Gray speaking of self in third person...

Wiz

From his interview with Houston, "I’m going to go back(to Buffalo) and the head coach and myself will sit down and talk and we’re going to see where he wants to go. And if it fits for Jerry, then fine. If it don’t, then Jerry’s got to adjust."

I'm sure somebody else can articulate it better than I, but this guy just isn't quite right for a leadership role. I think he piggybacked on Lebeau and, one year out, he lost his way.

From his interview with Houston, "I’m going to go back(to Buffalo) and the head coach and myself will sit down and talk and we’re going to see where he wants to go.  And if it fits for Jerry, then fine.  If it don’t, then Jerry’s got to adjust."

I'm sure somebody else can articulate it better than I, but this guy just isn't quite right for a leadership role.  I think he piggybacked on Lebeau and, one year out, he lost his way.

558766[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read that!! He comes off as an arogant bafoon!!! :unsure:

Its funny, we found out how good and valuable he really was when Lebeau left.............Obvously,He`s the guy that should of been fired the second the season was over,but noooo! they get rid of Krumrie??.......and now we wait in antisapation for this knucklehead? he`s a dime a dozen in this league....................This organization is plain WHAAAKOOOOOOOO!....its a wonder why we suck bowl movements each year!

From his interview with Houston, "I’m going to go back(to Buffalo) and the head coach and myself will sit down and talk and we’re going to see where he wants to go.  And if it fits for Jerry, then fine.  If it don’t, then Jerry’s got to adjust."

558766[/snapback]

I agree. I hate when people speak in the third person. Only boxers should be dumb enough to speak like that.

I agree.  I hate when people speak in the third person.  Only boxers should be dumb enough to speak like that.

558831[/snapback]

Reminds me of the "The Jimmy" episode from Seinfeld.

Jimmy: "Jimmy won't forget you Kramer...Jimmy holds grudges. Let Jimmy Go"....

Its funny, we found out how good and valuable he really was when Lebeau left.............Obvously,He`s the guy that should of been fired the second the season was over,but noooo! they get rid of Krumrie??.......and now we wait in antisapation for this knucklehead? he`s a dime a dozen in this league....................This organization is plain WHAAAKOOOOOOOO!....its a wonder why we suck bowl movements each year!

558818[/snapback]

Please, enough with the "why did we fire Krumrie?" lament. Our defensive line has hardly been something to crow about. :unsure:

those who refer to themselves in the third person tend to be a combination of two things: self-centered, and yet insecure about their intelligence. I have doubted Jerry Gray's smarts as soon as Greggo left. GWilliams is an excellent DC. I still think that JG did it in 03 thanks to LeBeau and he did it last year thanks in large part to a lack of injuries and 4 games against hapless teams that the defense used to stroke their statistics. We weren't really as good as #2 overall last year, but it helps when you get the browns without a coach or quarterback, and the 9ers with the same situation. Those two games alone could have propelled a team from the middle of the pack to the top five, statistically.

What matters most is, what does your defense do when it matters most, not what does your team do when they're playing lesser teams.

Again, unless the coaches we have can match wits with Belichick, what are we doing? This team needs to be built specifically to that purpose. Matching wits with the master in our division. Levy can help. Wyche can help. I'm not so sure about Jerry Gray.

He is a lousy DC and needs to go.

He lines up his defensive ends practically on the sidelines, thsi with DTs who provide little to absolutely no pass rush.

Enough said.

558814[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of his style, but if he were lousy, the teams back when we had Adams and Williams wouldnt have had good defenses, because he would have screwed that up. He wasn't able to compensate for the loss of Williams- some DC's could, but not too many.

Wade Phillips may be the best DC I've seen

Reminds me of the "The Jimmy" episode from Seinfeld.

Jimmy: "Jimmy won't forget you Kramer...Jimmy holds grudges. Let Jimmy Go"....

558837[/snapback]

I always wondered if they were referring to Jim Kelly in that episode. I remember Kelly talking in third person a lot at that time (Superbowls) and it sounded bad. I was so happy he was our QB and that faded in time.

I'm sure somebody else can articulate it better than I, but this guy just isn't quite right for a leadership role.  I think he piggybacked on Lebeau and, one year out, he lost his way.

558766[/snapback]

MOSES MALONE revisited--but u can forgive Moses

I always wondered if they who referring to Jim Kelly in that episode. I remember Kelly talking in third person a lot at that time (Superbowls) and it sounded bad. I was so happy he was our QB and that faded in time.

558983[/snapback]

Jim Kelly---according to most who know/knew him--is a complete horses ass.

Buffalo(generally) tolerates him cuz he won and because he is a tough blue collar guy who stuck around Buffalo.

I always wondered if they who referring to Jim Kelly in that episode. I remember Kelly talking in third person a lot at that time (Superbowls) and it sounded bad. I was so happy he was our QB and that faded in time.

558983[/snapback]

Yeah, Jim Kelly was basically a retard. But since he was tough, had a cannon and knew how to win games, we forgave him.

JoeF thinks that Jerry Gray is a genius. JoeF believes that Mike Mularkey and Marv Levy would be very intelligent to retain Jerry Gray.

JoeF believes that the pronouns that refer to JoeF should never be used again.

In the words of Bugs Bunny, what a maroon.....we had a real brain trust on the Defensive Side of the ball....I know its difficult to replace two studs (Pat Williams and TKO) -- but other teams do it..hell NE won a super bowl with a WR at CB...Sweet Jesus-

The Texans won't hire Gray (Duh); The Lions won't Hire Gray (Duh); We won't retain Gray (Duh)-- he will be on Williams' staff next year as DB coach--right where he belongs...