I hate this, but I think Son Of Satan stays

beerme1

I am glad we re signed Angelo Crowell, although we don't know the terms.

What scares the hell out of me though is the thought that a guy who is days away from getting axed is signing guys.

The two don't seem to go together do they? I mean if I'm canning someone, he is not dotting anymore I's or crossing any more T's except for the letter that states he has returned his car and will be getting his final pay check in full.

Please, Please tell me I'm wrong :doh:

I just cant envision as screwed up as this entire organization is that these guys stay.

What scares the hell out of me though is the thought that a guy who is days away from getting axed is signing guys.

The two don't seem to go together do they? I mean if I'm canning someone, he is not dotting anymore I's or crossing any more T's except for the letter that states he has returned his car and will be getting his final pay check in full.

Please, Please tell me I'm wrong  :doh:

I just cant envision as screwed up as this entire organization is that these guys stay.

544950[/snapback]

Depends on who he is signing and for how much, I think AC is a good one to lock up.

I don't think it means anything. In business, unlike politics, the big shots are usually not lame ducks - even with handwriting on the wall. They keep doing whatever they do. When they are axed, it's generally a swift process... "Good morning. Clear out your desk. Goodbye and have a nice lunch".

I don't think it means anything. In business, unlike politics, the big shots are usually not  lame ducks - even with handwriting on the wall.  They keep doing whatever they do. When they are axed, it's generally a swift process... "Good morning. Clear out your desk. Goodbye and have a nice lunch".

544979[/snapback]

In general I'd say you're right, Cincy, but I have to agree with beerne on this particular one. This just renews my fear that we only have two possibilities: either TD is canned and TM takes over, or TD stays.

Even in bussiness, if I know (or are even considering) firing a supervisor, there is no way I'm letting him make big-money desicions that will affect my company for several years.

TM made the deal with Crowell, or TD is staying. But no matter what, our GM's first name is going to be Tom next year.

Ever consider that he is a professional, and is still bound by contract to perform his duties to his current employer?

545032[/snapback]

I don't think the arguement is that it is surprising that TD is willing to put the work into resigning a player. The tell-tale action here is that RW is still letting TD (or TM) do it.

Would anyone be angry if TD stayed-on to negotiate contracts and manage the cap, like the rumor said?  I wouldn't.  Just as long as GM duties go to someone else, I wouldn't mind one bit.

545042[/snapback]

I've never had to work in such a situation, but I think it would be very difficult to have someone work for me who was just my boss. I'd say the team would need to bring someone from the outside in for the GM slot. So RW might as well just fire TD and let the new GM bring in his own guys.

544950[/snapback]

TD did this to get the fans reved...that's all. It's a token.

TD did this to get the fans reved...that's all.  It's a token.

545051[/snapback]

No, he didn't get the fans reved at all. Bills fans are smart enough to know that this team is going no where fast without rehauling the o-line and making some major upgrades on the d-line.

I've never had to work in such a situation, but I think it would be very difficult to have someone work for me who was just my boss. I'd say the team would need to bring someone from the outside in for the GM slot. So RW might as well just fire TD and let the new GM bring in his own guys.

It's accepting a demotion for TD and Modrak being confident enough to want to BE the new GM and do things his way.

TD did this to get the fans reved...that's all.  It's a token.

545051[/snapback]

Reved?

Here are a few of the active topics on this board right now:

- This team is so !@#$ed.

- NYJ Please Kick our Collective A55es!

- Possible Conspiracy or last request

- Who should replace TD?

- A Call to Arms

- If this is Holcomb's team...Then it's time to look for a new QB

- This team really sucks...plain and simple

- No Fried Bologna at the stadium=disaster of a season

Does that sound reved to you?

In general I'd say you're right, Cincy, but I have to agree with beerne on this particular one. This just renews my fear that we only have two possibilities: either TD is canned and TM takes over, or TD stays.

Even in bussiness, if I know (or are even considering) firing a supervisor, there is no way I'm letting him make big-money desicions that will affect my company for several years.

TM made the deal with Crowell, or TD is staying. But no matter what, our GM's first name is going to be Tom next year.

545031[/snapback]

I see your points.

But I agree with KOKBILL's post of a week or so ago - essentially that the relationship between the fans (customers) and TD/MM is very soured, and that if they are around next season and the team stumbles, it will get savage.

A GM and HC are very visible people, unlike say the CEO and COO of a manufacturing company. Not liking a product usually doesn't raise issues - or disgust - about the latter. Usually. :doh:

Reved?

Here are a few of the active topics on this board right now:

- This team is so !@#$ed.

- NYJ Please Kick our Collective A55es!

- Possible Conspiracy or last request

- Who should replace TD?

- A Call to Arms

- If this is Holcomb's team...Then it's time to look for a new QB

- This team really sucks...plain and simple

- No Fried Bologna at the stadium=disaster of a season

Does that sound reved to you?

545059[/snapback]

Trying to regain control of a plane in a tailspin then...In any case, it was nothing of merit given the needs of this team...mindless move.

Trying to regain control of a plane in a tailspin then...In any case, it was nothing of merit given the needs of this team...mindless move.

545064[/snapback]

I'm all for sticking it to TD right now, but I'm not sure what your gripe is right now. I think benching JP (if he is healthy enought play Sunday) is huge mistake, but I think resigning Crowell is a no-brainer -- not a mindless move, and I don't believe it has anything to do with trying to win over fans.

I'm all for sticking it to TD right now, but I'm not sure what your gripe is right now. I think benching JP (if he is healthy enought play Sunday) is huge mistake, but I think resigning Crowell is a no-brainer -- not a mindless move, and I don't believe it has anything to do with trying to win over fans.

545068[/snapback]

No surprise here, either. Crowell was a 3rd round pick playing behind a stable lb corps who rounded into game shape and looked good. Re-signing him made all the sense in the world.

No surprise here, either. Crowell was a 3rd round pick playing behind a stable lb corps who rounded into game shape and looked good.  Re-signing him made all the sense in the world.

545088[/snapback]

You mean you don't feel like TD is playing mind games with you by extending Crowell? :doh:

:(

It is a bit surprising. It appears that TD is merely attempting to show that he is still focussed and on the job, despite the rumors and distractions. If he quits functioning as a GM, he leaves the impression that he doesn't care any more. And if that's the case, why even think about retaining him.

If we assume that TD is out as GM at the end of the season, it makes sense that he remain a professional and do his job to the best of his abilities. Negotiating a reasonable deal between the Bills and Crowell will show any teams interested in hiring TD will see that he's not trying to sabotage his current team's financial situation. Future employers ( I would guess) would look favorably at an employee to did their job to the fullest until let go than a person who "mails it in" until they're let go.

I think anyone banking on TD and MM being fired needs to be prepared for the worst. There's been no indication from OBD that they're being canned. It's all been from the press and by us fans.

By all accounts, this team is profitable and still shows signs it can win (aka Cincy game). I've been wating for years for TD to be gone and 5 years for a real coach to be here. And I have all the confidence in the world that at this time next year, I'll still be waiting for someone to be hired that has a clue on how to win football games.

I'll even be surprised is we have more than 2 new offensive lineman next year. We'll get the same song and dance; they may drop 2 new guys on the line, but we'll still have the same retreads gettting blown over and wondering why KH can't repeat his marvelous 300 yard game from last year. It must be that he's getting old - maybe a young mobile qb is what we need.

I think anyone banking on TD and MM being fired needs to be prepared for the worst.  There's been no indication from OBD that they're being canned.  It's all been from the press and by us fans.

By all accounts, this team is profitable and still shows signs it can win (aka Cincy game).  I've been wating for years for TD to be gone and 5 years for a real coach to be here.  And I have all the confidence in the world that at this time next year, I'll still be waiting for someone to be hired that has a clue on how to win football games.

I'll even be surprised is we have more than 2 new offensive lineman next year.  We'll get the same song and dance; they may drop 2 new guys on the line, but we'll still have the same retreads gettting blown over and wondering why KH can't repeat his marvelous 300 yard game from last year.  It must be that he's getting old - maybe a young mobile qb is what we need.

545308[/snapback]

I fear you're dead on. That said - the more i look at this, I really think we have a shot at being the worst team in the NFL next year. The other $hitty teams have some hope at the skilled posiitons and I think next year will only have the Bills with Evens as the only bonified potential pro bowler in a skilled posiiton for Buffalo... Anyway - you're right - TD and MM will stick around at leats one more year. Unfortunately for them, (or us), they need at least 2 to assemble some kind of team to compete...

544950[/snapback]

I hear what your saying, but it is still his job up until the day he is fired. Besides, I think this signing was a no-brainer. TD is as good as gone.

I fear you're dead on.  That said - the more i look at this, I really think we have a shot at being the worst team in the NFL next year.  The other $hitty teams have some hope at the skilled posiitons and I think next year will only have the Bills with Evens as the only bonified potential pro bowler in a skilled posiiton for Buffalo...  Anyway - you're right - TD and MM will stick around at leats one more year.  Unfortunately for them, (or us), they need at least 2 to assemble some kind of team to compete...

The Bills will address the lines this off-season. I think there's no other option for them. They have the skill positions on offense (Moulds needs to be reworked, but there's always a veteran WR in FA who can help a team out) and the biggest pieces missing on defense were a DT and Spikes, who might be back. We'll see, but I do NOT see the Bills being worse next year.