What will Mort and Clayton say?

Corp000085

These guys are just old cronies... From reading mort's chat thread, it sounds like he's throwing blame to anyone but his "friend". They have lost all credibility with their anti-bills/pro-td/false reporting stance. Time to find some new "insiders"

These guys are just old cronies...  From reading mort's chat thread, it sounds like he's throwing blame to anyone but his "friend".  They have lost all credibility with their anti-bills/pro-td/false reporting stance.  Time to find some new "insiders"

553440[/snapback]

I think they spend a lot of time inside one another.

Have any of you stupid fu(kers put your pitchforks down long enough to consider the possibility that Mortenson is right?

Or is it just easier to shout him down because he isn't basing his opinion on your emotions like you are?

Have any of you stupid fu(kers put your pitchforks down long enough to consider the possibility that Mortenson is right?

Or is it just easier to shout him down because he isn't basing his opinion on your emotions like you are?

553477[/snapback]

What reporter with credibility actually comes out and blames the fans? You read that crap on a geocities bills webpage, not ESPN.

553477[/snapback]

If he could base HIS opinion on MY emotions he would know I just need to be held.

553477[/snapback]

I think he is basing his opinions on emotions. TD failed on two Head Coach hirings and failed to put a decent offensive line in front of the likes of Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe and JP Losman. It wasn't just bad luck as Mortenson claims. It was piss poor evaluation of talent or outright neglect.

553477[/snapback]

He's right is he?

Arizona, Houston, Detroit and Buffalo. What do they all have in common?

Clayton is on ESPN in Pittsburgh right now - says Marv would be a terrible GM - he said - could you imagine Marv dealing with Rosenhous (sp?) - it would be a disaster.

Somebody should tell that pencil necked geek Marv's duties would not include contract negotiations. :)

Hmm - a quick change to an old avatar just as TD goes out and talk of Marv coming in...

I figured the old rollercoaster would be a good fit this week. :)

TD failed on two Head Coach hirings

where he was apparently limited in his choices by Ralph Wilson.

And the jury is still out on Mularkey.

It wasn't just bad luck as Mortenson claims. It was piss poor evaluation of talent or outright neglect.

or the fact that the OLine suffered like 9 differrent injuries this year.

553477[/snapback]

I think it's easy for an "outsider" and a friend of Donahoe, such as Mortensen to look at the situation and simply say, "Well, the guy did all the right things including bringing in Bledsoe and McGahee, but 2005 was a down year" as Mort has said in his ESPN.com chats.

The truth is, it's been more than one down year. It's been a down five years. Yes at the time bringing in guys like Bledsoe and M. Williams and Milloy seemed dynamic and genius, but the fact is moves such as those did not pay off. I know it's been absolutely beaten into the ground but the OL was addressed minimally. If Donahoe was the guy who went out, looked at Gandy and Anderson (or Ganderson as I affectionately call them) and decided that "Yes those two can make up the starting left side of the line next year" then something is seriously wrong.

He made outstanding draft picks like Evans, McGee, Crowell, McGahee, Schobel, Clements and Henry but whiffed with the 4th overall pick, and on guys like Reed, Wire, Bannan, Denney, etc.

He made it clear that JP Losman will be the starting QB in 2005 no questions asked. Looking back, does that make any sense to anybody??

Also, the most important decision a GM can make is the head coach...something that Donahoe failed at TWICE. And don't give me anything about how Mularkey is unproven and he deserves more than two years or anything like that, because if that were so obvious Ralph wouldn't need days to figure out if he's going to fire or keep him.

Ralph said it himself during today's press conference. The last five years just haven't been good enough. 31 wins over FIVE seasons is not good enough. So spare me Mortensen and spare me with your pitchfork and crusade talk. The team has been incredibly mediocre since Tom Donahoe walked in the door and a change was needed, and if you can't recognize that then I guess it's your problem.

The truth is, it's been more than one down year. It's been a down five years.

If that really was the truth then people would have been calling for Donahoe's head all this time. He was often being praised as a genius until early this season.

I know it's been absolutely beaten into the ground but the OL was addressed minimally.

That's is a flat out lie. He tried a ton of different things to improve the OLine. And while Anderson has been awful, Gandy has been an excellent addition to this team.

He made it clear that JP Losman will be the starting QB in 2005 no questions asked. Looking back, does that make any sense to anybody??

Makes sens to me that you might want to get your yong freanchise QB on the field. Ralph Wilson apparently disagreed.

don't give me anything about how Mularkey is unproven and he deserves more than two years or anything like that, because if that were so obvious Ralph wouldn't need days to figure out if he's going to fire or keep him.

Yeah, let's base our opinions on Ralph's brilliant decison-mkaing.

The team has been incredibly mediocre since Tom Donahoe walked in the door and a change was needed, and if you can't recognize that then I guess it's your problem.

It's about to be all of our problem as the Bills appear to be in the process of taking several steps backwards.

Yeah, let's base our opinions on Ralph's brilliant decison-mkaing.

It's about to be all of our problem as the Bills appear to be in the process of taking several steps backwards.

553569[/snapback]

Well, if you don't like MR. WILSON'S decision making, feel free to follow Miami, or tune into some reality TV....thats menallty stimulating stuff

553569[/snapback]

There aren't that many steps behind them to move backwards. The worst team in the league finished only two games behind the Bills.

I think Donahoe is a pretty good football guy but the bottom line is he didn't get the job done. Injuries, salary cap "jail", an owner than meddled, are (perhaps) legitimate reasons (or excuses depending on how one looks at it). But the bottom line is the Bills haven't been successful during TD's entire reign here. At some point he has to be accountable.

Question: how much longer would you have given him to turn things around?

All that being said if Marv is the choice to GM this team I'd have preferred TD. Firing a guy just for the sake of firing him doesn't do it for me. Firing him only makes sense if you hire a capable replacement.