FYI

udonkey

I was just working on setting up my vacation for this year and discovered that the 2006 NFL Opening Weekend begins on Thursday, Sept. 7, with most games being played on Sunday, Sept. 10.

Heres to hoping that we'll have ANOTHER home opener (although I'm a doubter)

I was just working on setting up my vacation for this year and discovered that the 2006 NFL Opening Weekend begins on Thursday, Sept. 7, with most games being played on Sunday, Sept. 10.

Heres to hoping that we'll have ANOTHER home opener (although I'm a doubter)

560346[/snapback]

Maybe a tough road game to start the season, would be better for this team...I would much prefer to have a schedule that is back loaded with home games, than the other way around. Besides, it seems that if the Bills start out strong at home, they fizzle around week 3....I like the idea of starting on the road against a strong opponent...maybe not the Patriots, but maybe Miami. Starting out with a good road win might do this team a world of good!

Maybe a tough road game to start the season, would be better for this team...I would much prefer to have a schedule that is back loaded with home games, than the other way around.  Besides, it seems that if the Bills start out strong at home, they fizzle around week 3....I like the idea of starting on the road against a strong opponent...maybe not the Patriots, but maybe Miami.  Starting out with a good road win might do this team a world of good!

560589[/snapback]

playing Miami in early Sept. is never a good idea...

how can the opponents already be determined?

14 of 16 opponents through 2009 have been determined since 2002.

The other 2 get decided once the previous season's standings are final.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents

is buffalo playing KC this year?

No, Buffalo only plays San Diego from the AFC West this year.

I think the Bills will either start on the road against the Ravens or at home against the Chargers. Ralph wouldn't want to start at home against a division rival as a homeopener is sure sellout, and so are most divisional games.

Here's all of their road opponents for '06. If they open the season on the road where would you most like it to be?

Dolphins

Jets

Patriots

Texans

Lions

Colts

Bears

Ravens

560673[/snapback]

Aside from the Bears and the Colts, that is a pretty good road schedule. Maybe a Thanksgiving game this year?

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents

No, Buffalo only plays San Diego from the AFC West this year.

560682[/snapback]

Might as well...

At home:

Miami - Win

New England - Loss

N.Y. Jets - Win

Jacksonville - Loss

Tennessee - Win (homecoming from Travis)

Green Bay - Win

Minnesota - Win

San Diego - Loss [of course, they are beatable if LT is taking the week off]

(5-3 at home)

Road games...

Miami - Loss

New England - Loss

N.Y. Jets - Win

Houston -Win

Indianapolis - Loss

Chicago - Loss

Detroit -Win

Baltimore - Win

(4-4 on the road)

9-7 on the season.

Here's all of their road opponents for '06. If they open the season on the road where would you most like it to be?

Dolphins

Jets

Patriots

Texans

Lions

Colts

Bears

Ravens

560673[/snapback]

get the colt game out of the way right off

Aside from the Bears and the Colts, that is a pretty good road schedule. Maybe a Thanksgiving game this year?

560719[/snapback]

50% chance of playing on Thanksgiving this year. The Lions played an NFC team this season, so they must play an AFC team in '06. It's either the Bills or Dolphins.

50% chance of playing on Thanksgiving this year. The Lions played an NFC team this season, so they must play an AFC team in '06. It's either the Bills or Dolphins.

561066[/snapback]

While it might technically be a 50% chance of a Thanksgiving game this year I can't imagine that the networks would choose the Bills over the Phins for a nationally televised game. Particularly against the lowly Lions. I'm guessing most of the nation wouldn't tune in to see the Bills @ Detroit. Hell, I'm a Bills fan and that sounds like a terrible matchup.

playing Miami in early Sept. is never a good idea...

560595[/snapback]

What I like about an early road game in Miami is that it usually translates into a December home game against them.

That being said, after I saw the Bills performance against Tampa in that Florida heat and humidity early this season, it may require the Bills getting Rusty back!

Dolphins

Jets

Patriots

Texans

Lions

Colts

Bears

Ravens

560673[/snapback]

Maybe we'll start out in Houston in 2006, like the Texans did in Buffalo in 2005.