If the top 7 players are gone at our pick....

Who would you take?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take?

• CB Jimmy Williams
    • S Michael Huff
    • OT Marcus McNeill
    • DT Rodrique Wright
    • RB Deangelo Williams
    • LB Chad Greenway
    • DE Mathias Kiwanuka
    • TE Pope/Lewis/Davis

Just in case the first seven picks are Bush, Leinart, Young, Ferguson, Williams, Hawk and Ngata and we can't trade down do you reach and pick Kiwanku or Wright?

Do gamble on taking another massive OT who may not be able to handle the speed of DE's in the NFL (McNeill)?

Do take away the franchise/trade option for Clements and draft his replacement (Williams) or better yet, do you draft Vincent's replacement and free up cap space when you release him (Huff)?

Do you draft an insurance policy for TKO or (If you're lucky) simply upgrade the SLB position and jettison Posey?

Do you add a second TE who can be the dominant TE in the conference for years to come since Everett will not allow teams to double both of them?

I think these are somethings we should really think about because odds are these will likely be whose left when we pick.

Just in case the first seven picks are Bush, Leinart, Young, Ferguson, Williams, Hawk and Ngata and we can't trade down do you reach and pick Kiwanku or Wright?

558047[/snapback]

Kiwi. I might take Wright in the 2nd round, depends on who else was on the board at the time.

another option.... Interesting mock:

Mock Draft

558079[/snapback]

6-San Francisco 49ers: D’Brickashaw Ferguson OT UVA: Jonas Jennings was a major stiff and Alex Smith was running for his life all season. Jennings can move

to RT or inside and be more effective. This is frankly a bad pick, but the 49ers haven’t shown that they can pick well. :D

It's a lock that a team or two ahead of us will do something stupid, so at least one or two of the top 7 will be there at #8. The Bills could also trade up or add another 1st round pick and/or do something stupid at #8 themselves. Nobody really knows at this point as some players will move up or down based on the scouting combine or a player or two may get arrested before the draft. If Huff was there at #8, I'd take him.

another option.... Interesting mock:

Mock Draft

558079[/snapback]

Is this drafted a complete idiot? They lose all credibility when...

1. They state that LJ shelton is still on the cards :D

2. They have the cowpokes trading for charles rogers, then drafting Santonio holmes in the 1st...

Gosh...frickin idiot!

Is this drafted a complete idiot? They lose all credibility when...

1. They state that LJ shelton is still on the cards :D

2. They have the cowpokes trading for charles rogers, then drafting Santonio holmes in the 1st...

Gosh...frickin idiot!

558223[/snapback]

I didn't even look at the other team's picks besides Buff

I love Jimmy Williams talent...but they guy is a first class jerk...think Nate Clements, Version 2.0. 

I dont know what the love affair with Kiwi is, I've watched that guy play this year and have never been that impressed.

558387[/snapback]

Hasn't he been injured with a high ankle sprain most of the year?

Maybe that's why you're not too impressed, perhaps?

It's a lock that a team or two ahead of us will do something stupid, so at least one or two of the top 7 will be there at #8. The Bills could also trade up or add another 1st round pick and/or do something stupid at #8 themselves.  Nobody really knows at this point as some players will move up or down based on the scouting combine or a player or two may get arrested before the draft. If Huff was there at #8, I'd take him.

558212[/snapback]

Right. which is why i'm saying if these are the players available. I think everyone would agree if Ngata, Williams or Ferguson drop we'll be taking the,

This is more of a "worst-case who would you take" poll.