Goodbye Eric Moulds

Rico

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1- Moulds (and Sam Adams btw) has patched up his relationship with MM by both accounts. EM made it obvious (or so I would have thought :doh: ) in his play since returning as well as his demeaner on the sidelines with Mike. Sooooo.... Moulds is certainly atleast a possibility to remain.

2- Levy has since commented on multiple occasions that his former policy on rookies is not something that could exist in today's NFL.

Carry on. :doh:

Am I missing something? Did Trey Teague have a bad year or something? I thought he did fine. Focus on the Guards and Tackles in my opinion.

554538[/snapback]

Teague was hurt, lousy, or ineffective during the entire season, IMO. But often when your guard play on either side of you is weak trying to compensate, your play as center looks weaker. He had problems on both sides of him for most of the year.

Teague was hurt, lousy, or ineffective during the entire season, IMO. But often when your guard play on either side of you is weak trying to compensate, your play as center looks weaker. He had problems on both sides of him for most of the year.

554544[/snapback]

Given the year Willis McGahee had - I'm not sure that any offensive lineman can be described as having had a good year. Turning McGahee into one of the worst backs in the League had to have taken a team effort by Willis, the Line, and the Coaches.....

JDG

If Marv becomes the GM and head of football operations, who wins out?  The guy who loves Moulds and runs the club, or the lame duck Meathead coach?

553780[/snapback]

If Marv comes back Moulds WILL probably stay in Buffalo. Also it seems Ralph likes Moulds in Buffalo.

What is Seattle's cap like Bill? I'd love Hutchinson, but ya gotta figure Bently may want out. I'd kill for either one..........

555129[/snapback]

Last season, Seattle gave Walter Jones AND Hasselback contracts that totaled almost 100 million dollars. Deals such as these are always softer on the cap in year 1 because players generally take a small first year salary. They can do so because of the signing bonus. In year 2, the cap costs generally escalate.

As I recall, Alexander holds the "franchise tag," and he and the team have an agreement that it will not be used on him in 06. In short, it will cost them a ton to keep him.

As for Hutch, it is certainly hard to imagine the Seahawks letting him go. Money would not be a problem (they are owned by Paul Allen), but cap room could certainly effect their ability to keep him.

Imo, for the Bills to get Hutchinson, they would have to make him the highest paid Guard in the NFL. He would have to be thinking of pure cash to come to a team like this and leave a winner behind. I am not sure, but I believe that Ruben Brown was one of, if not the highest paid OGs in the league.

The biggest stumbling block would be for the Seahawks to tag Hutch, a likely move given the comparitively low salary that OGs earn. The thing is that if they do this, his entire salary would count toward the cap.

In all, it is unlikely that we will get Hutch, but he could do wonders for this team if we were to get lucky. I am going to keep hoping until the bubble is burst. :doh:

Just checked out some of the O-Line UFAs for this upcoming season, any one of these guys I'd be happy to get:

Ephraim Salaam, OT from Jags

Jeff Backus, OT from Lions

Jon Runyan, OT from Eagles

Rex Tucker, OT from Rams

Tom Ashworth, OT from Patriots

Steve Hutchinson, OG from Seahawks

Terrence Metcalf, OG from Bears

Tom Nutten, OG from Rams

Toniu Fonoti, OG from Vikings

ESPECIALLY Backus and Fonoti

554402[/snapback]

Nutten was on the Bills as a rookie, right?