Marv Levy to come in and help?

Bflojohn

Some of you folks are simply UNREAL. Levy was one of the best things for the Bills and Buffalo in his tenure and all some of you knuckleheads want to do is mock and belittle him...

What would be wrong with bringing him in to help stabilize things? I for one like this idea. He is a man of high intelligence and integrity.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you folks are simply UNREAL.  Levy was one of the best things for the Bills and Buffalo in his tenure and all some of you knuckleheads  want to do is mock and belittle him...

What would be wrong with bringing him in to help stabilize things?  I for one like this idea.  He is a man of high intelligence and integrity.

549677[/snapback]

Have you heard him speak in the last couple years? I love the guy but I really don't want him making decisions for the Bills in 2006.

Guest BackInDaDay

It's true that the Bills were loaded with talent in Marv's tenure, but many teams have been loaded with talent and didn't play with the same intensity year after year. For me, that was Marv's greatest talent - keeping the flame lit and his team focused. No easy task, and his induction into the Hall of Fame recognizes that.

If he has been asked to join the club again, I sincerely hope it's because he has something to offer and Ralph will be willing to act on his advice. If this is just another ploy on Wilson's part to distract the fans from the sad state of the Bills, then shame on him.

Marv's an intelligent guy. He won't be asked to run the 7 on 7s! If Ralph needs an old voice to enjoin the new ones he's been listening to, who better than an icon of our successful past.

Some of you folks are simply UNREAL.  Levy was one of the best things for the Bills and Buffalo in his tenure and all some of you knuckleheads  want to do is mock and belittle him...

What would be wrong with bringing him in to help stabilize things?  I for one like this idea.  He is a man of high intelligence and integrity.

549677[/snapback]

Because it's like we're trying to live in the past. Those days are over. Dwelling on them and entertaining thoughts of bringing Marv back with Jim kelly as his OC aren't helping. Remember those years for what they were, damn good football years.

If he comes in to offer his advice, that'd be wonderful, but it can't go much further than that. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the man, but age *will* be a problem very shortly.

-Jeff

It's true that the Bills were loaded with talent in Marv's tenure, but many teams have been loaded with talent and didn't play with the same intensity year after year.  For me, that was Marv's greatest talent - keeping the flame lit and his team focused.  No easy task, and his induction into the Hall of Fame recognizes that.

If he has been asked to join the club again, I sincerely hope it's because he has something to offer and Ralph will be willing to act on his advice.  If this is just another ploy on Wilson's part to distract the fans from the sad state of the Bills, then shame on him.

Marv's an intelligent guy.  He won't be asked to run the 7 on 7s!  If Ralph needs an old voice to enjoin the new ones he's been listening to, who better than an icon of our successful past.

549716[/snapback]

My view is if Marv comes on it would as a 6- 12 month stint as interim GM to help Ralph select TD's successor. Then he gets an emeritus position for life with the Bills.

Guest BackInDaDay
Because it's like we're trying to live in the past. Those days are over. Dwelling on them and entertaining thoughts of bringing Marv back with Jim kelly as his OC aren't helping.  Remember those years for what they were, damn good football years.

If he comes in to offer his advice, that'd be wonderful, but it can't go much further than that.  I mean absolutely no disrespect to the man, but age *will* be a problem very shortly.

-Jeff

549717[/snapback]

I believe that's what Mortensen was reporting - Marv in an advisory role. At his age I doubt he'd be interested in anything more than 'big picture' issues. He may be able to help Ralph assess the current state of the team and help architect a plan for the team's future. This could involve helping the GM (TD or not) with the draft and FA to secure the personnel needed to fit the plan.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but this team is in desperate need of direction and Marv Levy may have a compass.

I believe that's what Mortensen was reporting - Marv in an advisory role.  At his age I doubt he'd be interested in anything more than 'big picture' issues.  He may be able to help Ralph assess the current state of the team and help architect a plan for the team's future.  This could involve helping the GM (TD or not) with the draft and FA to secure the personnel needed to fit the plan. 

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but this team is in desperate need of direction and Marv Levy may have a compass.

549729[/snapback]

Ok, that sounds all great and everything - of course you are a Bills fan. Do you think the 53 players (save EM) and the other coaches who couldn't give a hoot who ML is will be all that excited?

Guest BackInDaDay
Ok, that sounds all great and everything - of course you are a Bills fan.  Do you think the 53 players (save EM) and the other coaches who couldn't give a hoot who ML is will be all that excited?

549736[/snapback]

A comprehensive plan would incorporate as much of the current talent, player and coach alike, that are currently under contract. Their contract status and their specific abilities must be considered to determine if their services are necessary to the club's future.

We have a collection of talented players and coaches that under-achieved. They lost sight of what their goals were, or they were abandoned. Some saw their responsibities change, often, week to week. This rudderless ship had no fate but the rocks.

Give your coaches a workable plan and players committed to it's success.

If this is all Marv tells Ralph, I'll be happy.

This just in: I could eat 50 eggs....

Seriously, I'd be happy to see Marv come in as the new President of the Bills, and help Ralph hire a new GM and help guide the Bills back into the light (or is it avoid going into the light...?)

Have you heard him speak in the last couple years? I love the guy but I really don't want him making decisions for the Bills in 2006.

549695[/snapback]

Who? Mularky or Levy?

I'll take Levy for 1000 Alex.

At least Levy can speak in full sentances.

:unsure:

This just in: I could eat 50 eggs....

Seriously, I'd be happy to see Marv come in as the new President of the Bills, and help Ralph hire a new GM and help guide the Bills back into the light (or is it avoid going into the light...?)

549753[/snapback]

Maybe he could be HC. They said he's considering and it's likely to happen. OH I'M EXCITED. :):D:D:w00t:

:)

Maybe he could be HC. They said he's considering and it's likely to happen.  OH I'M EXCITED. :D  :D  :w00t:  :w00t:

549757[/snapback]

Maybe he could bring Jim Kelly as offensive coordinator, Frank Reich as QB coach, and Daryl Talley as defensive coordinator too :unsure: