<

The Bills suck because they neglected the OL for at least a decade. OK, it IS true that TD did try more than Mr. Butler, but he brought us slobs and scrubs.

Promo, we are a cold weather "smash mouth" football team with no blocking. Do you not see the irony?

Clements is very good, but to select him, we passed on Hutchinson. MaGahee is very good, but to select him, we passed on Steinbach. JP is not very good, but to select him, we gave away a 2nd and a 5th, and lost 6 or so spots in round 1. Parrish is a literal joke, and he was our first selection of a draft.

This is not a time to pass up blockers. We suck, and need to rebuild. There is no better way to do so than by starting at a broken foundation.

Hey, would you like for Marv to take another small, injured receiver with the 8th selection? ;)

my concern with D'Brick, is this, the last few years, the top LTs have all had to play RT or Guard before moving over, Robert Gallery is a good example, however i feel that Gallery is far past what Fergie is remember Gallery is bigger, plays with a mean steak, and is more athletic than D'Brick. D'Brick can not play RT.

Draft Colledge in the 2nd. He can play LT or RT, or even LG

my concern with D'Brick, is this, the last few years, the top LTs have all had to play RT or Guard before moving over, Robert Gallery is a good example, however i feel that Gallery is far past what Fergie is remember Gallery is bigger, plays with a mean steak, and is more athletic than D'Brick.  D'Brick can not play RT.

Draft Colledge in the 2nd.  He can play LT or RT, or even LG

573190[/snapback]

Have you seen Gallery play? Athletic is something that he is not.

I cant say what D'Brick will do or play like in the pros, what i can do is tell you that you are completely wrong in your statement. He has a smaller frame but that enables him to be extremely quick against rush ends, and if you're wondering about the bull rush his arms nearly reach down to his knees which makes it almost impossible for a DE to get his hands on Brick. His run blocking is in question but its not that bad. I find it ironic that people complain about mike williams being too fat yet you say a 6'5'' 300 lb tackle is too small and dont want him. The fact that you say his technique is terrible shows that you havent watched many of his games, and if you have, it means you just dont know what technique means because this is one of the sole reasons he is rated the #1 tackle in this draft.

Ferg is a pretty dominate guy.......I didnt even realize who he was......and I was watching the bowl game and I was like man.....someone needs to get that guy .........he is a bad ass

come to realize he is one of the best ........duh.........he shows that

Mike Mamula was a top-flight athelete.

573215[/snapback]

ok that has nothing to do with this, mamula was not talked about all year because he wasnt a good football player. As soon as his numbers from teh combine came out he skyrocketed up the boards because coaches and gm's were curious as to what they could do with his talent.

D'Brick has been touted for the last 2 and a half years as an outstanding tackle, and hasnt gone to the combine yet

re-think?

MCNeill is 6-7 1/2 tall weighs 332  40-yard dash: 4.96

BIO :

Weaknesses: Must control weight; past fluctuations are a concern. Laziness and lack of focus late in games have led to inconsistency, poor technique and sluggish play. Overconfidence causes him to underestimate opponents.

Bottom line: McNeill is massive and has tremendous ability. He has outstanding experience and is among the nation's best linemen. If he controls his weight and improves his stamina, he will be a top pick

572745[/snapback]

<_<;)0:)

This guy had red flags all over him, as far as I can see. Weight problems, laziness, lack of focus, poor technique, stamina - this makes me remember a fat slob who used to dress as our RT...

Two things, however, tell them apart - overconfidence and inconsistency. Big Mike has none of both - he has no confidence and is consistently bad... ;)

When it comes to the draft, I guess everyone is an expert in his own mind. I freely admit that I form my opinions mostly by reading the opinions of other people on available athletes. I too am not urging the Bills to take D'Brick. It think the D-line deficiency is even more accute than that of the O-line. That's mostly my own opinion, based on the fact that Gandy really played pretty well all things considered. The fact that Buffalo was close to the worst in the league defending against the run after ranking near the top the year before speaks volumes. I think DT is the most accute need on the Bills, though I understand the rationale of hoping a monster like Mario Williams drops.

Now on to D'Brick. He's had some minor injury issues I guess, but who hasn't. I don't think there is any comparison of D'Brick to Mike Williams. They are completely different players. One negative on Williams coming out of college was that he had played right tackle in college (which happened to be the blind side of the Texas QB). There are a few technique differences, the two positions essentially beibng mirror images of each other. You basically switch sides for eveerything you do. Whether the demands on Williams at RT in college were the same as for a LT is debatable. It depends on what defences did. If everyone switched sides so Williams always faced the other team's best pass rusher, it should not have been difficult for him to play LT. Obviously he never made the switch and it further became obvious that he was struggling some at RT. I don't know whether it was lack of dedication, lack of intelligence (he didn't have a superlative Wonderlic score), or just plain lack of talent. In any case he is a physical monster, hardly the lean type of tackle D'Brick is. D'Brick's forte is said to be pass blocking while Mike Williams was run blocking. D'Brick is supposed to have superior technique. Mike Williams was not a great technician but was supposed to have brute strength.

I think the assertion that D'Brick is going to have trouble agains overpoweringly strong NFL defensive ends is weak. DE's in the 4-3 defense are typically in the 260-270 pound range. They mostly try to beat tackles with quickness and speed. D'Brick's alleged athleticism and quick feet should enable him to match up vs NFL speed rushers far better than Mike Williams, or Marcus McNeil for that matter. Three-four defenses typically have much bigger DEs, in the 300 lb. range. That's still not a whole lot bigger than D'Brick. Occasionally you'll run across a Reggie White (RIP) who combined phenomenal size and stength with quickness and speed. Virtually everyone struggles with a hall of famer like that. I don't see that as a reason to prefer McNeil, who will struggle versus small speed rushers like Dwight Freeney.

I suspect D'Brick probably has a frame that can support another 20 lbs without losing quickness. If I didn't want the Bills to go defense in round one, I'd love for them to get their hands on him. In any case, I think D'Brick is a long shot to still be available by the time Buffalo picks, so the whole debate is probably moot.

Can anyone search the Stadium Wall for any Mike Williams chat before he was drafted?  I'd be curious to see is anyone had questions about his ability/charecter.  All this D'brick talk reminds me of Williams.  All we need is another fata$$ wasted #1 pick.

PTR

572764[/snapback]

I don't think you can look at a 295 lb tackle and come up with "fatass".

I admit I  have never seen this guy play so my opinion is based just on what I see/hear on the net . From what ive seen,  I would think that Marcus McNeill from Auburn is the best prospect at the OT position. But most mock drafts have McNiell going anywhere from 8 to 18 . D.Brick is always in the top 5 .

BIO :

Strengths: Exceptional athlete with all the physical tools. Remarkable speed allows him to reach second-level defenders with ease. Excellent at bending knees and shows fantastic athleticism in pass protection. Does not get beat to the edge by speed rushers, quickly recovers and stops double-move rushers. Overpowers bull rushers. Takes good angles on running plays and destroys defenders at the point of attack.

Weaknesses: Must control weight; past fluctuations are a concern. Laziness and lack of focus late in games have led to inconsistency, poor technique and sluggish play. Overconfidence causes him to underestimate opponents.

Bottom line: McNeill is massive and has tremendous ability. He has outstanding experience and is among the nation's best linemen. If he controls his weight and improves his stamina, he will be a top pick

D.Brickashaw 6-5 1/4 weighs 298 40-yard dash: 5.30

BIO :

Strengths: Has good height, continues to fill out and has room to add bulk. Has excellent wingspan. Is a rare athlete for his position. Has a powerful initial punch and will jar defenders upon contact. Has powerful upper body. Is a durable, hard-working, high-character guy. Well grounded; has priorities in order. Won't turn 22 until the season ends, but is very mature.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk. Has added weight but must get bigger. Also must prove he can handle extra pounds without losing mobility. Lacks ideal lower-body strength. Will have trouble anchoring against powerful bull rushers.

Bottom line: A starter since his freshman season, Ferguson has outstanding experience in a strong conference. He must add bulk and prove he can handle the extra mass. He also must improve his lower-body strength.

Incredibly athletic blocker who can play the left side. Didn't play as well this season as he did a year ago. Has long arms and legs. Lacks girth and power but has the frame to develop

Also D.Brick overall grade is 7.10 and Marcus is 8.3

572745[/snapback]

PFW reported in their pro prospects preview this fall that McNeill has stenosis and that he has had to alter his workout program because of it. I don't see how a team is going to spend a first round pick on a guy with a narrowing of the spine.

D'Brick is not a fat ass. Mike Williams is/was a fat ass with a history of injuries to boot.

D'Brick is a Left Tackle. Mike Williams was a Right Tackle. As of late, he was a backup guard.

Left Tackles are drafted early because they are worth their weight in gold. Mike Williams is probably the highest paid RT in football history.

Can you see the difference, or no?

573037[/snapback]

what you say is true bill....................but mike williams was the right tackle because it was chris simms blind side.chris is a lefty and that is why the thinking was that when mike matured he could be switched to left tackle.i remember the thinking that mike would be a solid cant miss pick and the left taclke that went to minnesota was supposed to have never given up a sack in college,as for me i think that was the year i wanted dwight freeny,everybody said he was too small and he would be a bust in the nfl but i liked the fact he played college in upstae ny

I admit I  have never seen this guy play so my opinion is based just on what I see/hear on the net . From what ive seen,  I would think that Marcus McNeill from Auburn is the best prospect at the OT position. But most mock drafts have McNiell going anywhere from 8 to 18 . D.Brick is always in the top 5 .

BIO :

Strengths: Exceptional athlete with all the physical tools. Remarkable speed allows him to reach second-level defenders with ease. Excellent at bending knees and shows fantastic athleticism in pass protection. Does not get beat to the edge by speed rushers, quickly recovers and stops double-move rushers. Overpowers bull rushers. Takes good angles on running plays and destroys defenders at the point of attack.

D.Brickashaw 6-5 1/4 weighs 298 40-yard dash: 5.30

BIO :

Strengths: Has good height, continues to fill out and has room to add bulk. Has excellent wingspan. Is a rare athlete for his position. Has a powerful initial punch and will jar defenders upon contact. Has powerful upper body. Is a durable, hard-working, high-character guy. Well grounded; has priorities in order. Won't turn 22 until the season ends, but is very mature.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk. Has added weight but must get bigger. Also must prove he can handle extra pounds without losing mobility. Lacks ideal lower-body strength. Will have trouble anchoring against powerful bull rushers.

Bottom line: A starter since his freshman season, Ferguson has outstanding experience in a strong conference. He must add bulk and prove he can handle the extra mass. He also must improve his lower-body strength.

Incredibly athletic blocker who can play the left side. Didn't play as well this season as he did a year ago. Has long arms and legs. Lacks girth and power but has the frame to develop

Also D.Brick overall grade is 7.10 and Marcus is 8.3

572745[/snapback]

McNeill would be rated as a top 5 pick and ahead of D'Brisck but he's had back problems.

I love the guy but he's a gamble.

I too am not urging the Bills to take D'Brick.  It think the D-line deficiency is even more accute than that of the O-line. 

573429[/snapback]

Realistically, the Bills won't be good in 2006 regardless of which line they choose to focus on. The earliest the team can get serious is 2007. So the Bills should focus on drafting offensive linemen in 2006, because those players take time to develop. Then in 2007, they could draft defensive linemen who could come in and contribute right away. With both lines under control, the Bills would have some real potential.

McNeill would be rated as a top 5 pick and ahead of D'Brisck but he's had back problems.

I love the guy but he's a gamble.

573706[/snapback]

Let's see: he's an offensive lineman with a ton of talent, but who is lazy and has weight problems. I'm trying to remember where I've heard this before . . . <_<

Ferg is a pretty dominate guy.......I didnt even realize who he was......and I was watching the bowl game and I was like man.....someone needs to get that guy .........he is a bad ass

come to realize he is one of the best ........duh.........he shows that

573381[/snapback]

In case you missed it:

OK, don't take this the wrong way, but this is about the 897,096,345th time I've seen this on this message board. For Christ's sake, people, the word is DOMINANT, as in "He will be a DOMINANT run blocker."

Sorry, end of rant.