Willis made the "Worst List" of 2005

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me Willis is not the type of "character" guy Marv likes. He'll get my vote for the first guy in Marv's dog house.

557156[/snapback]

Maybe. But Marv has a great way of getting these kind of "me-me" guys to buy into what he's selling. It will be interesting to watch their relationship develop.

In the end, the media and fans have taken off running with the "I am the best in the NFL" comment. Willis did utter those words, but taken in context, he also listed LT, Edge, and Portis as great backs. When asked which one was the best, Willis said something along the lines of, "I think I am the best. You always have to walk on the field thinking you are the best."

The fact that Willis finished 10th in the NFL in rushing with 1247 yards behind a pathetic, makeshift line, and without a complementary passing attack, seems like he did pretty well. He would have had more than 5 TD's if MM didn't have a love affair with Shelton when they get inside the 5-yard line.

I guess what I'm saying is that Willis didn't have a great year, but he was not the reason we were 5-11. He doesn't deserve to be above the Vikings cruise as an "Ugly" part of the NFL season. If the media wasn't so obsessed with him saying that he was the best, it would be looked at as a solid year.

I think the bills do a bit too much of thinking they're the best. Who can forget the defense meditating on their place in NFL History before the season?

Hey geniuses, you need to at least make the playoffs to be considered historic.

There's no doubt that willis was disappointing on a couple levels, but he never had any of the big holes that the more productive backs had, either. It's a tough call, but if we could get a 1st and a 3rd for Willis, I think you have to make that trade. I question his heart. He just says some stupid and selfish things sometimes.

In the end, the media and fans have taken off running with the "I am the best in the NFL" comment.  Willis did utter those words, but taken in context, he also listed LT, Edge, and Portis as great backs.  When asked which one was the best, Willis said something along the lines of, "I think I am the best.  You always have to walk on the field thinking you are the best."

The fact that Willis finished 10th in the NFL in rushing with 1247 yards behind a pathetic, makeshift line, and without a complementary passing attack, seems like he did pretty well.  He would have had more than 5 TD's if MM didn't have a love affair with Shelton when they get inside the 5-yard line.

I guess what I'm saying is that Willis didn't have a great year, but he was not the reason we were 5-11. He doesn't deserve to be above the Vikings cruise as an "Ugly" part of the NFL season.  If the media wasn't so obsessed with him saying that he was the best, it would be looked at as a solid year.

557194[/snapback]

Do you know what Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, and Kevin Jones have in common? I'll bet someone out there does.

No, Willis is not the sole reason we're 5-11. What he is, though, is a young guy who should do more on the field (production) and less off the field (bragging on himself). Let's all hope for a clean slate in 2006.

In the end, the media and fans have taken off running with the "I am the best in the NFL" comment.  Willis did utter those words, but taken in context, he also listed LT, Edge, and Portis as great backs.  When asked which one was the best, Willis said something along the lines of, "I think I am the best.  You always have to walk on the field thinking you are the best."

557194[/snapback]

This continues to be bothersome to me, right up to the second to last game when one of the announcers commented that Willis was the "self-proclaimed" best back in the league. It implies he called a press conference on his front yard to spread the news.

This is a perfect example of how irresponsible the media has become.

This continues to be bothersome to me, right up to the second to last game when one of the announcers commented that Willis was the "self-proclaimed" best back in the league. It implies he called a press conference on his front yard to spread the news.

557214[/snapback]

I would not say irresponsible. I would say TOTAL MORONIC!

Everything these days are focused to the Drama Queens we have in the country! About 80% of the population in the USA.

There is never any "Good Things" that come from the news. Everything is drawn out so somebody gets a million dollar movie/book deal or the best rating draw of the evening.

Willis should of never answered that question on who is the best back. But how do you make the correct answer on the question? Everyone thinks their the best at what they do and that makes you better at what you do. 90% mental 10% do!

I support Willis's answer to the question and the Media can go blow a dirty goat

It will not stop until everyone quits feeding into it....

1247 yards in a 16 game season isn't so great. averages out to about 78 yards per game. 1000 yards should no longer be the measuring stick for a good or better running back. I can think of several times when he was stuffed on successive carries for no gain. Granted the OL is poor at best, but great backs find a way to gain yards when they have to. His attitude is questionable at best.

Personally I'm wondering if McGahee will ever be any better than he is now. He shows no ability to break the long run and doesn't seem to have gotten his speed back after the injury. He doesn't make people miss, he runs through them sometimes. He just might be a Travis Henry clone without the fumbles.

I think next year will be the proving ground. The OL should be better, I'm guessing the play calling will be better and then there will be excuses. He either shows or doesn't.

...The fact that Willis finished 10th in the NFL in rushing with 1247 yards behind a pathetic, makeshift line, and without a complementary passing attack, seems like he did pretty well....

557194[/snapback]

557214[/snapback]

Exactly

The ultimate irony here is that had Willis had the 1000+ yard season, and a decent number of touchdowns to match, Rosenslut would have, and could have renegotiated a contract which Willis would have got. Now, maybe this will motivate him to play and work hard.

I like Willis, I think he is going to be amazing. The problem all year with the Bills was lack of leadership. I'm hoping Marv can bring that back.

Well, there is always next year.

Do you know what Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, and Kevin Jones have in common?  I'll bet someone out there does.

No, Willis is not the sole reason we're 5-11.  What he is, though, is a young guy who should do more on the field (production) and less off the field (bragging on himself).  Let's all hope for a clean slate in 2006.

557213[/snapback]

I know .... I know ... I know ......

Each one missed playing time this year due to injury ......... But would have had more yards than Willis if they had played all year.

I know .... I know ... I know ......

Each one missed playing time this year due to injury ......... But would have had more yards than Willis if they had played all year.

557256[/snapback]

Actually, they're the only RBs of the league's top 30 rushers that have a worse yards per rush average than Willis. Are we to believe that every team except the Ravens, Jets, Patriots, Lions, and Bills have good offensive lines?

The fact that Willis finished 10th in the NFL in rushing with 1247 yards behind a pathetic, makeshift line, and without a complementary passing attack, seems like he did pretty well.  He would have had more than 5 TD's if MM didn't have a love affair with Shelton when they get inside the 5-yard line. 

I guess what I'm saying is that Willis didn't have a great year, but he was not the reason we were 5-11.  He doesn't deserve to be above the Vikings cruise as an "Ugly" part of the NFL season.  If the media wasn't so obsessed with him saying that he was the best, it would be looked at as a solid year.

557194[/snapback]

exactly what I was thining....