Mularkey out. Haslett in?

gimme a break!! a "serious code of ethics"?? i've posted this elsewhere, but i strongly suspect that haslett was presuming that the audience he was speaking to knew that pretty much every nfl player with a ridiculously freakish weight (a phenomenon that took off in the early-mid 80s) was on steroids. he presumed it because virtually every line player was in fact juiced. now you can't say that because steroids are pretty much out of the picture, but the players make up for it by juicing up on HGH in high school and college (where there's no testing!).  put simply, everyone knows guys in the 1980s nfl who played on the lines were juiced -- they wouldn't have made it otherwise.

564146[/snapback]

Well I didn't know that Hull had a "ridiculously freakish weight." And of course I was very young in the mid-80s, but I never suspected Hull of steroids until I read what Haslett said.

And even it was implied (of which I disagree but I won't argue with you), what sense is there making it so much more public? You want to admit you did it, fine. No need to bring anyone else into it.

MHO....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

. now you can't say that because steroids are pretty much out of the picture, but the players make up for it by juicing up on HGH in high school and college (where there's no testing!). 

564146[/snapback]

If you think steroids are out of the picture in todays NFL you are nuts.

Go look at a tape of Superbowl 25 and then watch the playoffs this weekend. The players are TINY compared to today.

Yes, the NFL has a steroid policy which is better than MLB. But, they still don't test for HGH. The NFL has a better image than baseball, but it is just as dirty, if not more so.

The thing is, no one cares about NFL records and people like bigger, more violent hits, so fans don't really care if NFL players juice, not like they do in baseball.

Please hire sherman or I don't know why but have a good feeling about Mangini from NE. We missed the last two hires from there and they turned out pretty good, would hate to miss out on the nexy espacially if it is to the JETS!!!!

564162[/snapback]

Where abouts in Orlando? I live in Deltona.

If you think steroids are out of the picture in todays NFL you are nuts.

Go look at a tape of Superbowl 25 and then watch the playoffs this weekend. The players are TINY compared to today.

Yes, the NFL has a steroid policy which is better than MLB. But, they still don't test for HGH. The NFL has a better image than baseball, but it is just as dirty, if not more so.

The thing is, no one cares about NFL records and people like bigger, more violent hits, so fans don't really care if NFL players juice, not like they do in baseball.

564168[/snapback]

HGH isn't a steroid -- it's a different sort of drug. i agree though -- there are a lot of designer drugs out there that are steroid-like. human beings are not made to be agile at a weight of 300+ pounds.

If the Bills hire that stupid, classless yutz Mike Martz, it will tell us that the Bills are finished, Ralph is clueless, and Marv doesn't have enough friends in the business who will tell him the truth.

The last time Martz was in town, he dissed the entire Bills organization. Remember that? Well, maybe Ralph doesn't.

My god what a disaster...

Haslett is the favorite.  He also said that the Bills will contact both Mike Sherman and Mike Martz about the newly opened position.

I think I would be cool with Sherman, but definetly not Martz.  No need for a coach who has ammased some of the stupidest coach's challenges ever.

564145[/snapback]

Shermans bio

Mike Sherman

HGH isn't a steroid -- it's a different sort of drug. i agree though -- there are a lot of designer drugs out there that are steroid-like. human beings are not made to be agile at a weight of 300+ pounds.

564180[/snapback]

Totally. HGH may be worse for you than steroids. The league today is dirtier in terms of drugs than it was in the 80s. It's just more "hi-tech" now. But honestly, I don't think many fans really care. Do you?

If the Bills hire that stupid, classless yutz Mike Martz, it will tell us that the Bills are finished, Ralph is clueless, and Marv doesn't have enough friends in the business who will tell him the truth.

The last time Martz was in town, he dissed the entire Bills organization. Remember that? Well, maybe Ralph doesn't.

564181[/snapback]

Agreed. On all counts.

Plus we have ONE co-ordinator worth a damn on this team, Bobby April. Let's go ahead and fire probably the one coach that he can't get along with.. B-)

I'd love to see Mike Sherman in Buffalo.

564191[/snapback]

Big time Sherman fan here. I was bummed that Buffalo kept Mularky after knowing that MS was gone from GB and was available but now, at least we have a shot!

564181[/snapback]

I didn't know that Martz interviewed here before, could you fill me in on what happened?

Haslett is the favorite.  He also said that the Bills will contact both Mike Sherman and Mike Martz about the newly opened position.

I think I would be cool with Sherman, but definetly not Martz.  No need for a coach who has ammased some of the stupidest coach's challenges ever.

564145[/snapback]

I don't know who but none of the above.

I'd love to see Mike Sherman in Buffalo.

564191[/snapback]

It would seem to me that Mike Sherman has the best credentials of any HC candidate out there now. With 10 openings, he is probably the favorite in each city.

We are not known for winning bidding wars.

Someone give me a reason he would come here even if we wanted him (which I am sure we do).

BTW, we do have to interview a minority candidate. Who will that be?

Sherman has good background, like that Ron Wolf hired him in GB. Has worked with Holmgren. Only thing that concerns me is #4 would not be coming with him.

He wouldnt? Ya know, this is almost perfect. Losman needs a good mentor, and there is nobody he loves more than brett. Brett loves Sherman. Sherman is a good coach (one of the best available proven coaches). Not that I can see Brett leaving GB, but if he goes anywhere, its whever sherman goes.

This unfairly leaves Holcomb out in the cold..but its not the first time for that!