Did we just hand Dallas a Top 10 pick for JP?

FTW_BillsFan

First of all.....in next years draft yes I believe JP Losman would be a top ten pick....

but

I dont think the bills will be handing the cowboys a top ten pick....a lot of football left to be played here....

38683[/snapback]

Also, looking at the other side of the coin, our 2nd rdr that we gave them

this year Julius Jone is in Bill Parcells dog house and had a horrible debut

yesterday by fumbling the ball....So we look from that standpoint, we might

have got him just for a 1st rd from the next year...

Bottom line is, it is a move that TD made with the hope that this team will

be geared for the playoffs this year and hence it is likely to be a mid-round

pick....

For all the accolades people poured on TH, he has not played like a top 10

back in the league...Looks like WM is on his mind more than the ball-game.

He is not only kiiling his FA chances, he is also killing us from getting a

decent draft pick back...

It's looking like it after 2 weeks.

38666[/snapback]

So. Freaking. What. Already.

That was the price, and there was nothing that could have been done about it. We needed the QB, and others behind us were going to get him. Please, please, let it go. It had to be done. This is one that TD absolutely does not deserve any slack over.

I'm really not sure why everyone is enamored with draft choices.  At least 2/3rds of all first rounders never play up to their cap number.  I wish TD would trade every one of them and use the money to sign talented veteran players at their peak.

38789[/snapback]

Maybe not ALL of them, but you are on to something there.

Maybe not ALL of them, but you are on to something there.

38805[/snapback]

I was talking first rounders. If there were willing participants out there, I'd seriously consider dumping every damn #1 I had for multiple lower round picks or future first rounders. When you look at what a top 10 player brings in versus what a guy like Spikes or Milloy (anybody miss him yesterday? yeah, me neither), it's a no brainer.

I posted this on another board last night when TSW was down, I think TD was too enamored over Evans than he should have been.

The way I look at it, Lee Evans better turn out to be a superstar. At the time we took pick 13, TD wanted both Evans & Losman. Of the 2 positions, QB is so much more important than WR. This was a rich WR draft while JP was the last available QB other than the day 2 guys. Also it's much easier to get a WR through other means (fa, trade) than a QB of the future unless the guy on the other side of the trade is Jerry Glanville. TD could have traded down a few notches or just drafted JP at 13. This is not 20/20 hindsight on my part because at pick 13 when the turn came I mock drafted JP, kept the other picks went D line round 2 (Starks) WR round 3 (Berrian) & kept next year's #1 when it would be high if Bledsoe was done.

He evidently didn't consider Virginia's Matt Schaub. A polished college QB...

38892[/snapback]

Scouting reports on Schaub said he lacked arm strength, which is the kiss of death for a QB in Buffalo late in the season. Here's some comments on Schaub's arm:

PFW Nolan Nawrocki: "Lacks the arm strength to drive ball downfield. Deep balls tend to hang rather than turn over."

Draft Insiders Digest Frank Coyle: " He is a fine passer with only adequate arm strength and mobility, but intangibles and accuracy to become an NFL starter."

I'm really not sure why everyone is enamored with draft choices.  At least 2/3rds of all first rounders never play up to their cap number.  I wish TD would trade every one of them and use the money to sign talented veteran players at their peak.

38789[/snapback]

Thank you

I posted this on another board last night when TSW was down,  I think TD was too enamored over Evans than he should have been. 

The way I look at it, Lee Evans better turn out to be a superstar. At the time we took pick 13, TD wanted both Evans & Losman. Of the 2 positions, QB is so much more important than WR. This was a rich WR draft while JP was the last available QB other than the day 2 guys. Also it's much easier to get a WR through other means (fa, trade) than a QB of the future unless the guy on the other side of the trade is Jerry Glanville. TD could have traded down a few notches or just drafted JP at 13. This is not 20/20 hindsight on my part because at pick 13 when the turn came I mock drafted JP, kept the other picks went D line round 2 (Starks) WR round 3 (Berrian) & kept next year's #1 when it would be high if Bledsoe was done.

38885[/snapback]

I gotta say I have no problems with the draft moves to get Evans and Losman....I also didn't have a problem with the drafting of Magehee and Kelsay last year....

What I DO have a problem with is not agressively seaking veteran free agent guys so that we could keep the team headed in the right direction until they were ready.....especially OFFENSIVE LINEMEN........

The fact that Pucillo is still on our roster (even if he isn't starting) is a insult to my intelligence