Holcomb 3rd and 7 pass to Reed

zow2

Those of you w/ Tivo need to take a 2nd look at that pass to Josh Reed on a critical 3rd and 7.....as Cinci was trying to stop us. That was a professional QB pass. It was the kind of pass that JP cannot make right now and that's why i think the coaching staff is using Holcomb so much. This isn't a JP bash thread. I'm just pointing out one glaring example of why KH is a much better QB than JP. SO many people during the first half of the game day thread were just bashing Holcomb to no end and I think it's unjustified.

Those of you w/ Tivo need to take a 2nd look at that pass to Josh Reed on a critical 3rd and 7.....as Cinci was trying to stop us.  That was a professional QB pass. It was the kind of pass that JP cannot make right now and that's why i think the coaching staff is using Holcomb so much.  This isn't a JP bash thread. I'm just pointing out one glaring example of why KH is a much better QB than JP.  SO many people during the first half of the game day thread were just bashing Holcomb to no end and I think it's unjustified.

541852[/snapback]

the catch wasn't too shabby either aye?

Those of you w/ Tivo need to take a 2nd look at that pass to Josh Reed on a critical 3rd and 7.....as Cinci was trying to stop us.  That was a professional QB pass. It was the kind of pass that JP cannot make right now and that's why i think the coaching staff is using Holcomb so much.  This isn't a JP bash thread. I'm just pointing out one glaring example of why KH is a much better QB than JP.  SO many people during the first half of the game day thread were just bashing Holcomb to no end and I think it's unjustified.

541852[/snapback]

The key there is right now- its because he's had a lot more time in the league- once we get that for JP, he'll be a much better QB than Holcomb

That was a borderline hospital pass.

Props to Josh Reed for a really great catch on a huuuuuge down.

541863[/snapback]

Agreed. I was screaming at the TV "Yes!" on that play before the pass. You could see Reed wide open. Holcomb didnt put enough zip on it and Reed got clobbered when he didn't need to. Great catch by Josh, who really deserves some second guessing on his value as a #3/#4 receiver.

That was a borderline hospital pass.

Props to Josh Reed for a really great catch on a huuuuuge down.

541863[/snapback]

Absolutely, the catch was phenomenal by Reed. All I'm saying is the accuracy and touch on that ball and to put it just over the outstretched arms of the LB in a clutch situation was a Pro QB pass. JP might get that in time but he hasn't shown it yet. I will be rooting like hell for JP to progress in the offseason because his legs coupled with accuracy and touch would be a great combo.

Absolutely, the catch was phenomenal by Reed.  All I'm saying is the accuracy and touch on that ball and to put it just over the outstretched arms of the LB in a clutch situation was a Pro QB pass.  JP might get that in time but he hasn't shown it yet.  I will be rooting like hell for JP to progress in the offseason because his legs coupled with accuracy and touch would be a great combo.

541883[/snapback]

Gotcha.

Didn't mean any disrespect to Holcomb on a good throw, just wanted to give Reed a nod.

Who cares if Holcomb made a throw that you think JP couldn't? Holcomb's been in the league a lot longer so he'd better see the field better. We were 4 and 10 going into this game and going nowhere. Now is the the time to give JP experience and see if he's improving.

I agree that Reed made a great catch on a key play in the game. He was hammered so hard it knocked his shoe off but he still held on.

Who cares if Holcomb made a throw that you think JP couldn't?  Holcomb's been in the league a lot longer so he'd better see the field better.  We were 4 and 10 going into this game and going nowhere.  Now is the the time to give JP experience and see if he's improving.

I agree that Reed made a great catch on a key play in the game.  He was hammered so hard it knocked his shoe off but he still held on.

542005[/snapback]

It wasn't his shoe, it was the DBs.

541852[/snapback]

Well said. That was a crucial play in the game as well. If we don't make that who knows....., However I thought Kelly Holcomb threw the ball well today. I thought he only had one mistake today and that's good enough to win in almost any game.