DVD Live Concert Recommendations?

First - what kind of music does he like?

If he is into Metallica, he does not necessarily want the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  :pirate:

I really loved The Last Waltz by the Band, The Kids are All Right by the Who, and Live from Red Rock, by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.

552116[/snapback]

Music is all over the spectrum: He likes guitarists, but loves Gabriel, The Who, Acoustic Alchemy, Coldplay, Van Halen, with Rush as his fav (he has Rush in Rio).

Thanks, I found a good sale and got him:

1) Bela Fleck concert

2) Roger Waters "In the Flesh"

3) Dire Straits concert

4) Journey 1981 (just released)

5) Phil Collins live

6) David Gilmore live

Keep the recommendations coming. I am looking at Van Halen "Live without a Net" on the recommendation of XBenedict and the Audioslave concert based on SmokinandJokin's recommendation.

While you can't go wrong with any live Rush, I'd go with R30 if you are only going to get him one.

551467[/snapback]

Agreed, but he was looking for DVDs, and I assumed he was refering to video. Is there a video of that concert too? If so, I MUST obtain it...

Rush as his fav (he has Rush in Rio).

1 - Smart, smart man! :pirate:

2 - Highly recommend that he picks up R30. It is hands and shoulders so much better than RIR. Less multiple camera switches in a short amount of time, and the easter eggs in the Anthem Vault are priceless!!!

5) Phil Collins live

This might be a hard find, but I taped Phil Collins at the Montreux Jazz Festival in '96 on PBS. It is one of Phil's best performances, ever!

1 - Smart, smart man!  :doh:

2 - Highly recommend that he picks up R30.  It is hands and shoulders so much better than RIR.  Less multiple camera switches in a short amount of time, and the easter eggs in the Anthem Vault are priceless!!!

This might be a hard find, but I taped Phil Collins at the Montreux Jazz Festival in '96 on PBS.  It is one of Phil's best performances, ever!

552586[/snapback]

Ok seriously, if there is a video of R30 I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!

my brother got the dead at rich stadium in 89 on dvd.  watched part of it and it was pretty good.

551449[/snapback]

I doubt it isn't much fun without the "purple blotter." Only kidding, I never touched the stuff. :doh:;) I did a Rich show in '87... Wonder if they got that on DVD? I can hardly remember it. ;);)

Ahhh... My critics are probably saying: "That explains it!"

:doh:

Ok seriously, if there is a video of R30 I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!

554488[/snapback]

Get the deluxe version. They have 2 R30 versions for sale. The cheaper one is just of the DVD. The deluxe version has the DVD's, audio CD's, decent pull-out for reading, and other stuff like a fake backstage pass, and guitar picks.

Peter Gabriel....Secret World.....

I think this was from 1993 or 1994,,,but still is good, IMHO

555294[/snapback]

This is a must for Gabriel fans. It's the same concert as the Secret World Live double audio CD.