another Mock Draft...i LIKE this one!

OnTheRocks

Only thing is I don't think we're picking 8th in the 2nd & 3rd rounds.

557379[/snapback]

that would be news to me. i don't know....never heard that before.

i know it is just a nutty dream but how sweet would it be to get those two DT's in the third?!?!

If we can get Jason Avant with one of our picks in the 3rd round, we better do so. Jason will be what the organization always hoped Josh Reed would become -- a solid underneath possession receiver. He's not fast, but he get's open, catches the ball, and takes a hit.

Looks like a draft I would be VERY happy with!

'Brick

CB

DT

DT

I guess this drafting system assumes we lose Clements.

557404[/snapback]

Considering that the last DT's we drafted in the 3rd round(Edwards and Anderson) turned out to be mediocre at best, we better look higher in the draft for a DT or find a DT starter in F/A or via trade.

Won't DUSTY DVORACEK fail the character test?  I remember something about him getting into some trouble, don't I?

557449[/snapback]

Hmm. Lemme see:

He's not a huge run stuffer (6-3, 295 or so), got kicked off the team last year, has had numerous fights and alcohol-related incidents in school...

Nope. No character issues here.

This will never happen. Yes I can see D'Brick falling to the Bills that is cool. There is no way that Broderick Bunkley falls to the 3rd round. A lot of people now think he is the 2nd best DT in the draft and could go in the teens let alone the 3rd round. As for the top 5, thats very original(not saying bad) Maroney was my only surprise out of there. There is news coming out of Nashville which might surprise a lot of people. The Titans have continously brought in Jay Cutler for meetings with their staff. Word is the Titans want to find a trading partner with somebody(recently Arizona) to trade down so they can get Cutler and Arizona can get Young. Also if Tennessee is unable to find a draft partner they would seriously consider drafting Jay Cutler with the 3rd pick in the draft.

PICK#: 4

LAURENCE MARONEY (HB) - MINNESOTA

:w00t:

557542[/snapback]

i have seen him listed in multiple places in the top 10. if a team drafts based on "meed" it could happen (although I agree it isn't likely)......and the Jets certainly need one.

This will never happen. Yes I can see D'Brick falling to the Bills that is cool. There is no way that Broderick Bunkley falls to the 3rd round. A lot of people now think he is the 2nd best DT in the draft and could go in the teens let alone the 3rd round. As for the top 5, thats very original(not saying bad) Maroney was my only surprise out of there. There is news coming out of Nashville which might surprise a lot of people. The Titans have continously brought in Jay Cutler for meetings with their staff. Word is the Titans want to find a trading partner with somebody(recently Arizona) to trade down so they can get Cutler and Arizona can get Young. Also if Tennessee is unable to find a draft partner they would seriously consider drafting Jay Cutler with the 3rd pick in the draft.

557512[/snapback]

It does seem strange that he would drop to the third, however I must admit that there were several DT's picked before him that I'm not familiar with.