DVD Live Concert Recommendations?

While you can't go wrong with any live Rush, I'd go with R30 if you are only going to get him one.

551467[/snapback]

Agreed. R30 is a much better recommendation than Rush In Rio.

Yet I still think the best Live Concert DVD is Zep's, "How The West Was Won".

You could also look at DVD-A or SACD; I have the Metallica "Black" album on DVD-A and it sounds *amazing* (and apparantly isn't a very well done DVD-A, compared to others). You'd have to find out which format his DVD player supports.

CW

For those of you who don't know, Audioslave is lead singer Chris Cornell, formerly of Soundgarden, along with the drummer, bassist, and guitarist from what once was Rage Against the Machine. In summer of '05, they became the first American band to play a concert in Cuba since the Castro Revolution. My bro just got me the "Live in Cuba" DVD for Xmas and it is unreal. They tore up Havana. Tom Morello is fierce on the guitar. I highly recommend.

My brother's birthday is coming up and he just got a big tv connected to great speakers.  I want to get him a good concert dvd or two.  Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

551445[/snapback]

First - what kind of music does he like?

If he is into Metallica, he does not necessarily want the Trans Siberian Orchestra. :unsure:

I really loved The Last Waltz by the Band, The Kids are All Right by the Who, and Live from Red Rock, by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.