This team really sucks

NavyBillsFan

I love this team, dont get me wrong but this has got to be the worst team in the history of the Bills.

There is no excuse in todays football market to have a team like this. I dont blame the players. I blame the coaches all the way up to dear ole Ralph.

Trying to win against the Jets? FOR WHAT????

*****NEWS ALERT GUYS.... GET READY FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF LOSMAN GROWING PAINS THAT SHOULD OF BEEN TAKEN CARE OF THIS YEAR*******

If TD is canned and MM is gone too, Ralph needs to SPEND the money to get a guy in here who knows what the $%%^ he is doing and is going to hire a coach with some nuts and who does not look like a clueless moron on the sidelines every week. AND NOT SOMEBODY FROM PITTSBURGH/LIVED IN PITTSBURGH/PLAYED IN PITTSBURGH/OR TOOK A FRIGGIN DUMP IN PITTSBURGH!

I sniff glue and wash TD's undies with my toothbrush!

Sorry for the rant but after reading this we took our QB of the future and turned him into Ryan Leaf overnight. This kids head is so messed up now he will be gun shy in anything he does on the field.

STICK WITH THE KID AND LET HIM PLAY NOW!

Playing behind this $%^&& O-line will only make him better.

Almost 10 years now of nothing.

How in the hell do the Bills market this team for next season?

Thank God for the Sabres.......

I love this team, dont get me wrong but this has got to be the worst team in the history of the Bills.

There is no excuse in todays football market to have a team like this.  I dont blame the players.  I blame the coaches all the way up to dear ole Ralph. 

Trying to win against the Jets?  FOR WHAT????

*****NEWS ALERT GUYS....  GET READY FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF LOSMAN GROWING PAINS THAT SHOULD OF BEEN TAKEN CARE OF THIS YEAR*******

544695[/snapback]

First- trying to win against the jets to get a win- News alert- thats what you play for- to win, not draft position, and the simpletons think.

Second- the players ARE also accountable for how they play- if you don't factor them in, then you are wrong. If you excuse Sam Adams acting like the pudgy little baby he is, then you are wrong again.

Developing a quarterback is not like making a TV dinner- its not one season, and presto- instant All-Pro. Each player has their own timetable- it can be one season, two seasons, or five. And some sit for a few years, some play- some play sporadically, then sit for awhile. There is no one right way.

You will learn to be patient- you have no other choice, unless you want to put that Patriots jersey on.....then again- their fans had to be patient through some lean years as well

First- trying to win against the jets to get a win- News alert- thats what you play for- to win, not draft position, and the simpletons think.

Second- the players ARE also accountable for how they play- if you don't factor them in, then you are wrong. If you excuse Sam Adams acting like the pudgy little baby he is, then you are wrong again.

Developing a quarterback is not like making a TV dinner- its not one season, and presto- instant All-Pro. Each player has their own timetable- it can be one season, two seasons, or five. And some sit for a few years, some play- some play sporadically, then sit for awhile. There is no one right way.

You will learn to be patient- you have no other choice, unless you want to put that Patriots jersey on.....then again- their fans had to be patient through some lean years as well

544710[/snapback]

Difference with the pat and us.... 3 superbowls for them while we rub our heads here with 4 beatdowns.

Developing a QB does not happen by sitting him on the sidelines and let him watch. What does that do for you. Most of us been watching football for years, so are we all pros now or what?

PLAY THE KID and let him learn on the field. Kelly is old and not the future.

Im not saying to play to lose for the draft. Who really cares about the draft anymore with this team. Lets see what our bench guys can do. Same as Pittsburgh did to our starters last season. A bunch of them are starting now.

Difference with the pat and us....  3 superbowls for them while we rub our heads here with 4 beatdowns.

Developing a QB does not happen by sitting him on the sidelines and let him watch.  What does that do for you.  Most of us been watching football for years, so are we all pros now or what?

PLAY THE KID and let him learn on the field.  Kelly is old and not the future.

Im not saying to play to lose for the draft.  Who really cares about the draft anymore with this team.  Lets see what our bench guys can do.  Same as Pittsburgh did to our starters last season.  A bunch of them are starting now.

544721[/snapback]

Steve McNair sat for a few years- and he's the closest thing to Brett Favre in the last decade. The head coach has a better feel for how Losman is coming along than we do- and if he thinks the play, observe, play observe formula works, then I trust him.

No, I'm not going along with the "Fans are idiots" theory, but the coaches do know and see more than we do.

544710[/snapback]

nobody should ever play to lose...but you can still play to win (at least try) and develop your young QB...putting him in doesn't mean you're deliberately trying to throw the game (that wouldn't help his progress anyway)

Difference with the pat and us....  3 superbowls for them while we rub our heads here with 4 beatdowns.

Developing a QB does not happen by sitting him on the sidelines and let him watch.  What does that do for you.  Most of us been watching football for years, so are we all pros now or what?

PLAY THE KID and let him learn on the field.  Kelly is old and not the future.

Im not saying to play to lose for the draft.  Who really cares about the draft anymore with this team.  Lets see what our bench guys can do.  Same as Pittsburgh did to our starters last season.  A bunch of them are starting now.

544721[/snapback]

I can assure you the Bills are done with "growing pains" and they will play the best QB that's available to them next year. If that happens to be JP then great but if someone besides Holcomb is available in the offseason and the Bills make a play for him then you can add a third to the mix. The NFL is waaaay too competitive a profession to spend more than one year trying to develop a kid.

I can assure you the Bills are done with "growing pains" and they will play the best QB that's available to them next year.  If that happens to be JP then great but if someone besides Holcomb is available in the offseason and the Bills make a play for him then you can add a third to the mix.  The NFL is waaaay too competitive a profession to spend more than one year trying to develop a kid.

544817[/snapback]

I think this team has too much weakness on the OL and DL that needs to

be addressed than trying to get another high-priced FA QB....

• 3 weeks later...

man i totally agree with you. for next year the real key is gonna be the lines. both on offense and defense. weve got losman, good arm and a real good young talent. weve also got willis. when he said he was one of the best backs in the league he may have been right. but with this crap of an o-line to block for him we couldnt get anything done. we saw his explosivness late in the season when henry got hurt last year or before that can't remember. plus weve got lee evans, rosco parish, and josh reed. all three are stong players that can make plays for JP. the key to next years success is picking up a couple free agent linemen and LETTING JP PLAY! holcom just doesnt have the arm to be a starter. this was really apparent when he threw 5 interceptions against the jets. he is a true back up. playing him as a starter to "try to win now" was a mistake that set the team back another year. :blink:

nobody should ever play to lose...but you can still play to win (at least try) and develop your young QB...putting him in doesn't mean you're deliberately trying to throw the game (that wouldn't help his progress anyway)

544780[/snapback]

collegeguy--that is a disturbing avatar...

544695[/snapback]

um, worst team in Bills History.. You either slept during the mid 80's or you were eating crushed carrots in your high chair....

not close to being the worse in history... maybe most non productive.. but at least this team has talent...

um, worst team in Bills History.. You either slept during the mid 80's or you were eating crushed carrots in your high chair....

not close to being the worse in history... maybe most non productive.. but at least this team has talent...

570194[/snapback]

I went to every game.

What I saw was a team with no talent play with heart

What we had last season is a team with no direction with talent.

Scrap the team and start over.

By the time Losman blooms (if ever) our "talent" will be old minus evans/WM

There is no excuse in todays football market to have a team like this.  I dont blame the players.  I blame the coaches all the way up to dear ole Ralph. 

Trying to win against the Jets?  FOR WHAT????

*****NEWS ALERT GUYS....  GET READY FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF LOSMAN GROWING PAINS THAT SHOULD OF BEEN TAKEN CARE OF THIS YEAR*******

If TD is canned and MM is gone too, Ralph needs to SPEND the money to get a guy in here who knows what the $%%^ he is doing and is going to hire a coach with some nuts and who does not look like a clueless moron on the sidelines every week.  AND NOT SOMEBODY FROM PITTSBURGH/LIVED IN PITTSBURGH/PLAYED IN PITTSBURGH/OR TOOK A FRIGGIN DUMP IN PITTSBURGH!

I sniff glue and wash TD's undies with my toothbrush!

Sorry for the rant but after reading this we took our QB of the future and turned him into Ryan Leaf overnight.  This kids head is so messed up now he will be gun shy in anything he does on the field.

STICK WITH THE KID AND LET HIM PLAY NOW!

Playing behind this $%^&&  O-line will only make him better.

Almost 10 years now of nothing. 

How in the hell do the Bills market this team for next season?

Thank God for the Sabres.......

544695[/snapback]

"You will mess with his head" is one of the all-time poorest excuses for doing anything to anyone (other than maybe to a child or a policeman).

I don't think I have ever heard an interview with a sports figure who said "well they really messed with my head, and made it hard for me to throw a ball."

It's a figure of speach that really never happens. But stinking up the field will get you cut in any sport every time. JP has had plenty of time. Looks like he needs more.

His head is the least of our worries. The fact that he can't see more than the 6-8 defensive players off the line, is a problem.

We will give him more time. And he will be in the league for 10 years. Freakin Todd Collins is still in the league (I think..)

He might get better. Might not. But it won't be because we didn't play him in one game. And it won't be because our coach "messed with his head". what ever that is.

544695[/snapback]

This team is nowhere near "worst ever" in Bills history. I suggest doing some reading/research on Bills teams from the 60's, 70's & 80's. There were some truly bad teams during each of those decades, but I guess the Hot Pockets generation doesn't have time for anything that far back. :D

DING!

Guest BackInDaDay

Way to go. I was really looking forward to whatever was at the end of that link. :D

You've had a few key points buried in this thread that merit consideration.

Perhaps the most telling was your remark of this being a talented team without direction. This is probably the largest contributing factor to a Bills fan's frustration.

The starts and stops and all the fits in between that the '05 season brought us are enough to test the best fan's patience.

Setting goals requires more than a chalkboard and a slogan. You have to back them with a workable plan of action if they're going to be realistic and attainable. Mularkey and Donahoe failed miserably in that regard. Losman's developement is but one example.

If it's any consolation, have some faith in what Levy can do in a leadership role for this team. He's an intelligent guy who's been around the game for decades and will set a navigable course for the club. If Ralph has enough faith in him, and has a true fondess for him, he may be content to give Marv a wide berth.

This team is nowhere near "worst ever" in Bills history.  I suggest doing some reading/research on Bills teams from the 60's, 70's & 80's.  There were some truly bad teams during each of those decades, but I guess the Hot Pockets generation doesn't have time for anything that far back. :huh:

DING!

570849[/snapback]

These sorts of responses puzzle me. We take pride in that the Buffalo Bills have had a long tradition of sucking? We shouldn't be angry or upset that the Bills are a mess because it's happened many times before? What?

These sorts of responses puzzle me. We take pride in that the Buffalo Bills have had a long tradition of sucking? We shouldn't be angry or upset that the Bills are a mess because it's happened many times before? What?

571182[/snapback]

What's puzzling. All I am saying is that there have been many other years that were far worse than 2005. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing to be read between the lines.