Goodbye Eric Moulds

Rico

Now that the Meathead is back as HC, I think we can finally close the book on Eric Moulds' career with the Bills. Goodbye Eric, happy trails, thanks for everything, & I hope you land on your feet with a winning team... in the other conference. :huh:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Meathead is back as HC, I think we can finally close the book on Eric Moulds' career with the Bills. Goodbye Eric, happy trails, thanks for everything, & I hope you land on your feet with a winning team... in the other conference. :huh:

553774[/snapback]

If Marv becomes the GM and head of football operations, who wins out? The guy who loves Moulds and runs the club, or the lame duck Meathead coach?

Now that the Meathead is back as HC, I think we can finally close the book on Eric Moulds' career with the Bills. Goodbye Eric, happy trails, thanks for everything, & I hope you land on your feet with a winning team... in the other conference.. :huh:

553774[/snapback]

If Marv is in this mix--it might be too soon to assume this..

553774[/snapback]

Moulds caught how many balls for how many yards over the last three games? Exactly how is that the picture of a receiver and head coach who can't get along?

If Moulds is gone it will be because of an inability to agree upon a reasonable cap number for a player on the downside of his career.

marv likes emo...........word......made a troubled kid.....into a great wr

553787[/snapback]

By leaving him on the bench? Moulds didn't become a full-time starter -- and Pro Bowl WR -- until Wade took over.

I thought Ralph talked to the players before making his decision.

553792[/snapback]

He was talking to the tackling dummies but no one wanted to point it out for fear of being fired. The tackling dummies' silence was all the support for Mularkey he needed.

actually, if i remember correctly, moulds was nothing but a kick returner when marv was still coaching...moulds didn't blow up until wade and flutie took over

553794[/snapback]

yes didnt marv have a policy where he didnt start rookies??? unless forced to......eric sat on the bench when marv was the coach

yes didnt marv have a policy where he didnt start rookies??? unless forced to......eric sat on the bench when marv was the coach

553815[/snapback]

Yup. In fact in Thurmans first year, Marv benched him in a game, when he was coming close to breaking the single game rushing record, because as Marv said "he wasn't going to let a rookie break a record".

Yup.  In fact in Thurmans first year, Marv benched him in a game, when he was coming close to breaking the single game rushing record, because as Marv said "he wasn't going to let a rookie break a record".

553820[/snapback]

And Holcomb's the vet QB in town...poor JP. :huh:

Yup.  In fact in Thurmans first year, Marv benched him in a game, when he was coming close to breaking the single game rushing record, because as Marv said "he wasn't going to let a rookie break a record".

553820[/snapback]

That's a pretty cool story, except for the part that's missing. You know, where TT's top rushing performance of that season (116 yards vs. the Packers) was only 157 yards short of OJ's team record...

That's a pretty cool story, except for the part that's missing. You know, where TT's top rushing performance of that season (116 yards vs. the Packers) was only 157 yards short of OJ's team record...

553837[/snapback]

:huh:

Was it his second year. I am old. But Thurman was pulled and that was Marv's excuse, that a rookie, or maybe young kid should not break that record. I actually have been trying to find the quote and find Thurmans stats from the 1st 2 years.

Anyone (other than a few here) consider the posibility that Eric Moulds' blowup happened exactly the week after "someone" in the Bills front office leaked a story that he had lost a step and may not return as Bill, given his high price tag?

:huh:

Was it his second year.  I am old.  But Thurman was pulled and that was Marv's excuse, that a rookie, or maybe young kid should not break that record.  I actually have been trying to find the quote and find Thurmans stats from the 1st 2 years.

553840[/snapback]

The only time the Thurmanator appears in the team's Top 10 single-game list is a 214-yard night vs. the Jets, 9-24-1990. Might be something about a MNF record there; let me check...

Yup, second-highest total to Bo Jackson's 221-yard game in 1987. The Bills were stomping the Jets bad enough that TT might have had a shot at OJ's 273 - he had 146 at halftime. Bet that's the game you're thinking of. Relentless doesn't have anything along the lines of that Levy quote, but here's what Thurm said:

"I wasn't even thinking about it. At this level, you can't go out and embarrass a team like that. The game was put away and there was no sense going out there and getting hurt."

(You might be old :doh: , but just because I didn't find said quote doesn't mean it didn't happen. Fair enough?)