Goodbye Eric Moulds

Rico

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye Eric, Sam, London, Lawyer, Troy, Willis, and JP.  Some of you we hardly knew.

553790[/snapback]

Hard to say what will happen to these guys.

In Marv's book he had the same approach to vets as one of his coaching mentors George Allen did, which is they don't trust rookies and they love vets. If I remember correctly, Marv didn't play EM much at all as a rookie.

I think with Marv on board as GM, Moulds, Adams, London and Milloy have a very good chance to be on this roster for the 06 season.

Hard to say what will happen to these guys. 

In Marv's book he had the same approach to vets as one of his coaching mentors George Allen did, which is  they don't trust rookies and they love vets.  If I remember correctly,  Marv didn't play EM much at all as a rookie.

I  think with Marv on board as GM,  Moulds, Adams, London and Milloy have a very good chance to be on this roster for the 06 season.

553987[/snapback]

Marv liked some vets, others not so much. Remember, the team moved on from Smerlas and Devlin - both of whom were here well before he was - just as the Super Bowl run was beginning. They were vets, but not necessarily 'his' vets...

Marv doesn't have history with anyone on this roster except for Moulds, so I doubt he'd feel any extra sense of loyalty toward them. That leads me to agree with your "hard to say" analysis.

Marv doesn't have history with anyone on this roster except for Moulds, so I doubt he'd feel any extra sense of loyalty toward them. That leads me to agree with your "hard to say" analysis.

554005[/snapback]

OTOH, Moulds and the Meathead have a lot of recent history... all of it bad.

OTOH, Moulds and the Meathead have a lot of recent history... all of it bad.

554014[/snapback]

More garbage from the Troll.

What is it that drives you to come over here to stojan your pants instead of doing it on your own team's board?

Now that the Meathead is back as HC, I think we can finally close the book on Eric Moulds' career with the Bills. Goodbye Eric, happy trails, thanks for everything, & I hope you land on your feet with a winning team... in the other conference. :doh:

553774[/snapback]

Except that the guy who drafted Eric Moulds is now apparently the GM.

Maybe Marv will have him return kicks again.....

JDG

mularkey couldnt handle moulds, or sam adams..................goodbye to every proven vet eventually

553785[/snapback]

mularky handled moulds just fine, he did suspend him and even ralph didnt step in and stop mike .and now mike is still the coach......maybe eric "mans up" and they redo his contract

Marv liked some vets, others not so much. Remember, the team moved on from Smerlas and Devlin - both of whom were here well before he was - just as the Super Bowl run was beginning. They were vets, but not necessarily 'his' vets...

554005[/snapback]

Marv actually discussed the Smerlas situation in his book, he wanted to keep Fred if I remember, but he was going to have to share time with Wright? Fred couldn't accept the reduced role so he was shown the door.

I'm not sure what Marv will do, but I think he will be a good a GM, I believe he knows talent, I think he has a handle on the problems this team has, and I think he will address them. He was a good GM/coach in the CFL

I'm glad he is back in the Bills organization.

I think Marv was a great coach back in the day - and we all have a good right to remain skeptical of what he can do as GM considering he has never held the job. If the buzz around TBD is right, Modrak should be getting the bulk of the GM work, such as player evals and who to draft/trade. What Marv brings is a smart approach to player relations. MM really handled the Eric Moulds and Sam Adams issues poorly. If he had a Marv around, he could have been coached to a better way. I mean come on; Bruce, Andre and Thermo were not easy going personalities. The fact that Marv could have them all on the same page shows what he can still bring to the team. Given that, I think we might see Moulds and Adams stick around.

Now that the Meathead is back as HC, I think we can finally close the book on Eric Moulds' career with the Bills. Goodbye Eric, happy trails, thanks for everything, & I hope you land on your feet with a winning team... in the other conference. :doh:

553774[/snapback]

and may be even JP Losman, Sam Adams......Will Fletcher and Nate re-sign

with us now ?

Will the new incoming GM franchise Nate ?

How will the new GM address the OL and DL...

So many questions. The offseason has begun...though would have loved

to see MM gone....

553774[/snapback]

Thanks for all the playoff wins :doh:

Just checked out some of the O-Line UFAs for this upcoming season, any one of these guys I'd be happy to get:

Ephraim Salaam, OT from Jags

Jeff Backus, OT from Lions

Jon Runyan, OT from Eagles

Rex Tucker, OT from Rams

Tom Ashworth, OT from Patriots

Steve Hutchinson, OG from Seahawks

Terrence Metcalf, OG from Bears

Tom Nutten, OG from Rams

Toniu Fonoti, OG from Chargers

ESPECIALLY Backus and Fonoti

Just checked out some of the O-Line UFAs for this upcoming season, any one of these guys I'd be happy to get:

Ephraim Salaam, OT from Jags

Jeff Backus, OT from Lions

Jon Runyan, OT from Eagles

Rex Tucker, OT from Rams

Tom Ashworth, OT from Patriots

Steve Hutchinson, OG from Seahawks

Terrence Metcalf, OG from Bears

Tom Nutten, OG from Rams

Toniu Fonoti, OG from Vikings

ESPECIALLY Backus and Fonoti

554402[/snapback]

No LeCharles Bentley? :doh: