QB prospect

OGTEleven

I've heard from a number of sources at OBD (I can't name them) that we have our eye on an unreal QB prospect.

3 years ago there was a very highly touted HS QB that was recruited by ALL the top schools. His name is Brent Schufflof. He went for 1 year to Austin Peay because his mom fell ill and it is near his home. His dad had left the family 3 years before. After his freshman year his mom died and he had to work his way through school and tend to his two younger siblings. They are now safely in college and his dad is back in the picture. He is eligible for the draft. He is WAY under the radar. We are likely to get him in the 5th if he is not the subject of some press article hyping him.

Keep your eyes open.

I used to love to go to Austin Peay games...the cheer there was (no kidding) "Go Peay!"  I think the qb is our annual Zachee Wadood choice.

562096[/snapback]

It helps if you tell people that Peay rhymes with Peeee.

I've heard from a number of sources at OBD (I can't name them) that we have our eye on an unreal QB prospect.

3 years ago there was a very highly touted HS QB that was recruited by ALL the top schools.  His name is Brent Schufflof.  He went for 1 year to Austin Peay because his mom fell ill and it is near his home.  His dad had left the family 3 years before.  After his freshman year his mom died and he had to work his way through school and tend to his two younger siblings.  They are now safely in college and his dad is back in the picture.  He is eligible for the draft.  He is WAY under the radar.  We are likely to get him in the 5th if he is not the subject of some press article hyping him.   

Keep your eyes open.

562086[/snapback]

schufflof (as in "shuffle off") gave it away. better luck next time.

3 years ago there was a very highly touted HS QB that was recruited by ALL the top schools.  His name is Brent Schufflof.  He went for 1 year to Austin Peay because his mom fell ill and it is near his home.  His dad had left the family 3 years before.  After his freshman year his mom died and he had to work his way through school and tend to his two younger siblings.  They are now safely in college and his dad is back in the picture.  He is eligible for the draft.  He is WAY under the radar.  We are likely to get him in the 5th if he is not the subject of some press article hyping him.   

Keep your eyes open.

562086[/snapback]

Wasn't that the backstory for "Necessary Roughness" starring Scott Bakula and Sinbad?

Buffalo has already re-signed Tory Woodbury (training camp last summer) and signed Craig Ochs who graduated from division 1AA Montana last year. That doesn't mean they couldn't draft another guy and bump someone they've already signed, but they're definitely not putting all their eggs in one basket.

Way under the radar is right. I googled his name and came up empty. Usually you'd expect something to pop up in old high school records or something.

Buffalo has already re-signed Tory Woodbury (training camp last summer) and signed Craig Ochs who graduated from division 1AA Montana last year.  That doesn't mean they couldn't draft another guy and bump someone they've already signed, but they're definitely not putting all their eggs in one basket.

Way under the radar is right.  I googled his name and came up empty.  Usually you'd expect something to pop up in old high school records or something.

562464[/snapback]

:D:lol::flirt: