This is what I am hearing....

SDS

So, the morning after the Levy announcement - where was everybody? Wilson in Detroit, Levy in Chicago, Modrak in Georgia(?).... Nobody around around, no one to answer to, the staff at OBD left swinging in the wind....

Contacts within the organization say the atmosphere is !@#$ed up. They are on pins and needles and that was BEFORE the MM announcement.

There is talk within the organization that Jerry Gray, knowing that he was going, may have not put forth <cough, cough> his best effort the last couple of games and maybe even made some ridiculous calls on pupose. Reportedly Sabo and him got into it because some of the coaches understood the absurdity of what Gray was doing. This may be horseshit, but the fact that people are talking about this at OBD is messed up.

MM wanted to resign last week, but was talked into staying (thus the delay into naming the HC), but after seeing how he was going to have to rebuild his staff and the lack of interest in joining a guy with a death watch - he said screw it. He had a good working relationship with TD.

Source still claims JG is gone and has been gone - doesn't understand why the lack of a public announcement. Perhaps some deal was struck, so that he was "retained" until he found other work.

That's it! It may be 100% right/wrong or a mix of the two, but that is what I heard.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I somehow cant see JG purposely making bad calls. If that ever got out, it would be career suicide. Theres still enough of the old boys network in the NFL to prevent gray from getting a job for a long time. If he really did make bad calls, say hello to the new DC of your UB Bulls, because thats about as high a profle job hes gonna get.

So, the morning after the Levy announcement - where was everybody?  Wilson in Detroit, Levy in Chicago, Modrak in Georgia(?)....  Nobody around around, no one to answer to, the staff at OBD left swinging in the wind....

Contacts within the organization say the atmosphere is !@#$ed up.  They are on pins and needles and that was BEFORE the MM announcement.

There is talk within the organization that Jerry Gray, knowing that he was going, may have not put forth <cough, cough> his best effort the last couple of games and maybe even made some ridiculous calls on pupose.  Reportedly Sabo and him got into it because some of the coaches understood the absurdity of what Gray was doing.  This may be horseshit, but the fact that people are talking about this at OBD is messed up.

MM wanted to resign last week, but was talked into staying (thus the delay into naming the HC), but after seeing how he was going to have to rebuild his staff and the lack of interest in joining a guy with a death watch - he said screw it.  He had a good working relationship with TD.

Source still claims JG is gone and has been gone - doesn't understand why the lack of a public announcement.  Perhaps some deal was struck, so that he was "retained" until he found other work.

That's it!  It may be 100% right/wrong or a mix of the two, but that is what I heard.

565016[/snapback]

thanks, scott. it all makes sense.

Interesting. I somehow cant see JG purposely making bad calls. If that ever got out, it would be career suicide. Theres still enough of the old boys network in the NFL to prevent gray from getting a job for a long time. If he really did make bad calls, say hello to the new DC of your UB Bulls, because thats about as high a profle job hes gonna get.

565022[/snapback]

Yep. That's a career killer and borders on libelous.

Ralph deserves a lot of blame for this chaos. This was handled POORLY, and in a way that could only result in other coaches around the league looking upon this organization with disdain. How the hell are we supposed to attract talent in this environment?

Dark days...dark days.

Scott, anything else? There's been so much conflicting info it's hard to understand what the truth is.

Once and for all, I think you owe it to fellow TSW-ers to tell how you're "connected" to the Bills organization to get this kind of hearsay...maybe some old-timers know, but I sure don't and would like to find out.

565027[/snapback]

I'm guessing it's because he runs the best Bills-related fan site, and people connected to him through the years.

And, yeah, I really see Scott, or anyone, divulging his sources...

Once and for all, I think you owe it to fellow TSW-ers to tell how you're "connected" to the Bills organization to get this kind of hearsay...maybe some old-timers know, but I sure don't and would like to find out.

565027[/snapback]

Ummm, no I don't. I rarely post anything of this nature and I'm pretty sure I don't have a reputation for making up inside information in order to get attention. I posted some hearsay about what was going on within OBD. Nobody has to believe it. I do not have a dog in this fight and have no ulterior motive to knowingly post incorrect information. There are no flashing ads in my posts and I am not a talk show host.

It does?  This is the most nonsensical thing to have come out so far.  A D coordinator basically throwing games makes sense?  Not saying it didn't happen, but it certainly makes no sense.

565040[/snapback]

he didn't say that!! he said people in the office are saying it to illustrate how bad the atmosphere is there.

The Gray situation makes no sense, particularly when the news media is reporting that he is one of the leading contenders for HC. Is Marv going to live in Buffalo? This new structure does not make a lot of sense to me; I can understand MM's concerns about it and the ability to attract coordinators and staff into this kind of a situation. MM ends up looking okay because the Bills wanted to retain him and he was not fired.

It does?  This is the most nonsensical thing to have come out so far.  A D coordinator basically throwing games makes sense?  Not saying it didn't happen, but it certainly makes no sense.

565040[/snapback]

I think the story that is just as big is that people are talking about this possibility from within OBD. That speaks to the chaos that is emminating from there. It does sound like BS to me, but the fact that anyone who is in charge is gone home to other states and the staff is left twisting in the wind to talk amongst themselves is telling.