Mort is reporting

MDH

Just heard Mort on Mike and Mike this morning and he's reporting that Marv will be named the new GM and Mordrak will keep his same duties. Said that MM's job might be safe but nothing is definitive.

God help us if Marv is the new GM. Out of football for 10 years and taking a job he's never held in the NFL. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I would have preferred to have kept TD if this is the alternative.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard Mort on Mike and Mike this morning and he's reporting that Marv will be named the new GM and Mordrak will keep his same duties.  Said that MM's job might be safe but nothing is definitive.

God help us if Marv is the new GM.  Out of football for 10 years and taking a job he's never held in the NFL.  I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I would have preferred to have kept TD if this is the alternative.

551995[/snapback]

At least he didnt say Green Lantern.....imagine if we played a yellow team

Just heard Mort on Mike and Mike this morning and he's reporting that Marv will be named the new GM and Mordrak will keep his same duties.  Said that MM's job might be safe but nothing is definitive.

God help us if Marv is the new GM.  Out of football for 10 years and taking a job he's never held in the NFL.  I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I would have preferred to have kept TD if this is the alternative.

551995[/snapback]

it's as frustrating as the reading and comprehension on this board..what happened to the ron wolf idea.........it might as well been Ron Wood

maybe he'll hire kelly as the hc....thurman the oc.....and bruce smith dc......

If true, I think Marv as GM ends up as a PR appointment only. You'll see Marv at the top, but Personnel issues will be Modrak, business administration with Russ Brandon... Marv will be a spokesperson at the top, spending his days smoking cigars with Ralphie and occasionally telling the locker room war stories...

551995[/snapback]

Can you imagine? An 80 year old GM, with an 87 year old owner playing "a more active role?" Any chance of bringing back Kemp to qb?

I hope that this doesn't turn into a circus. :unsure:

I'll wait until the PC until I flip out.

551999[/snapback]

Marv in an administrative role won't make me flip out, but that's just me. :unsure: I think one of his strong suits is organization, and I think that's the main thing he'll bring to the team.

551995[/snapback]

Marv Levy was known for getting the most out of his staff and players during his tenure here. Managing this mess is something I would much rather have him do then the man who created it. He's smart and will lean heavily on Modrak when it comes to player evaluations. I love this decision. If he can get Haslett in here as the DC or HC then it already will have payed off.