Bye Bye Blackmon, Szabo,Verducci

Given the wholesale change on D, I'm guessing that the new DC will be announced very shortly with his own crew.

And this evening, ladies & gentlemen, the role of Rasputin will be played by Chuck Lester.

Chuck Lester = Having nude, incriminating pictures of Ralph Wilson

557696[/snapback]

BGIM -- you just made my stomach turn....and for some reason I had the irresistible urge to find some Niagara Spray Starch and a hot Iron..

Under Jerry Gray/assistants this defense took a step (or 12) backwards this year. I don't really care who is kept on Defensive staff right now...

As for Chuck Lester, he's been there since Marv hasn't he, so now it's like homecoming.... I think Moulds will probably be kept if possible since he's the last Player Marv coached on this team - and I'd be curious how many if any more are in the league...

I bet that Jerry Gray asked them (or OBD extended the courtesy) of not letting him go until after he interviewed in Houston. Would kind of look bad for him if he were axed the day before his interview.

557870[/snapback]

Plus, we might ask for compensation.

An empty water bottle would do.

Given the wholesale change on D, I'm guessing that the new DC will be announced very shortly with his own crew.

And this evening, ladies & gentlemen, the role of Rasputin will be played by Chuck Lester.

557692[/snapback]

When the "talks aren't going well between Wilson and Mularkey" quotes were coming out, the general consensus semed to be MM had guys he wanted to keep. I'm beginning to think it went the other way, with MM telling Wilson he might as well fire him now if he wasn't going to be able to bring in a defensive staff more to his personal preference. (Like, maybe, being able to generate some semblance of a passrush without blitzing on darn near every play?)

At this point, playing some 3-4 next season wouldn't surprise me. (Not necessarily saying I'd AGREE with the idea, but I won't be shocked if I see movement in that direction.) Wade Phillips managed to convert the SD defense in a single offseason, and Mularkey watched an awful lot of good 3-4 D while he was in Pittsburgh...

Right now, just something to keep an eye on vis-a-vis personnel decisions.

Very nice, with the Rasputin reference.. :D

At this point, playing some 3-4 next season wouldn't surprise me. (Not necessarily saying I'd AGREE with the idea, but I won't be shocked if I see movement in that direction.) Wade Phillips managed to convert the SD defense in a single offseason, and Mularkey watched an awful lot of good 3-4 D while he was in Pittsburgh...

558037[/snapback]

I suspect the 3-4 is probably coming back, too, but that leaves us really thin at LB...

I suspect the 3-4 is probably coming back, too, but that leaves us really thin at LB...

558042[/snapback]

Free-agent LBs can be found. Bigger problem might be, the Bills have been drafting 4-3 linemen for the last five years... not sure how many of them would be a good fit.

Justin Bannan - the second coming of Jeff Wright? Yikes.

Free-agent LBs can be found. Bigger problem might be, the Bills have been drafting 4-3 linemen for the last five years... not sure how many of them would be a good fit.

Justin Bannan - the second coming of Jeff Wright? Yikes.

558045[/snapback]

<Shudder> :D